Drug charges and non-prosecution

Drug charges and non-prosecution

Posted in the Clayton Forum

Not understanding

Catheys Valley, CA

#1 Jan 3, 2008
Scenario: Woman arrested in September '06, along with her brother; both charged with possession of crack-cocaine and paraphernalia. The brother pled guilty, served jail time, and now has a felony on his record (rightly so). The sister's charges later dismissed.

Same woman, different man, one year later, in September '07: both arrested and charged with possession of crack-cocaine, paraphernalia, and receiving stolen property. Man pleads guilty and is serving jail time. Woman's charges subsequently dismissed.

Can anyone explain to me why she was allowed to walk free after now TWO drug charges? The police did their job by arresting her, but that's where any form of punishment ended. Not only did the taxpayers pay for the prosecutor to not prosecute, we paid for the public defender, for the court staff to open the file on this woman, and the judge on the bench - and all to let her go? Our taxes hard at work? Doesn't sound like it. Shouldn't they prosecute her, make her attend rehab, something, other than dismiss all charges and set her free, free to remain a boil on the butt of humanity by staying a white trash crack whore (I can say this because I know thsi woman quite well)? I think I'd rather see my tax dollars pay for a prosecution and for mandatory rehab so she can get clean and become less of a burden on society by actually getting a job. This same woman spent 90 days in jail five+ years ago, same county, for "disorderly conduct" - fighting. Yet here she is set free without any penalties twice for drugs.
Please help me understand.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clayton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What do locals think of Grey Bros. (Sep '15) Aug 27 Cole 4
Kim Gray Age 44 Nail Tech?? (Apr '10) Jul '16 Suspicious 5
Beware of men who work for sherrils drywall Jul '16 Absolute truth 1
sparkling canvas opening night/weekend Jun '16 Sparkling Canvas 1
toa Jun '16 courious 3
help Apr '16 help 1
News Injured man found in a ditch along I-70 (Feb '13) Feb '13 kz kraze 1

Clayton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance