The "English is the Official Language...

The "English is the Official Language of Oklahoma Act"

Created by CitizenTopix on Oct 11, 2010

3,330 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Since: Sep 12

Groningen, Netherlands

#11037 Sep 26, 2012
Silver7 wrote:
<quoted text>
America is not as it once was. This is not even the same country I. Grew up in.
So I guess we agree to disagree?
agreed
Citizen

United States

#11039 Sep 26, 2012
agree
I so want to go

United States

#11040 Sep 26, 2012
??
Jason

Leon, OK

#11041 Sep 29, 2012
It is the only language that matters
Jones

United States

#11042 Sep 30, 2012
True
Jesse

United States

#11043 Sep 30, 2012
Silver7 wrote:
<quoted text>
We do, but these days, the quality and intent of the people coming here is in question. The lovely quote doesn't deal with these new realities.
Those who started our country from the Mayflower on to our grandparents and before we legal to be here and they followed our laws and wanted to be a part of the country of America. Nowadays, we are flooded with illegals which a good percentage are not only illegals but do felony crimes against Americans plus they are illegal to be here. They use our social programs on all levels and they breed like rats so now we have the offspring of these illegals who are being taught to overthrow America by populating it's land with neo-americans. They want to change our country and we're letting them do it! The democrats don't want to offend any minority because they want the power their vote gives them couldn't care less that these people are hurting America. The republicans have suggested ways to quell them over flowing the borders but democrats yell and use legislative games to stop ICE enforcing the laws of our land. How many terrorist have simply walked across any of our borders to the south?
US census

United States

#11045 Oct 1, 2012
please give input
Report 2012

United States

#11046 Oct 2, 2012
CitizenTopix wrote:
The Oklahoma State Question 751, or the English is the Official Language of Oklahoma Act, is on the November 2, 2010 state ballot in Oklahoma as a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment.
The measure would make English the official language of the state of Oklahoma.
The ballot title that Oklahoma voters will see on the ballot reads:
This measure amends the State Constitution. It adds a new Article to the Constitution. That Article deals with the State's official actions. It dictates the language to be used in taking official State action. It requires that official State actions be in English. Native American languages could also be used.
When Federal law requires, other languages could also be used.
These language requirements apply to the State's "official actions." The term "official actions" is not defined. The legislature could pass laws determining the application of the language requirements. The Legislature would also pass laws implementing and enforcing the language requirements.
No lawsuit based on State law could be brought on the basis of a State agency's failure to use a language other than English. Nor could such a lawsuit be brought against political subdivisions of the State.
How will you vote on November 2nd?
For what cause
The Disciple

Mesa, AZ

#11049 Oct 5, 2012
yep wrote:
Topix is English only! ha ha ha ha
Would it hurt you misfits to learn about something you can't eat or drink or shoot with a gun. Learn spanish!
Might as well start with phrases like, Look at the fat gringo stuffing her face,
And, Look at that one receives government subsidies.
SayWhat

United States

#11050 Oct 6, 2012
The Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
Would it hurt you misfits to learn about something you can't eat or drink or shoot with a gun. Learn spanish!
Might as well start with phrases like, Look at the fat gringo stuffing her face,
And, Look at that one receives government subsidies.
I know all kinds of words in spanish so do my friends! You'd be impressed, really impressed.

Lets see...hmmmm

Taco
Burrito
Enchilada
Frijoles
mi llamo es "gringo"
Rio Grande
Loco
Mi casa su casa
Corona

The list just gones on and one LMFAO!

:D
The Disciple

Mesa, AZ

#11051 Oct 6, 2012
impressed....not so much.

Your vocabulary probably matches the zeros in your bank account.
jane

Leon, OK

#11053 Oct 6, 2012
SayWhat wrote:
<quoted text>
I know all kinds of words in spanish so do my friends! You'd be impressed, really impressed.
Lets see...hmmmm
Taco
Burrito
Enchilada
Frijoles
mi llamo es "gringo"
Rio Grande
Loco
Mi casa su casa
Corona
The list just gones on and one LMFAO!
the list just goes on and one......one what ?
SayWhat

United States

#11054 Oct 6, 2012
The Disciple wrote:
impressed....not so much.
Your vocabulary probably matches the zeros in your bank account.
It's not the zero's that matter as much as the number in front of the zero's.

Since you are so confused I have a small example for you!

0.00 = 0.00

$1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 ,000,000,000,000,000.00

Got that junior?

COMPRENDE?
The Disciple

Mesa, AZ

#11055 Oct 7, 2012
Your sounding like another wannabe 1 %er, pappy.
SayWhat

United States

#11056 Oct 7, 2012
The Disciple wrote:
Your sounding like another wannabe 1 %er, pappy.
Aaahhhh, come on lighten up a little taco breath you know I'm right.:D

Since: Aug 12

United States

#11057 Oct 13, 2012
Jesse wrote:
<quoted text>
Those who started our country from the Mayflower on to our grandparents and before we legal to be here and they followed our laws and wanted to be a part of the country of America. Nowadays, we are flooded with illegals which a good percentage are not only illegals but do felony crimes against Americans plus they are illegal to be here. They use our social programs on all levels and they breed like rats so now we have the offspring of these illegals who are being taught to overthrow America by populating it's land with neo-americans. They want to change our country and we're letting them do it! The democrats don't want to offend any minority because they want the power their vote gives them couldn't care less that these people are hurting America. The republicans have suggested ways to quell them over flowing the borders but democrats yell and use legislative games to stop ICE enforcing the laws of our land. How many terrorist have simply walked across any of our borders to the south?
Quoting Jeronimo, nice.
SayWhat

United States

#11058 Oct 13, 2012
estilusti wrote:
<quoted text>
Quoting Jeronimo, nice.
Geronimo?
Katmandu

United States

#11059 Oct 13, 2012
Geronimo?

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#11060 Oct 13, 2012
Silver7 wrote:
<quoted text>
America is not as it once was. This is not even the same country I. Grew up in.
So I guess we agree to disagree?
America is not the same country you grew up in because women have rights they didn't have even 40 years ago, minorities have rights they didn't have even 40 years ago. White trash men can no longer beat their wives and children and get away with it. You can't drive drunk any more an not be held accountable. You can't go out with your buddies "rolling queers', "neggerknocking" or pay an illegal a dollar an hour to mow your grass.

The "good ole days" disappeared right before your eyes eh bubba? But I really don't see what you're complaining about. You post on here all day long while you're getting paid by a company to actually be working don't you? I mean you are just as much to balem for your lazy white trailer trash racist country as anyone else huh hick?

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#11061 Oct 13, 2012
Jesse wrote:
<quoted text>
In retrospect I suspect the Native Americans might question your "legality to be here" bubba.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clayton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hines auto Antlers 3 hr observer 4
Dangerous dogs 6 hr Concerned citizen 1
Brook Dougherty 8 hr Baby 11
Brandy cardona ludlow 8 hr Interesting 4
Special board meeting 15 hr smile 24
Dalana B (Nov '12) Wed Love Dalaina B 9
Why does ex wives hate new wives or girlfriends Wed Yep 1

Clayton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance