First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Knowing

Morehead, KY

#1 Mar 24, 2013
Someone told me that the parents both having hazel eyes could not have a blue eyed child.
fact

Palm City, FL

#2 Mar 24, 2013
Knowing wrote:
Someone told me that the parents both having hazel eyes could not have a blue eyed child.
"Someone" is wrong. No gossip material here.
possible

Morehead, KY

#3 Mar 24, 2013
You see two white people have black baby and one woman having twins with two different father's so "someone" just has a problem with someone involved because if there blues in the genes you can get blue... there's no exact science.
except

Morehead, KY

#4 Mar 24, 2013
possible wrote:
You see two white people have black baby and one woman having twins with two different father's so "someone" just has a problem with someone involved because if there blues in the genes you can get blue... there's no exact science.
if both parents have blue eyes they can not have a child with blue eyes, blue eye color is an anomaly. Parents with any other eye color or combination can have a child with blue eyes
:)

Owensboro, KY

#5 Mar 24, 2013
except wrote:
<quoted text>if both parents have blue eyes they can not have a child with blue eyes, blue eye color is an anomaly. Parents with any other eye color or combination can have a child with blue eyes
Wrong!! Both my parents have blue eyes, my brother has blue eyes!
Ann

Morehead, KY

#6 Mar 24, 2013
except wrote:
<quoted text>if both parents have blue eyes they can not have a child with blue eyes, blue eye color is an anomaly. Parents with any other eye color or combination can have a child with blue eyes
Blue eye color isn't an anomaly - it's a recessive trait. And two blue-eyed parents can absolutely have blue-eyed children.

Didn't your 7th grade science class have a genetics lesson on Mendel's square?
tatertot

Morehead, KY

#7 Mar 24, 2013
except wrote:
<quoted text>if both parents have blue eyes they can not have a child with blue eyes, blue eye color is an anomaly. Parents with any other eye color or combination can have a child with blue eyes
wrong!! I know a family with both parents having blue eyes and all their kids have blue eyes...try again.
lol

Morehead, KY

#8 Mar 24, 2013
This thread should prove a few accusations related to stereotyping, sometimes the stereotypes are true.
Me Too

Palm City, FL

#9 Mar 24, 2013
tatertot wrote:
<quoted text>
wrong!! I know a family with both parents having blue eyes and all their kids have blue eyes...try again.
Exactly! We are of Scandinavian descent. Everyone in our family of 5 has blue eyes, as do our grandparents.
except

Morehead, KY

#10 Mar 24, 2013
I know why several folks on here have brown eyes, because they are full of shat
blue eyed girl

Bellevue, WA

#11 Mar 24, 2013
both my parents have blue eyes and so do I and my brother and sisters and my child has blue eyes as her father and I
lol

Morehead, KY

#12 Mar 25, 2013
except wrote:
I know why several folks on here have brown eyes, because they are full of shat
You're not that bright, are you?
really

Morehead, KY

#13 Mar 25, 2013
Two of my kids have blue eyes, as well do i and their dad. My youngest has green eyes and his dads are hazel. My parents both have brown eyes. Two of us has blue and two brown. My mom has brown, her previous husband blue. Their daughter has brown eyes. Does this clear anything up? But ive always heard blue eye are dominate. If a couple with blue eyes has a kid, their kids should have blue eyes. Dont know if thats true.
Not So

Palm City, FL

#14 Mar 25, 2013
really wrote:
Two of my kids have blue eyes, as well do i and their dad. My youngest has green eyes and his dads are hazel. My parents both have brown eyes. Two of us has blue and two brown. My mom has brown, her previous husband blue. Their daughter has brown eyes. Does this clear anything up? But ive always heard blue eye are dominate. If a couple with blue eyes has a kid, their kids should have blue eyes. Dont know if thats true.
It's not. Blue eyes are recessive, not dominant, just google it for more information. It bothers me that the original poster is o viously a busy body, trying to start something. It's none of your business!
google

Morehead, KY

#16 Mar 25, 2013
Basically, two blue eyed parents can only have blue eyed children. If a child of two blue eyed parents has a different eye color than blue...call Jerry!!
Not So

Palm City, FL

#17 Mar 25, 2013
google wrote:
Basically, two blue eyed parents can only have blue eyed children. If a child of two blue eyed parents has a different eye color than blue...call Jerry!!
Obviously, despite the name you chose, you have not googled this subject.

Following is an excerpt from a post regarding this exact issue, namely two blue eyed parents having a brown eyed child:

"People are often very confused by eye color genetics because reality seems to fly in the face of the simple genetics we are taught in school.

Two blue-eyed parents can produce green or brown-eyed children. Eye color is not the simple decision between the brown (or green) and blue versions of a single gene. There are many genes involved and eye color ranges from brown to hazel to green to blue to

How does eye color work? Eye color comes from a combination of two black and yellow pigments called melanin in the iris of your eye. If you have no melanin in the front part of your iris, you have blue eyes. An increasing proportion of the yellow melanin, in combination with the black melanin, results in shades of colors between brown and blue, including green and hazel.

What we are taught in high school biology is generally true, brown eye genes are dominant over green eye genes which are both dominant over blue eye genes. However, because many genes are required to make each of the yellow and black pigments, there is a way called genetic compensation to get brown or green eyes from blue-eyed parents."

There is more to the post, including diagrams and more detailed explanation, if you choose to take the time to read it. http://askville.amazon.com/true-blue-eyed-par... Taken from the post by @Goldie - source "Ask a geneticist"
umm

Morehead, KY

#18 Mar 25, 2013
Not So wrote:
<quoted text>Obviously, despite the name you chose, you have not googled this subject.

Following is an excerpt from a post regarding this exact issue, namely two blue eyed parents having a brown eyed child:

"People are often very confused by eye color genetics because reality seems to fly in the face of the simple genetics we are taught in school.

Two blue-eyed parents can produce green or brown-eyed children. Eye color is not the simple decision between the brown (or green) and blue versions of a single gene. There are many genes involved and eye color ranges from brown to hazel to green to blue to…

How does eye color work? Eye color comes from a combination of two black and yellow pigments called melanin in the iris of your eye. If you have no melanin in the front part of your iris, you have blue eyes. An increasing proportion of the yellow melanin, in combination with the black melanin, results in shades of colors between brown and blue, including green and hazel.

What we are taught in high school biology is generally true, brown eye genes are dominant over green eye genes which are both dominant over blue eye genes. However, because many genes are required to make each of the yellow and black pigments, there is a way called genetic compensation to get brown or green eyes from blue-eyed parents."

There is more to the post, including diagrams and more detailed explanation, if you choose to take the time to read it. http://askville.amazon.com/true-blue-eyed-par... Taken from the post by @Goldie - source "Ask a geneticist"
Sounds like people are making excuses so nobody finds out their secrets. My neighbors both have blue eyes and all eight of their kids have blue eyes. Not one of them has hazel or brown or green, all blue.
wrong

Morehead, KY

#19 Mar 25, 2013
umm wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like people are making excuses so nobody finds out their secrets. My neighbors both have blue eyes and all eight of their kids have blue eyes. Not one of them has hazel or brown or green, all blue.
apparently not matter what color eyes the parents have the baby can have any color eyes depending on several factors and years ago they didn't know that two blue eyed parents can have a brown eyed child and vice versa. Eye color and genetics is a complicated matter.
huh

Owensboro, KY

#20 Mar 25, 2013
I'm green eyed, my parents and brother all blue eyed. Both my children are green eyed even though their father is blue eyed. My niece is blue eyed her father, my brother, is blue eyed. Her mother is brown eyed. Go figure.
well

Morehead, KY

#21 Mar 25, 2013
All my kids had blue eyes the first year or two then turned light brown both of us have light brown eyes. Eye color should not be a question as if it'd in your genes its possible.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clearfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Francis 134,339
Is West Liberty better than Sandy Hook 1 hr StraightUp 11
deseray nipper and sam lykins 1 hr StraightUp 18
519 pawn shop 2 hr StraightUp 4
the morehead city police dept (Apr '11) 2 hr TheTruthHurts 82
Thick woman 2 hr winston 4
Delbert Bell 3 hr cellmate 7

Flood Warning for Rowan County was issued at March 04 at 7:28AM EST

Clearfield Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Clearfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:47 am PST

Bleacher Report 9:47AM
Insider Buzz: Mutual Interest Between Andre Johnson and Indianapolis Colts
NBC Sports 9:46 PM
Colts agree to terms on extension for long snapper Matt Overton
Bleacher Report 3:59 AM
Weighing the Pros and Cons of Top Free-Agent Targets
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Weighing the Pros and Cons of Top Free-Agent Targets
Bleacher Report 5:50 AM
Report: Hasselbeck's Contract with Colts Worth $3M