Musicians honor Holly, Valens, Richar...

Musicians honor Holly, Valens, Richardson

There are 11 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Feb 3, 2009, titled Musicians honor Holly, Valens, Richardson. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Graham Nash, Los Lobos, Los Lonely Boys and other performers paid homage to three rock and roll legends, 50 years after they died in a plane crash near Clear Lake.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Cynic

Santa Ana, CA

#1 Feb 3, 2009
Washed-up musicians honoring washed-up musicians.
Chester

Chicago, IL

#2 Feb 3, 2009
Cynic wrote:
Washed-up musicians honoring washed-up musicians.
Well thats a stupid thing to say.
What The F

Los Angeles, CA

#3 Feb 3, 2009
Sounds like the "C" list honoring the "D" list.
good music lover

Chicago, IL

#4 Feb 3, 2009
You say the C list honoring the D list, which makes you well below the F list. Do you think anyone is going to be talking about you 50 years after you've past away? Wondering what sort of unfinished masterpieces you left behing - maybe you have some payments left on a 96 Saturn - but really, what a cruddy thing to say.
MoodeB

Eden Prairie, MN

#5 Feb 3, 2009
Cynical washed up person, leaves a washed up cynical response.

Music is Life. Get one, Cynic.
Mike

Iowa City, IA

#6 Feb 4, 2009
Anyone who considers Buddy Holly "D list" is a complete and utter MORON who knows absolutely nothing about music. WTF and Cynic, have you two ever crawled out of your mama's basements and away from your computers & I don't know, gone on a date or tried to interact with society? You might find yourselves a little happier if you did...

As for Buddy Holly, I guess the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame doesn't consider him "washed up" since he was a unanimous, 1st ballot pick.
Amused

Mason City, IA

#8 Feb 23, 2009
I even got to shag my 12 year old daughter after the concert. I've been trying to bag her since she was 7.
Ivory Dove

San Antonio, TX

#9 Feb 23, 2009
"That'll be the Day"....
Carl

Omaha, NE

#10 Feb 27, 2009
Oh the thing I would LOVE to do to The Big Bopper, I could have showed him a great time. MMMM...makes me shudder just thinking about it. Days gone by.
Ivory Dove

San Antonio, TX

#11 Feb 28, 2009
So long ago, in 1972, the radio played Don McLean's
song"...I can't remember if I cried, when I read about his widowed bride, but something touched me deep inside the day the music died.."
spezio

Warren, OR

#12 Apr 29, 2009
All 3 vastly overrated. Mike of course will soil his pink thong when he reads this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clear Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Select Showing Jul '16 Terri Hastings 1
Mr. Signature Song Jun '16 Charotte Minded W... 1
May We See You (Apr '16) Apr '16 Been to See 1
News Hillary Clinton Records Video Message for Trump... (Dec '15) Apr '16 private guy 19
News Actress Susan Sarandon Campaigns for Sanders in... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Who Cares 29
News We Ran Hillary Clinton's Symptoms Through WebMD... (Dec '15) Dec '15 Ritual Habitual 8
Do remember a tractor repairman from 1968???? (Oct '15) Oct '15 Lookin4ever 1

Clear Lake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Clear Lake Mortgages