Wi-Fi in Amery and surrounding area?

Wi-Fi in Amery and surrounding area?

Posted in the Clear Lake Forum

Brett Anderson

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Jan 16, 2007
We are considering purchasing a lake cabin in Amery. I work out of my home using broadband internet. Is there a Wi-Fi spot in Amery or the surrounding area? Either pay or free, does anyone know?
Thanks,
Brett
Chunt

Honolulu, HI

#2 Mar 27, 2007
Brett,
Fat Chance!! My parents live 7 miles north of Amery and do not even have cable TV yet. Your best bet is probably to get Satellite Internet. The prices are coming down and you get your own dedicated I.P. and bandwidth.
Jon

Clayton, WI

#3 Mar 28, 2007
All the lake homes (Wapo, North Twin, Pike) all have cable access thus you would be able to get hi speed internet.
Chunt

Honolulu, HI

#4 Mar 28, 2007
John,
He's asking about WiFi, not high speed internet.
The only way he will get WiFi is to set up a wireless router by himself.

chris
Jon wrote:
All the lake homes (Wapo, North Twin, Pike) all have cable access thus you would be able to get hi speed internet.
Lee

Amery, WI

#5 May 14, 2009
I live in amery, my friend says theres like 6 or 7 free wi-fi spots in town. i dont know though.
Walt

Amery, WI

#6 May 20, 2009
I think the original poster was looking for city wide WIFI or WiMAX-There was talk about this a few years ago but nothing came of it.
Jaime

Brisbane, CA

#7 Jun 17, 2011
Any updates on this? I'll be working from Amery in July and will also need WiFi. Home Wifi is fine, but I really enjoy working not-from-home when possible.
I'll try to remember to update this at the end of July and let you know what I've found from poking around.
Barb

Amery, WI

#8 Jun 21, 2011
Jaime wrote:
Any updates on this? I'll be working from Amery in July and will also need WiFi. Home Wifi is fine, but I really enjoy working not-from-home when possible.
I'll try to remember to update this at the end of July and let you know what I've found from poking around.
We don't have citywide wifi, but, the library, Hardee's, Forrest Inn Motel and others in town have free wifi. Hope this helps.
Jimbo

Minneapolis, MN

#9 Mar 22, 2017
I stopped at North Park in Amery and sign said WiFi was available, but unable to connect with smartphone.(Says connecting /getting IP, then gives uo). No other information at Park and nothing in city website regarding login instructions. Anyone?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clear Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Senate in Wisconsi... (Oct '10) Jul '15 Phil Late ist 12
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Wisconsin ... (Oct '10) Jun '12 A T ind 31
1961 High School Reunion (Feb '11) Feb '11 Patty Dawson 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Wisconsin ... (Oct '10) Nov '10 Ski 30
Who do you support for State Assembly in Wiscon... (Oct '10) Oct '10 randy 3
Election Who do you support for State Senate in Wisconsi... (Oct '10) Oct '10 Steve 6
News Birth Announcements (Feb '09) Mar '09 TOOODDDAAAAyyyy 22

Clear Lake Jobs

Personal Finance

Clear Lake Mortgages