Paula Deen Controversy
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Southern food lover

Butler, PA

#1 Jun 30, 2013
Should Paula Deen be pulled from the food network and her products pulled from wal-mart? All because of something she said 27 years ago?
Dixie

Clearfield, PA

#2 Jun 30, 2013
There has to be more behind all this scandal than what we know. She should NOT be going through all the B.S. now over an issue that happened many years ago. She was'nt in the public eye then and she was being robbed at gun point ! Just another scandal to take away from somebody who made something out of themselves. I support Paula and hope she pulls through this ok. She should just thumb her nose at all this B.S. at this point and go enjoy her millions.
poster

Clearfield, PA

#3 Jun 30, 2013
she did nothing wrong.
Southern food lover

Butler, PA

#4 Jun 30, 2013
Dixie wrote:
There has to be more behind all this scandal than what we know. She should NOT be going through all the B.S. now over an issue that happened many years ago. She was'nt in the public eye then and she was being robbed at gun point ! Just another scandal to take away from somebody who made something out of themselves. I support Paula and hope she pulls through this ok. She should just thumb her nose at all this B.S. at this point and go enjoy her millions.
Couldn't agree more.
saggin

Altoona, PA

#5 Jul 2, 2013
She's done for. A white woman said a racial slur. Sad but true. Once there is something else for them to bitch about and they leave her alone, some off the wall channel will give her a half assed cooking show job and that'll be her life.

Level 2

Since: Mar 13

Murrysville, PA

#6 Jul 2, 2013
all minerals

Southview, PA

#7 Jul 2, 2013
Jolten wrote:
http://www.blacklegalissues.co m/Article_Details.aspx?artclid =7dfdbe0461
http://www.scribd.com/mobile/doc/148832518...
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/3530174
Find a source that is not so liberal and a may bother reading it.
whitewash

Clearfield, PA

#8 Jul 2, 2013
Controversy? Scandal? No, neither. It doesn't matter how many glam words you use in here or how many links you post, the internet found her guilty within the first hour and corporate America responded in the second hour so now it's time for her to join Michael Richards (Kramer) on the 'by public opinion' racist vine to dry up and eventually blow away. If Don Imus hadn't owned a cancer ranch for kids, he'd be there too.

Level 2

Murrysville, PA

#9 Jul 2, 2013
all minerals wrote:
<quoted text>Find a source that is not so liberal and a may bother reading it.
The 133 page court document isn't enough for you to draw your own conclusion? Nothing liberal about that.
Clearfielder

Bellefonte, PA

#10 Jul 2, 2013
From what I heard, this was something that happened 20 some years ago. Excuse me if I am wrong. But... if she can be fired for something that happend that long agp, shouldnt the president of the Uninted States be fired for the drugs he did 20 some years ago?
Obama

Pittsburgh, PA

#11 Jul 2, 2013
Clearfielder wrote:
From what I heard, this was something that happened 20 some years ago. Excuse me if I am wrong. But... if she can be fired for something that happend that long agp, shouldnt the president of the Uninted States be fired for the drugs he did 20 some years ago?
No.
common cents

Blairsville, PA

#12 Jul 2, 2013
I hear rumor that she is going to be a main attraction at the fair this year . She is going to do a comedian act on black Friday .
Dont Understand

Bellefonte, PA

#13 Jul 2, 2013
Somebody help me out... I dont understand. You listen to say rap music or a black comedian and they us the "N" word constantly, and its ok. But if a white person uses that word, its racist! WTF? If a white person calls a black person a "N_____", its racist, but if a black person calls a white person a "cracker" "hunky" or "whitey",its ok? Im not being racist, I just dont understand the logic behind all this b/s. All comments are welcome and appreciated.
sumthin smells

Beaver Falls, PA

#14 Jul 2, 2013
Soon whitey will be the minority . Then we can pull the race card .
Ask me anything

Altoona, PA

#15 Jul 3, 2013
Ahh, the idiots never learn, so here is a quick lesson in Business.

There is a very, very , very huge difference between being fired, and not having your contract renewed.

When your fired, you are told to leave immediately, when your contract is not renewed, it means the company feels that you are either making demands in negotiations that are unreasonable, or you failed to live up to the terms of your previous contract.

Paula Deens contract expired June 30th, the FN felt it would be in their best interest not to renew it, due to her legal problems...., and her inability to perform under her current contract...
ashadeoff

Apollo, PA

#16 Jul 3, 2013
Black cow. Black calf . Where is the harm .
kate

Du Bois, PA

#17 Jul 3, 2013
Dont Understand wrote:
Somebody help me out... I dont understand. You listen to say rap music or a black comedian and they us the "N" word constantly, and its ok. But if a white person uses that word, its racist! WTF? If a white person calls a black person a "N_____", its racist, but if a black person calls a white person a "cracker" "hunky" or "whitey",its ok? Im not being racist, I just dont understand the logic behind all this b/s. All comments are welcome and appreciated.
The word is honkey not hunky

Level 2

Blairsville, PA

#18 Jul 3, 2013
Dont Understand wrote:
I don't believe the case is about her using the N word once. This case is about her behavior during a 2003 wedding she planned and the restaurant she owned. The media has some other remark made from twenty years ago that doesnt appear to be connected to this case. i think its about her general all over attitude towards the blacks at this "plantation" style wedding reflecting times of around the Civil War . that's what I'm picking up out of what I read.

Level 2

Since: Dec 09

Plymptonville

#19 Jul 3, 2013
I've seen a couple of interviews from blacks that were at the wedding. They all agreed it was a beautiful ceremony and they didn't have a problem with it.

I would think that if anyone at the wedding had a problem with it they would have spoke up in 2003 so I'm not sure who even made this an issue 10 years later. I'm not following it too close because I think it's all overblown. No one was forced to be in the wedding, they could have declined if they thought it was racist. Maybe they went to spit in the food!!
Unequal

Bronx, NY

#20 Jul 3, 2013
It don't seem to bother the " blacks " when it benefits them in some way by being a minority......not one of them is screaming racism then! Start handing out free money and/ or housing and watch them come running to get in line. They are the ones to play the race card first anyway........." Oh your just treating me that way because I'm black ".

BULL SH T !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clearfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Special boro covert operations 5 hr Winters wonderland 11
Last Post Wins (Dec '11) 5 hr Princess Hey 874
airshow 8 hr StanleyQPublic 33
Not so fast Darron Strattan 11 hr LisaRossy 21
Clearfield man drugs surprise (Apr '13) 17 hr Winters wonderland 27
News Two Clearfield County officers charged over kni... (Feb '08) Sat Voter 151
News Pennsylvania sheriff's call for posse draws 452... Apr 29 Strictish Constru... 92
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Clearfield Mortgages