Pemberton Twp. teenager dies after be...

Pemberton Twp. teenager dies after being punched by another teen

There are 25 comments on the PhillyBurbs.com story from Nov 16, 2009, titled Pemberton Twp. teenager dies after being punched by another teen. In it, PhillyBurbs.com reports that:

PEMBERTON TOWNSHIP a ' A 15-year-old boy from the township died Saturday after being punched by another teenager in the parking lot of a Pemberton-Browns Mills shopping center.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at PhillyBurbs.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
some kid who knew him

Lambertville, NJ

#1 Nov 16, 2009
alot of ppl have left comments about this but alot lot of you ppl think ur perfect ur not yeah he did screw up here and there but i went out wit one of his friends and when we had hard time and shit and the day we broke up i turned to him and he was there to tell me weveything was going to be ok
he was one of the nicest ppl i knew and now hes gone to something that was as dumb as this like what the fuck like come on all you ppl who think ur cool cuz yoiur in gangs and shit it just a damn tittle and shit like its not cool. ppl in this world think there cool bec they fight to me it stupid as hell look what happend in some dumb ass cases some people like me lose best friends and they kleave behind family .

RESTY IN PEACE .. I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU
AND BEST WISHES TO HIS FAMILY
so sad

Willingboro, NJ

#2 Nov 16, 2009
I am so sorry for the boys family! What a terrible tragedy. Thoughts and prayers for them. I hope that this will open some eyes and maybe we can find a way to stop any more violence happening in our community and from robbing us of our precious children!
mom saddened by news

Martinsburg, WV

#3 Nov 16, 2009
These kids went to the same HS as my daughter. It seems to me two childrens lives were lost in this horrific event. Somehow we need to be able to reach these teens, Im at a loss how we start at this point - how very sad for both families - how excrutiatingly painful for the family of the young man who died. How frightening for the family of the young man whose fate is now in the hands of the system. My heart goes out to all of you - regardless of the details, these were two young kids, who had so much life to live. We as a society need to band together, and find a way to give our youngsters hope in their future - hope has a way of reducing the poor decisions we make.
a mom

Browns Mills, NJ

#4 Nov 17, 2009
Where was Pemberton's finest when this happened? They are all over that shopping center harrassing the kids for riding their bikes up there, when there is nowhere supplied for kids to go in this town. And yet, when something important happens they are nowhere. I am sad and angered by this. My son was friends with him also and my heart goes out to his family. This should never have happened. Now the tough guy gets to live with it for the rest of his life...
Angel

Newark, NJ

#5 Nov 17, 2009
When are people going to realize that "Pemberton's finest" don't care that some of their citizens are killing or hurting eachother...The bigger question should be when are people going to learn to stop feeding into the stereotype ... I had one of Pemberton's finest tell my husband who pulled up in front of the dry cleaners in the new Acme shopping center NOT to leave his car in front running even tho I was sitting in there because this town is filled with a "bunch of animals" who will steal your eyes out of your head if they could"...so, again...when are people going to stop feeding into the stereotype? He didn't say anything about him parking illegally...

I am sure that some of Pemberton's finest, along with many of the residents of Browns Mills are probably sitting back saying... "see what I mean"...

That's what pisses me off! Learn people!

My prayers go out to this young man's family.
kimber

Somerdale, NJ

#6 Nov 17, 2009
I'm very annoyed with the sorry ass town that I live in! 15 year old dies and the partents hold a candle lite..maybe 50 people if that, there is something wrong with these parents you all satyed home because it's not your son or you dont know him! that is sad where I come from everyone in the neighborhood would have been there even if you didnt know him! Wake up people these are OUR kids!
we loove you

Mount Laurel, NJ

#7 Nov 17, 2009
laron brown ; we all miss & love you so much. you the nicest boy ever. you always made people laugh & if we were ever down or upset you would make everything better ! we all miss & loove yoou so much !
your in our prayers !
ilooveyoou !
Deja

Vineland, NJ

#8 Nov 17, 2009
laron was great and too young too goo ..! he was loved by many including me and my family . we lovee yhu and miss you laron ..!
R.I.P LARON BROWN
a mom

Browns Mills, NJ

#9 Nov 17, 2009
Kimber: I wasn't there because I only heard about this from my son yesterday. So I am sure there are others who also didn't know about it. I work all weekend and don't know many people around here. I am so shocked and saddened by this. Had to go up there today, couldn't not think about it. Just found myself wondering why there wasn't one adult at that shopping center to try and stop it.
a bcit student

Mount Holly, NJ

#10 Nov 18, 2009
ive heard about this and it sickens me that someone would do this many of us pemberton kids in bcit are baffled
R.I.P LARON BROWN
trina

Palmyra, PA

#11 Nov 18, 2009
I really can't believe this 18 year old did this to a innocent 15 yr old. Plus this dude has two kids at 18? Wheres his mother and father????What kinda parent cud he possibly be himself. I dont feel bad for him at all> To Larons family I send my condolences . This craziness has to stop. Another question why didnt any of the kids there stop that jackass< Im sorry but I hope he getshis ass whooped in jail. WHY THE HELL IS IS BAIL SO LOW!!!
Lady

Hackettstown, NJ

#12 Nov 19, 2009
Why do people always, without fail divert their attention when something horrible happens to find a scapegoat? The reality is a young man died,another's life is forever changed, two families who will never be the same, why blame PEMBERTONS FINEST? The police do what they can..Sometimes they can't prevent things, but I am sure that if they had advanced warning that these two boys would end up in this situation, they WOULD have prevented it! What is wrong with you? I bet the first person you call in an emergency IS the police, I happen to know quite a few members of PEMBERTONS FINEST, they are ALL hard working dedicated individuals who do not deserve the kind of S**T that you are portraying them to be..Get a grip, and pray, that when you Need them, they will come, because they always do, So Angel, keep your ass in Cranbury.
a person who cares

Browns Mills, NJ

#13 Nov 19, 2009
There are pepole in this world that need to be lock up and throw the dam key away. and this is one of those times .This all over the 15 yr old not wanting to be in a gang. I am very upset I have 3 kids of my own and I just ask my oldest after come from his viewing if she now relizes why I act the way I do . Its just to portect my kids.Ths town is a joke and the way the gangs are . you just can't walk out your door whitout something going wrong.Laron was a great kids and didn't need to die at this age .He will be miss and love forever..
Mom 2 be

Browns Mills, NJ

#14 Nov 20, 2009
look lady i dont know who is pembertons finest cuz to me they are deticated to sitting at the wawa and drinking coffee taking a hour to respond and doing things you have no idea what they have been involved in why dont you take a nice ride up to the budget lodge and see what is up with pembertons finest i wont go into detail there but they aint the finest hunny not even close now the ones who all retired they were the best pemberton had they were deticated to there job and they gave there heart and soul into it but now nope sorry i dont know who you think they are but as far as im concerned what they have done to my family and friends they aint nope sorry cant change my mind about that maybe some of the gurlz that are on the force but no about the guys...
So Sad

Clementon, NJ

#15 Nov 21, 2009
@ Lady, Not sure that you realize the towns that are listed below our names are from the town that our ISP is listed, not where we are actually from. The remark that you made to Angel regarding her to stay in Cranbury was a bit off, especially since yours states Trenton.

@ Kimber, I too did not know about the candlelight vigil until I read the story in the paper after the fact. The way gossip spreads so quickly in this town, you would think that people would have gotten the word out so we all could have came, it just didn't happen.

My understanding is that we lost two children that night. One due to a horrific accident and one due to causing it. I say accident because in my heart of hearts, I truly do not believe the older child meant to kill the younger one. Did he fight him, yes, did he really mean to kill him, no. But that is my opinion, everyone has the right to have one.

I wanted to make another comment to Lady regarding "Pemberton's finest". Because you familiarize yourself with them, you don't want to see the "bad" in one of your friends. I wouldn't either. But I agree with the majority of the comments regarding the whereabouts of them on that night. I have seen these officers parked their cars in that parking lot many, many times. I am not sure why it would take so long for them to arrive when they are usually there, the Wawa by the old Budget Lodge, or more than likely at the Wawa in Country Lakes. If they were not at either of these three places, they all must have been pulling over people, you know they can't pull over someone without at least 2 cars there. Do I think their job is dangerous, yes, but that is what they signed on to do. "Serve and protect". Where were these officers that night? According to the stories, there were multiple fights that night, they missed all of them? C'mon, be realistic here. They were at Wawa in Country Lakes sitting side-by-side in the side parking lot sipping coffee, as usual.

My heart goes out to both children's friends and family. Laron Brown, RIP.
Mom 2 be

Browns Mills, NJ

#16 Nov 21, 2009
i agree so sad i have seen alot of bad in them i have witnessed alot of corruption in them in front of my face i wasnt looking for it sorry that is just the way i feel about them...Its such a shame that they dont have better mentoring programs in the community have we forgotten our youth..Why dont we have a y here or some kind of brother sister program here they know there is alot of gang activity what is there for the kids but gangs drugs and maybe sports but what is there for kids who arent good at sports like skateboarding or something to grab there attention we need better support for these kids Im sorry to both families my deepest smpathies but how many kids do we have to lose before someone does something about it the system is failing them and they arent helping them..
Angel

Concord, NC

#17 Nov 21, 2009
a mom wrote:
Where was Pemberton's finest when this happened? They are all over that shopping center harrassing the kids for riding their bikes up there, when there is nowhere supplied for kids to go in this town. And yet, when something important happens they are nowhere. I am sad and angered by this. My son was friends with him also and my heart goes out to his family. This should never have happened. Now the tough guy gets to live with it for the rest of his life...
You expect Pemberton's "finest" to be clairvoyant?
Lady

Hackettstown, NJ

#18 Nov 23, 2009
Your right readers, I did not realize about the isp addresses...My apology to Angel, whom I thought was from out of town...That being said...I still feel that my statements were a true reflection of how I feel,,Two families forever changed in a situation that that couldn't have been forseen by anyone..All I wanted to convey was give the Cops a break, they have a Dangerous and thankless job, And prayers and Love to the families involved.
A Saddened Teen

Clementon, NJ

#19 Nov 25, 2009
This situation is just sickening to me. This boy, this high school boy is gone. He's never going to be able to finish high school, go to college, get married, have children. I cannot stop shedding tears...I was not acquainted with him because I no longer live in Browns Mills, but I am familiar with who he is, because I've seen him around the neighborhood he lived in. I went to his viewing last week and when I tell you it opened my eyes, it opened my eyes a great deal. Teen violence is getting worse and worse by the day. This has to stop! Innocent kids are being killed over nonsense! Its not fair. Parents shouldn't have to lose their kids that way! They shouldn't!
Mare

Broomall, PA

#20 Nov 3, 2010
a person who cares wrote:
There are pepole in this world that need to be lock up and throw the dam key away. and this is one of those times .This all over the 15 yr old not wanting to be in a gang. I am very upset I have 3 kids of my own and I just ask my oldest after come from his viewing if she now relizes why I act the way I do . Its just to portect my kids.Ths town is a joke and the way the gangs are . you just can't walk out your door whitout something going wrong.Laron was a great kids and didn't need to die at this age .He will be miss and love forever..
After reading several of the preceeding I wonder why you young people don't stay in school and finish your educations. Not being able to spell or use any punctuation seems to be the norm. SO SAD. Ofcourse it is tragic whenever a young person dies but what are you kids doing to save lives. Ever stay home and read or heaven forbid work on your education? How dull. Not the thought but the minds!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clayton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man pleads guilty to stealing $600K in fake tex... Jun 29 andimacdonald 1
Review: Buzz SAW Tree Service Jun 29 Frank McKee 2
News 102 Caught Allegedly Trying to Buy Heroin (May '06) Jun 24 fresh2172 97
all of Forrest hills is out of power Jun 23 nick 1
Staeling IP Addreses Patricia Hernandez (Oct '14) Jun 23 Heather Garson 4
Is Sicklerville a dangerous and nasty town? (Mar '08) Jun 16 Crack Kills 90
News $70 bottle of Hennessy snagged by still-sought ... Jun 16 Crack Kills 1
More from around the web

Clayton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE