Students hold sit-in at school gym af...

Students hold sit-in at school gym after 6 suspended for senior prank

There are 1 comment on the FOX59.com story from May 16, 2012, titled Students hold sit-in at school gym after 6 suspended for senior prank. In it, FOX59.com reports that:

Students told Fox59 News that several students and parents were holding a sit-in the school's gym after the seniors were suspended for decorating the school with thousands of colorful Post-It Notes.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at FOX59.com.

Parent of Delphi Senior

West Lafayette, IN

#1 May 16, 2012
May 16, 2012

Superintendent Patrick Spray
Mill Creek Community School Corporation

Dear Superintendent Spray:

I just read an article concerning the senior prank at the Cascade High School and am compelled to write expressing absolute astonishment and disappointment that the Mill Creek Community School Corporation is punishing their graduates for having some harmless fun. It is well known that seniors across the country engage in pranks as a right of passage. It seems that the prank chosen by Cascadeís seniors is artistic, clever and all in good fun. There are many seniors who choose a much more destructive avenue which you seem to fail to appreciate.

Your decision to suspend these students is poorly advised and reflects more on your bad judgment than the students involved. They were provided access by a janitor, who, Iím guessing, assumed the students had permission since they carried a key to the building. They were accompanied and monitored by that janitor. For you to threaten termination of the janitor is unbelievable. Perhaps the person providing the key should also be removed from their duties?

I think maybe you should be relieved of your responsibilities as punishment for failing to have any sense of humor, failing to have good fun and failing to allow Cascade High School seniors to participate in a harmless prank.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clayton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fifty years of friendship (Jun '07) 16 hr Thelma Lou 2
News When The KKK Was Mainstream (Mar '15) 18 hr C Kersey 35
Diane Draper Dec 21 Sam I Am 1
Nicepak (Dec '14) Nov '17 Wrg 3
beauty school Oct '17 Samantha 1
will the irs look at taxes next Sep '17 will irs look at ... 1
Megan ray Sep '17 Jeff 1

Clayton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance