Off road vehicles in Clayton, Ok. not ok

Posted in the Clayton Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
pappywaho

Chanute, KS

#1 Mar 16, 2011
Bad news for offroad vehicles going to Clayton for some fun on the trails. Best take your money somewhere else unless you want a Local Clayton cop taking it from you. See the pitate4x4 post: http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php... Our group had people from Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, Louisiana and Illinois and I am sure this news will travel faster than the Oklahoma fires.
Iceman

United States

#2 Mar 17, 2011
Thanks for the info. Forwarded info to all my wheeler friends. Hope it's just a case of 1 stupid cop that needs to go and not a reaction from the "I hate Texan's" cult up there. Bet all the business owners don't want this information traveling everywhere. Who was the cop? I want to write a letter to the Mayor.
smorr

United States

#3 Mar 19, 2011
Y'all need to try out the southern missouri offroad ranch. Its in Seymour mo and is badass
liveinclayton

Clayton, OK

#4 Mar 19, 2011
LOL I think it is funny the cop wrote tickets. Good for him! He may be the only one in Clayton with b---s enough to do what is right and not be afraid to enforce the law. Seems like the out of towners think they can come up here and spread a little money around and do whatever they want. Riding 4-wheelers on the back streets isn't any different than your souped up buggys. 4-wheelers aren't allowed so why should yours be? It wouldn't be fair to allow you to zip around on our streets if you aren't street legal so pay the fine and quit whinning and threatening to 'write the mayor'. If you don't like it, stay home or go somwhere else. Maybe the merchants like to see you here but the residents don't. We don't like Texans or people that think they can come up here and get away with illegal things that we can't and then threaten to write the mayor. HA HA HA Laughing At You!!!!
outta towner

United States

#5 Mar 19, 2011
Well without the offroaders, your spot in the road would be even less then it is. Im not from texas but if you want them gone then your doing it. When your schools barly stay open and people loose jobs at restaurants, gas stations, and your big dollar store you can pat yourself on the back! So if farmers ride there quad or side by side into town its ok????? But heaven forbid someone just bringing revenue into clayton be in trouble! Wow you really have shown your intelligence!
TDT

United States

#6 Mar 20, 2011
If you're from out of town and stop for gas in Clayton, watch your stuff! Someone took a wheel off my trailer and took the dust cap off. I didn't see it until we got to the farm, luckily, the other tire didn't blow or we could have had a disaster!
liveinclayton

Clayton, OK

#7 Mar 20, 2011
outta towner wrote:
Well without the offroaders, your spot in the road would be even less then it is. Im not from texas but if you want them gone then your doing it. When your schools barly stay open and people loose jobs at restaurants, gas stations, and your big dollar store you can pat yourself on the back! So if farmers ride there quad or side by side into town its ok????? But heaven forbid someone just bringing revenue into clayton be in trouble! Wow you really have shown your intelligence!
Let me see, if I can remember right, we have survived here for many, many years without the offroaders and out of towners. Please tell me why do we need them now? Our schools and our Big Dollar Store have done just fine so far, why do we NEED them now? We have had a school here probably long before you were even a thought. LOL We don't depend on the offroaders to keep us floating, never have. Anywhere you go the farmers are allowed to use the road to move their equiptment, that's not just here. Farmers's have to abide by the law as well as anyone else does. Please tell me WHY you think offroaders and out of towners are so special that they can break the law and get away with it when people that live here can't? Use YOUR intelligence. When you pull your head out, wait for the 'pop' before you are too quick to comment.
liveinclayton

Clayton, OK

#8 Mar 20, 2011
BTW outta towner, since you are so supportive in helping our little spot in the road with our(sinking) schools and big dollar store...when someone get tickets and has to pay a fine, think of it as helping out our city hall! They need your help too. If you don't break the law, you won't have to pay, simple as that. Why does it have to be complicated and someone has to ask for favors? If you look at it as spending money to get favors then stay away. We live here because it IS quiet and peaceful. We would move to a bigger town if we wanted to hear engine noise & racket and have to look at unfriendly people. I will let the mayor know he can be expecting a letter AND I will let the cop know he is doing a great job. He likes it when he stirs dandruff up. At least he is doing what he gets paid to do ;D
Iceman

United States

#9 Mar 20, 2011
The town was sure receptive to the big donation to the library from the DFW club a few years back. You are either the business killing cop or a complete moron. I doubt the Chamber of Commerce approves of your rant.
liveinclayton

Clayton, OK

#10 Mar 20, 2011
Iceman wrote:
The town was sure receptive to the big donation to the library from the DFW club a few years back. You are either the business killing cop or a complete moron. I doubt the Chamber of Commerce approves of your rant.
What was the motive when you made your donation? Was it so you could blast into town and take over, do what you please? You didn't give it from your heart. Big difference. What library wouldn't be glad to get a donation? Ask yourself, who DOES benefit from your spending here? A couple of businesses? That is about all that is here is a couple. What does the residents get from you being here? Not a blasted thing. You come into town, put your banners across mainstreet...big deal, so what? Like we have never seen a jeep before? How stupid is that? Its like, hey, look at us!!! I don't give a flip how much you do spend. The whole point is either act like a citizen here, mind the law and stop complaining or stay away. When you are in Clayton, you are a visitor...this is OUR house, act accordingly instead of crying I will send a letter to the mayor to get what I want. Big Crybabies!
liveinclayton

Clayton, OK

#11 Mar 20, 2011
Iceman wrote:
I have an idea for you Iceman. Print these comments off and BRING them to the Chamber meeting, face to face. Look them in the eye and see who they agree with? Come on now...don't hold back. If you will, I will be there as well.
liveinclayton

Clayton, OK

#12 Mar 20, 2011
Iceman wrote:
Do you think the Chamber approves of YOUR rant? Residents here can't ride 4-wheelers on the back streets to get to the mountain. We live here and spend money here all year long. What makes you think you can come here, spend a little money and drive your rigs on the back streets and get away with it when we can't? I guess I just don't get it. You think you can make a 'donation' to the library and get away with something everyone else can't? Sounds like you are shooting for a payoff to me. The library is a gathering place for little old ladys to meet and do their quilting. I am sure you made their day. Come to the meetings at city hall and ask the residents what they think. Be sure to announce it so everyone can be there. I would love to see this!
liveinclayton

Clayton, OK

#13 Mar 20, 2011
Iceman wrote:
Also, listen to you, calling me names and you don't even know me. FYI, I am not a business killing cop or a moron. As you probably already know this but the only thing that came from Texas is steers and queers. You don't sound much like a steer to me... Remember, you started the name calling.
wildman

Clayton, OK

#14 Mar 20, 2011
ok, come on you two! i have been reading this, trying to stay seroius. I don't blame you iceman, clayton is a very nice place and with Texas getting pretty crowded, oh wait

here I sat, cheeks a-flexin
givin birth to another texan

theres you another one iceman
inmyhumbleopinio n

Clayton, OK

#15 Mar 21, 2011
I ended up on this site by accident, after reading the posts here, I can see where the dfw club does seem to expect favors after donating some money to the town library and claiming to keep the businesses and school a float. Thats just not right. Watch them, next they will be trying to get our water.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#16 Mar 22, 2011
Residents here frequently ride 4 wheelers on the city streets. I personally know the president of the chamber of commerce and they are planning a big celebration memorial weekend in appreciation of the off-roaders and the good they have done for our community. Please ignore the trolls in this thread. Not all Clayton feels the way they do. Like any community, we have our share of idiots, and I hope they get lost and don't find their way back to our village. For the record, I'm not some johnny-come-lately, my family has been here since the early 1800's, before there even was a Clayton.
Scott

United States

#17 Mar 27, 2011
I think that Clayton is an awesome place to wheel. The mayor told me about the Big Memorial Bash they are doing. I know that there were 4 tickets issued for almost a grand. The biggest concern of the wheelers is not so much as them giving the tickets out, but if the status of us driving to and from the trail head has changed and we need to trailer our rigs then fine. At least let us know before you hand out a huge set of tickets like that.
I am still wanting the Mayor to call me.
Claytonman

Boynton, OK

#18 Mar 27, 2011
It's not just Texas there are other states involved so to all ya'll. Your doing nothing but rape to the land the damage your doing to the land is irreversable more than anything you have spent or donated to our little place on earth, that has been here for almost as long as Oklahoma has been a state, Im sure when you leave we will still be here.
I've herd it said over and over from Texans, Oklahoma aint nothing but trash land so lets go and trash it. Stay in your own State and trash it.
Here is a story of one of your pet cops. I was in town one day when you law abiding people were in town too. The cop had someone that lives in Clayton pulled over for not comming to a full stop at a stop sign in front of Craigs.They were pulled over in front of Craigs in the empty lot when the cop got out of his car a jeeper went around another jeeper he was following hootin and hollerin in a no passing zone in town speeding the cop just waved and smiled.
Thats the way most of the jeepers act in our town like were bought and paid for.Last I looked im not a whore and I don't have a pimp our mayor may have a pimp thats not for me to decide alone thats for the town to decide and will at next election. AS for the cop that wrote the Tickets he is the most honest cop that I can see that Clayton has had in years and should get a ataboy for doing what he gets paid for. Thank you Officer for doing your job. If I break the law give me a ticket if an outoftowner breaks the law give him a ticket.
Scott

United States

#19 Mar 28, 2011
Well if keepers act like that then given them a ticket. What you are saying the Jeeper did is not acceptable and he deserves a ticket. I am talking about keepers that drive through town peacefully and normal that do not have a perfectly street legal ride.
Now as for going trash Ok I do not think so. What we carry in we carry out and if I notice trash there I pick it up. There are some that trash. So I am sure that you have people that trash thier own place also. You will always have those people. Just have to deal with them as they come up.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#20 Mar 28, 2011
Raping the land? The logging companies have done a pretty good job of doing that already. The 4 wheel drive community as a whole are very aware of the potential damage they might cause. They do a far better job of policing themselves than most of or residents here in Clayton. Give it a rest. You're unhappy with life, we get that. Stop trying to spread your misery.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clayton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What a shock, Dodds house burnt 11 hr Crazy itch 4
need directions to jb watts house 15 hr comingtovisit 3
This rightwing idiot is trying to say.... (Sep '09) Fri Free Thinker 69
who are the mechanics in town ? Fri wildchild72 1
Congrats President Clinton Fri LockHerUp 2
I found a fox news watch party (Dec '14) Thu Rosie 6
iam back LOL IAM BACK LOL IAM BACK JUST 4 YOU M... Thu 619OVER THE TOP 1

Clayton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance