Dow Jones, December 7, 2012 - 13,155
I guess that's the new GOP math.
when Obama was inaugurated in 2009 the DOW was at 7949

Since: Aug 12

United States

#14873 Dec 7, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
First cut should be those farm subsidies, don't you think?
It's really no skin off my nose...... Really
Duke for Mayor

Uniontown, OH

#14874 Dec 7, 2012
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>when Obama was inaugurated in 2009 the DOW was at 7949
aaaaahhhhhhhh..

The Good ol days.

woof

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#14876 Dec 7, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
First cut should be those farm subsidies, don't you think?
they should be eliminated, instead subsidizing dead wood which is no different than welfare for work.

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#14877 Dec 7, 2012
Save Yourself wrote:
Tea Baggers crying about unemployment=VOID
Unemployment under Reagan 7.5
Current unemployment 7.8
Unemployment under Bush: 5.3 average over eight years with a low of 4.4 in October, 2006.
http://www.bls.gov/opub/ted/2006/nov/wk1/art0...
http://www.truthfulpolitics.com/http:/truthfu...
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#14878 Dec 7, 2012
Cousin DuPrees Cousin wrote:
<quoted text>
Our tax increase will be rectified after the first of the year, yours included, but top two percent will not. Seems the way to go, since Republicans will not acknowledge just how badly they got their asses whooped.
Inadvertantly, you have given PROOF that Liberals are extremely divisive. Senators are elected to represent their states, congressman/women are elected by their constituents in there districts & Presidents are elected to represent THEIR country, NOT just liberals, NOT just conservatives, NOT just Independents, NOT just Wiccans, NOT just Atheists, NOT even just voters, NOT ANY particular group, but ALL of us 330,000,000 citizens. ALL is the key word. It isn't just US or THEM. To do otherwise by the president is devisive, plain & simple.
There is NO other explanation. NO other definition.
Obama & todays Liberals are self serving with NO consideration for other opinions, well being, experiences, interest, concerns,the constitution, beliefs, goals, feelings, economics, religions etc.
THIS president & Liberals in general have established class/political/sexist/politic al divisions.
NO ONE can honestly or objectively argue that. NOT just in my mind but by any honestly objective person.
Duke for Mayor

Uniontown, OH

#14879 Dec 7, 2012
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>Inadvertantly, you have given PROOF that Liberals are extremely divisive. Senators are elected to represent their states, congressman/women are elected by their constituents in there districts & Presidents are elected to represent THEIR country, NOT just liberals, NOT just conservatives, NOT just Independents, NOT just Wiccans, NOT just Atheists, NOT even just voters, NOT ANY particular group, but ALL of us 330,000,000 citizens. ALL is the key word. It isn't just US or THEM. To do otherwise by the president is devisive, plain & simple.
There is NO other explanation. NO other definition.
Obama & todays Liberals are self serving with NO consideration for other opinions, well being, experiences, interest, concerns,the constitution, beliefs, goals, feelings, economics, religions etc.
THIS president & Liberals in general have established class/political/sexist/politic al divisions.
NO ONE can honestly or objectively argue that. NOT just in my mind but by any honestly objective person.
Pops, I would argue that Mr. Obama acts as one who promotes policies of inclusion, not exclusion and division.

The problem is, there are a whole bunch of folks out there who pine for the days of yore, when exclusion and division were the only game in town, and if certain people wished to be included, they had to find the "right" kind of town.

woof
Save Yourself

Canton, OH

#14880 Dec 7, 2012
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>Unemployment under Bush: 5.3 average over eight years with a low of 4.4 in October, 2006.
http://www.bls.gov/opub/ted/2006/nov/wk1/art0...
http://www.truthfulpolitics.com/http:/truthfu...
And yet he is still despised by an overwhelming amount of Americans to this day. Amazing what an unfounded and unpaid for war can do for the economy.

Hilliard, OH

#14881 Dec 7, 2012
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Pops, I would argue that Mr. Obama acts as one who promotes policies of inclusion, not exclusion and division.
The problem is, there are a whole bunch of folks out there who pine for the days of yore, when exclusion and division were the only game in town, and if certain people wished to be included, they had to find the "right" kind of town.
woof
Obama's comments regarding the Cambridge police in 2009 and the Trayvon Martin case earlier this year are anything but inclusive. Ditto his treatment of the Catholic Church over the contraceptive mandate. His selection and subsequent support for Eric Holder as AG also indicates a distinct tone deafness on racial matters.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#14882 Dec 7, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Next to Pops, you are the most misinformed person on this board. I wonder why that is.
Thanx for the dishonorable mention. Coming from you it is honorable. Thanx again.

Hilliard, OH

#14883 Dec 7, 2012
Save Yourself wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet he is still despised by an overwhelming amount of Americans to this day. Amazing what an unfounded and unpaid for war can do for the economy.
You presume a great deal. At least 49% of Americans would gladly take Bush back.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#14884 Dec 7, 2012
<quoted text>Obama's comments regarding the Cambridge police in 2009 and the Trayvon Martin case earlier this year are anything but inclusive. Ditto his treatment of the Catholic Church over the contraceptive mandate. His selection and subsequent support for Eric Holder as AG also indicates a distinct tone deafness on racial matters.
And let's not forget (welcome to the discussion BTW Victor) his multiple attacks on people who smoke cigarettes. First it was a huge sin tax, then he stopped American Indians from selling cigarettes via US mail, and finally taxed roll-your-own smoke shops right out of business. Anybody who uses tobacco products and voted for this creep needs to have their heads examined.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#14885 Dec 7, 2012
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
woof
YOU would contend such because of your non-tolerant bent.
Let me put it this way, IF 60% of the people want apple trees & 40% of the people want orange trees, the person (president) elected to represent the 100% should try to see that the 60% & the 40% get much of what they want. NOT that the 60% get ALL that they want!
By popular vote, the president is COMPELLED to compromise for ALL of his/her NATIONAL constituents. NOT just their initial/primary/major supporters.
Lets say that the vote for pres was 53%-47%, the pres still represents ALL of the 100%!! The final decisions may be 70-30 or 30-70 or anywhere in between but it is NOT one way or the highway as the current admin & Liberals operate. Plain & simple.
That is why so many open minded, considerate others, including non-partisans/independents like myself, think that blinder on Liberals like you are intolerant & divisive, because you are.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#14886 Dec 7, 2012
Save Yourself wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, I guess if you go back to the times when we were living in caves, my comment about unemployment dropping would be a lie. Luckily those that voted for our current president made it out of the cave. Pardon me for not going with what a fruit cake hiding under his bed with an assault rifle says over the news I just read.
Please. How many web sites should I post of scientists who believe GW is nonsense and manmade GW has little or nothing to do with activities? The web is loaded with sites like that.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#14887 Dec 7, 2012
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>YOU would contend such because of your non-tolerant bent.
Let me put it this way, IF 60% of the people want apple trees & 40% of the people want orange trees, the person (president) elected to represent the 100% should try to see that the 60% & the 40% get much of what they want. NOT that the 60% get ALL that they want!
By popular vote, the president is COMPELLED to compromise for ALL of his/her NATIONAL constituents. NOT just their initial/primary/major supporters.
Lets say that the vote for pres was 53%-47%, the pres still represents ALL of the 100%!!
Not this guy.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#14888 Dec 7, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
Just looked at the front page of FoxNews.com .
Not a single mention of the jobs numbers released today. But Leann Rhimes might maybe could be addicted to laxatives.
#thatexplainseverything.
Nah, maybe this explains everything:

73% of New Jobs Created in Last 5 Months Are in Government
By Terence P. Jeffrey
December 7, 2012

" CNSNews.com )- Seventy-three percent of the new civilian jobs created in the United States over the last five months are in government, according to official data published by the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

In June, a total of 142,415,000 people were employed in the U.S, according to the BLS, including 19,938,000 who were employed by federal, state and local governments.

By November, according to data BLS released today, the total number of people employed had climbed to 143,262,000, an overall increase of 847,000 in the six months since June."

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/73-new-jobs-c...

Hilliard, OH

#14889 Dec 7, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
And let's not forget (welcome to the discussion BTW Victor) his multiple attacks on people who smoke cigarettes. First it was a huge sin tax, then he stopped American Indians from selling cigarettes via US mail, and finally taxed roll-your-own smoke shops right out of business. Anybody who uses tobacco products and voted for this creep needs to have their heads examined.
Many of the tobacco users voted to keep their food stamps, Section 8 housing and Obamaphones. They look at their increased cigarette prices as collateral damage. And the fact is, many of them buy their smokes out of the trunk of some thug's car.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#14890 Dec 7, 2012
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
woof
With AL sincerity let me ask, after the passing of Obama care/Affordable Health Care in '09; why did Obama say that the "Repubs could sit in the back"...of the bus? OR with the Harvard proff/police issue he QUICKLY went on the record to say that the police messed up while the investigation had only STARTED? Why did he QUICKLY go in front of camera & microphone to say that IF he had had a son, he would have looked like Trayvon Martin, AGAIN when the investigation of events had just started? WHY did he campaign ONLY as a BLACK man & NOT an African-American, Black American or bi-racial? WHY did he at one time advocate a "Afro-American" group for re-election? WHY did he profess a 'pay their fair share" against the top 2% which already pay the VAST majority of ALL tax income & NEVER define the term 'fair share'?
I am NOT understanding of your..."promotes policies of inclusion..."statement in any way, shape or form.
I do NOT "pine for days of yore" myself because I accept evolution of many kinds including species, government, law & more but Obama is one of the most self serving biased presidents that this country has ever been subjected to, at least in the last 100 yrs IF not ever. His record gives mounds of evidence to this.
I am a self interested history buff & MY history goes back to Kennedy/Nixon.
Take note that biased in NOT the same as bigoted. But he is extremely biased & intolerant!! His History is proof.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#14891 Dec 7, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a big part of your problem. It wasn't speculation. It was reasoned analysis of hard data. You still deny that with mathematics and science people can look at information and accurately predict a result. Your refusal to accept that is either ignorance or insanity.
Smart people can also look at the impircal data about tax increases and decreases and know that the GOP position never has worked, ever. One can also see that a country cannot wage two wars and simultaneously cut taxes and not grow massive debt. The only way out of that is to increase the country's revenue and reduce the country's spending.
Exactly, which is what the Republicans offered to do. DumBama will have nothing to do with it. Instead, he wants his tax increases now and work on cuts sometime late next year--as if that will really happen.

DumBama can't be trusted. He's the most lying President of our time. If he wants tax increases now, that's fine by the Republicans. But we want spending cuts now as well. Nobody is going to sell the Republicans a bridge.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#14892 Dec 7, 2012
<quoted text>Many of the tobacco users voted to keep their food stamps, Section 8 housing and Obamaphones. They look at their increased cigarette prices as collateral damage. And the fact is, many of them buy their smokes out of the trunk of some thug's car.
Exactly. We smokers fall into two categories: lower class and middle-class. I read an article out of NY where what you say is actually happening. Underground cigarettes are being sold thus increasing the theft of the product. Like drugs, the higher the value, the more likely violence might take place to get it.

I'm drifting off, but the point is that DumBama has two categories of citizens: people he likes, and people he hates. The last thing anybody can say about DumBama is that he's an inclusive President.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clayton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Phillipsburg Music Thread Dec 14 Musikologist 2
There are no babes at the Dinglewood Library (Mar '11) Nov 21 Leon Harrison 13
"Let us save our fake feigned outrage" Nov 21 Leon Harrison 2
"Local literary fame is a pain" Nov 21 Leon Harrison 1
Derrick Lawrence Nov '14 Bahaa 1
Englewood Independent, best newspaper! (Jul '11) Oct '14 Fan of Leon The Man 13
question Oct '14 someone 1
Clayton Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web