OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, Sta...

OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Question 756

Created by CitizenTopix on Oct 11, 2010

1,604 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#28059 Sep 1, 2012
asdf wrote:
And right after the convention, Romney gained 6 points and passed Obama. Guess no one cared.
The intro of Sarah Palin got the Repubs much more of a bump and we all know how that turned out.
asdf

Cushing, OK

#28060 Sep 1, 2012
Justaminute wrote:
<quoted text>The intro of Sarah Palin got the Repubs much more of a bump and we all know how that turned out.
Your opinion

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#28061 Sep 1, 2012
DustyOutlaw wrote:
<quoted text>
You're trying to explain reality to people who routinely have sex with farm animals and siblings/parents. Most of them are their own grandpa for God's sake.
==========
Yeah, I suppose so. Most people don't run out and buy a product the moment they hear an Ad for it. The product, Obama, is not available until voting time. That's when the name recognition pays off. Amazing some have no idea of the psychology of why an Ad is run over and over and why it is so effective, despite what they say they like at the moment.
Words

Jenks, OK

#28062 Sep 1, 2012
WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
Yeah, I suppose so. Most people don't run out and buy a product the moment they hear an Ad for it. The product, Obama, is not available until voting time. That's when the name recognition pays off. Amazing some have no idea of the psychology of why an Ad is run over and over and why it is so effective, despite what they say they like at the moment.

Most buy a product they can afford too and this time around most know they can't afford another 4 years of Obama. That's why Obama will lose the sale, he's too expensive! LOL. And Clint telling them they have to let him go. Keep watching the polls, they're getting farther apart like DustyOutlaws hiney after a friday night football game in the locker-room, LOL.
MistyGirl

United States

#28063 Sep 1, 2012
WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
You still don't get it. In the piece you just wrote Eastwoods name appears six times and Obama's four times, but no mention of Obama's opponent. The name that is before the people the most influences who they vote for when they see the names on the ballot. But it really is best, especially for Democrats, if right-wingers don't understand this. We need many more like you.
It's like advertising. A product name is kept before the people and when they ever need that kind of product they go to store and subconsciously they identify with that name they have heard repeatedly and most buy that brand.
People vote the same way. Many(most) know very little about the candidates and when they vote, a big part of their decision is based on name recognition, the name with which they are most familiar.
The day after convention because of Clint, all that could be heard was Eastwood and Obama, not Obama's opponents name. Keeping Obama's name out there and not his opponents name helps Obama.
WMCOL like I said some democratic talking heads will try to make this go on and on and on...but hey, Babs would be proud!

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#28064 Sep 1, 2012
asdf wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh be careful words, Chicago is a racist word now!
What would you know about Chicago other than Faux News? I would be surprised to find out that you have ever been out of the state of Okiebillyhoma and I'm absolutely certain you've never once left the state of Stupidity.

Location hidden

#28065 Sep 1, 2012
Justaminute wrote:
<quoted text>
The intro of Sarah Palin got the Repubs much more of a bump and we all know how that turned out.
They're idiots. The vast majority of the internet immediately started laughing and making fun of Eastwood on one side, and feeling sad for him on the other side (me too). But the idiots don't get it. Regardless of how you feel about what Eastwood did, he upstaged Romney on Romney's biggest night. That's what rational, reasonable swing voters noticed. Romney can't hold the spotlight. This is not a leader when an 81 year old cowboy actor comes on, bumbles and stutters and pretends and steals the show. Ryan has upstaged Romney, now Eastwood. The GOP is desperately trying to get Romney elected with a dirty diaper on. But the people who control this election, the moderates are appalled at Romney's inability to stand up and stand out as his own man. He's a damn hand puppet just like GW Bush and it's becoming more and more glaringly apparent to the group of voters that matter. The moderates.

Location hidden

#28066 Sep 1, 2012
asdf wrote:
<quoted text>
Your opinion
You know to be perfectly honest I find myself wondering if you are really a human. All you do is cut and paste, say LIAR and that's your opinion. Never once have you debated or dueled with anyone over any issue. You cut and paste and you call people liars and you say "that's your opinion". You are one incredibly stupid person. Did you even finish high school?
Words

Jenks, OK

#28067 Sep 1, 2012
WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========

I have to agree with you again on another point, some people including you have a very short memory so let me remind you of Clint Eastwoods selling point again.

During his 10-minute remarks he said:

Mr. Obama's supporters, including Oprah Winfrey, cried with optimism in 2008, adding, "I was even crying. And ... I haven't cried that hard since I found out that there is 23 million unemployed people in this country."

"Now that is something to cry for because that is a disgrace, a national disgrace, and we haven't done enough, obviously - this administration hasn't done enough to cure that," he said.

"When somebody doesn't do the job, you gotta let `em go," Eastwood said before making a throat-slashing motion. Eastwood endorsed the notion that troops should return "tomorrow" from Afghanistan and suggested that is Romney's position.
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#28068 Sep 1, 2012
Someone put together this explanation for the Eastwood/invisible Obama routine, it's interesting unless we hear it out of Eastwood's own mouth:

"...One must assume that Eastwood undertook this assignment with the brisk professionalism for which he is renowned in the industry, and that he approached it as a artist, and not, like Paul Ryan, as a cheerleader. And in that light, suddenly the “meaning” of his performance becomes perfectly clear.

The imaginary America inhabited by most of the folks attending the RNC does not exist. There are no swarms of Shariah-loving Muslim masses building bombs in basements and waiting to subvert Christianity. The “mega mosque at ground zero” is a recreation centre blocks away. The economy is recovering. The wars are ending. There are no detention camps, no massed seizure of weapons.

And the Obama that the Republicans are campaigning against does not exist: there IS no Kenyan, Muslim Communist in the White House.

Viewed in that light, Eastwood’s apparently confused, unfocused presentation wasn’t dementia or bad judgment. It was a tight, inspired theatrical monologue, deftly summarizing the state of Republican politics today, and a brilliant preview of the months to come; a rich, old white guy haranguing an invisible and nonexistent enemy before an audience of confused but adoring fools."

Location hidden

#28069 Sep 1, 2012
Words wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to agree with you again on another point, some people including you have a very short memory so let me remind you of Clint Eastwoods selling point again.
During his 10-minute remarks he said:
Mr. Obama's supporters, including Oprah Winfrey, cried with optimism in 2008, adding, "I was even crying. And ... I haven't cried that hard since I found out that there is 23 million unemployed people in this country."
"Now that is something to cry for because that is a disgrace, a national disgrace, and we haven't done enough, obviously - this administration hasn't done enough to cure that," he said.
"When somebody doesn't do the job, you gotta let `em go," Eastwood said before making a throat-slashing motion. Eastwood endorsed the notion that troops should return "tomorrow" from Afghanistan and suggested that is Romney's position.
==========
So Obama will fix it as his name is remembered and not his opponents. Same problem for GOP. They recognize it. So if you are right you have the wrong leaders in your party. They agree with me.

Location hidden

#28070 Sep 1, 2012
Thee is no way, sane or insane, to get a positive for GOP at voting booth out of Eastwood's presentation.
MistyGirl

United States

#28071 Sep 1, 2012
Justaminute wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Misty, sitting at the hospital left a lot of time on my hands and my tablet. Quite a few sites noticed that the Republicans were really closed mouth about the troops. And I watched the Mitt show and my son said that THEY certainly noticed Mitts failure to acknowledge them as well as the Misses. So if your thinking that only liberals noticed it Surprise, it's not the case.
Well since you didn't correctly reflect what my remarks stated let me help you remember o.k?

"quite a few sites", lets all take a moment to figure out which sites you are refering to? Then you said your son made a remark about not speaking about the troops well that's not really a surprise if you were talking about it yourself now is it?

My remarks ONLY addressed the liberal talking points you listed in order and verbatim which I had watched and apparently you had as well, on MSNBC. I NEVER said a word about troops but MSNBC sure did so all you've done is confirm what I stated in an early post. So I guess I will thank you for the verification.

Location hidden

#28072 Sep 1, 2012
Justaminute wrote:
Someone put together this explanation for the Eastwood/invisible Obama routine, it's interesting unless we hear it out of Eastwood's own mouth:
"...One must assume that Eastwood undertook this assignment with the brisk professionalism for which he is renowned in the industry, and that he approached it as a artist, and not, like Paul Ryan, as a cheerleader. And in that light, suddenly the “meaning” of his performance becomes perfectly clear.
The imaginary America inhabited by most of the folks attending the RNC does not exist. There are no swarms of Shariah-loving Muslim masses building bombs in basements and waiting to subvert Christianity. The “mega mosque at ground zero” is a recreation centre blocks away. The economy is recovering. The wars are ending. There are no detention camps, no massed seizure of weapons.
And the Obama that the Republicans are campaigning against does not exist: there IS no Kenyan, Muslim Communist in the White House.
Viewed in that light, Eastwood’s apparently confused, unfocused presentation wasn’t dementia or bad judgment. It was a tight, inspired theatrical monologue, deftly summarizing the state of Republican politics today, and a brilliant preview of the months to come; a rich, old white guy haranguing an invisible and nonexistent enemy before an audience of confused but adoring fools."
==========
They could have shortened that to art imitating life.
MistyGirl

United States

#28073 Sep 1, 2012
WMCOL wrote:
Thee is no way, sane or insane, to get a positive for GOP at voting booth out of Eastwood's presentation.
And yet again we find our member of the triple threat (WMCOL,Dusty,Justaliberal) talking and talking and talking about
EASTWOOD.

Well guy I hope you were at least promised a good parking spot or seating at the democratic convention!
MistyGirl

United States

#28074 Sep 1, 2012
Justaminute wrote:
Someone put together this explanation
O.K. I give up which MSNBC talking head was responsible for this explanation?
Silver7

Seminole, OK

#28075 Sep 1, 2012
I feel great looking at the election this year. Obama is a failure and will hopefully leave Washington in January.

Romney and Ryan are solid Americans planning to enable America to be great again. These last 3+ years have been so awful with a President many of us don't trust and so unsuited for the job of President.

Location hidden

#28076 Sep 1, 2012
Words wrote:
<quoted text>
Most buy a product they can afford too and this time around most know they can't afford another 4 years of Obama. That's why Obama will lose the sale, he's too expensive! LOL. And Clint telling them they have to let him go. Keep watching the polls, they're getting farther apart like DustyOutlaws hiney after a friday night football game in the locker-room, LOL.
==========
But another name to indentify with is not given, and the point of the advertising is to create ONE brand in the customers mind although they may see many on the shelf when they are ready to buy, different prices, different packaging, but they will subconsciously as I stated, pick up the brand that has the most recognition to them.

Obama was given the most shelf space and visibility, so to speak, because of Eastwood presentation. If there is a better brand it becomes less known and irrelevant and continues to occupy the little less noticeable space on shelf out of normal eye contact.

Clint put Obama as ideal height on shelf and Obama's opponent is like not even in store.
Words

Jenks, OK

#28077 Sep 1, 2012
DustyOutlaw wrote:
<quoted text>
You know to be perfectly honest I find myself wondering if you are really a human. All you do is cut and paste, say LIAR and that's your opinion. Never once have you debated or dueled with anyone over any issue. You cut and paste and you call people liars and you say "that's your opinion". You are one incredibly stupid person. Did you even finish high school?

After a review of your contribution here it has been determined that you've not posted anything but hick, hillbilly and asshat complaints with liberal bullshit.

The Topix budget doesn't include the extra truckload of kleenex that you will require to remain here as Obama inches closer to getting his ass handed to him. We may have to ask obama for a kleenex bailout crybaby.
Words

Jenks, OK

#28078 Sep 1, 2012
WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
But another name to indentify with is not given, and the point of the advertising is to create ONE brand in the customers mind although they may see many on the shelf when they are ready to buy, different prices, different packaging, but they will subconsciously as I stated, pick up the brand that has the most recognition to them.
Obama was given the most shelf space and visibility, so to speak, because of Eastwood presentation. If there is a better brand it becomes less known and irrelevant and continues to occupy the little less noticeable space on shelf out of normal eye contact.
Clint put Obama as ideal height on shelf and Obama's opponent is like not even in store.

Alright, you got me on that one. He did get the most shelf space as anyone can see and yes Romney doesn't even have one and isn't in that store.
You win that one. I still want to know how many he sells.

http://www.google.com/imgres...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clayton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
coach Gray Thu Bill Jackson 49
Breaking and entering Thu Scottdaniel 1
Pruett's Grocery in Antlers (Nov '13) Wed Gypsy 45
David Parsons Jan 18 Oklahoma 1
Gerald Bailey(Slookie} (Jan '12) Jan 16 David Ratcliff 4
Antlers City workers Jan 15 Nobody Can Eat Fi... 4
Lee Harris (Tuskahoma) Jan 11 Lyn 4

Clayton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance