Weather Blog - Georgia Drought Update

Weather Blog - Georgia Drought Update

There are 8 comments on the WXIA Atlanta story from Jan 24, 2008, titled Weather Blog - Georgia Drought Update. In it, WXIA Atlanta reports that:

Here is the latest news release from the state climatologist David Stooksbury: Athens, Ga.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WXIA Atlanta.

Chase

Duluth, GA

#1 Jan 25, 2008
I am so sick and tired of hearing about this drought and the current lake levels.I tried to limit my water usage last year. I cut back on watering my grass, and eventually stoped when advised to. I even limited washing my car. I do not care anymore. Spring is coming and I will be watering my grass, and washing my car, and dare any one to come in my yard and shut off my water.
The American

Carnesville, GA

#2 Jan 25, 2008
I was trying to coserve water until I saw the local police washing his police car. I figure if he could waste water. I could to.
Neil

Dawsonville, GA

#3 Jan 30, 2008
Chase wrote:
I am so sick and tired of hearing about this drought and the current lake levels.I tried to limit my water usage last year. I cut back on watering my grass, and eventually stoped when advised to. I even limited washing my car. I do not care anymore. Spring is coming and I will be watering my grass, and washing my car, and dare any one to come in my yard and shut off my water.
That's a great attitude. Close your eyes, put your head in the sand, and pretend the problem doesn't exist. That will make it all better, right?
Neil

Dawsonville, GA

#4 Jan 30, 2008
The American wrote:
I was trying to coserve water until I saw the local police washing his police car. I figure if he could waste water. I could to.
Another mature attitude. Ever hear the old saying "two wrongs don't make a right"?
Robert

Mcdonough, GA

#5 Feb 17, 2008
You go Neil!!
Greg

United States

#6 Feb 17, 2008
It really doesn't make a damn who we elect, if it decides not to rain, it's not going to rain.

I shut off the sprinklers last year and I lost my sod. But, not wanting to tic off the populace, I abided by the rules. This spring, I'm taking action to install barrels to capture rooftop run-off, and I can water-at-will with my collection.

Instead of getting pizzed off, take action and do something, one way or the other, but please STFU if you're stuck in idle.
The American

Linesville, PA

#7 Feb 22, 2008
Neil wrote:
<quoted text>
Another mature attitude. Ever hear the old saying "two wrongs don't make a right"?
Yes but somebody working for the police department. Ought to be setting and example. They aree suppose to be hero's to the community.
ivorybill66

Temperance, MI

#8 Mar 2, 2008
Hello from michigan,
Everyones talking about georgias plight up here. Seems theres a water engineering plan being installed, all over the north east. Some of this program involves restoring wetlands across the country. This is going to cause severe water problems for many states. It involves taking water from one area, to inhance another.
It seems to me we should just protect the area that already has the water standing, and not where everyone would like it to be. If you live in gerogia start looking around, where are your wetlands? Big or small. Where are your streams? Big or small. Protect your water supply, pay attention to areas being turned into asphalt or companys that are taking ground water.
Its not just the home owners responsibility. Write letters to your govenor, send him photos of any type of company or public building that is wasting water. Its not important if the bank you drive up to looks pretty. Start talking to developers and request they do not land scape aroung there buildings, leave it all natural.
We are paying attention up here and we do care, we are in this together,
From Michigan.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clayton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gainesville funeral home expands with crematory... (Feb '17) Feb '17 craigd3000 1
Sky Lake Camp (Aug '07) Jan '17 Laurie 58
News Many outdoor activities banned as fires burn ac... (Nov '16) Nov '16 Hostis Publicus 2
ver,s and karans (Mar '16) Mar '16 tony lawson 4
the cafe across from the truck stop (on the run) (Mar '16) Mar '16 vicy kelly 2
Police Chief vacancy? (Jan '16) Jan '16 WessonRules 1
News Piedmont to screen new documentary on the Tallu... (Dec '15) Dec '15 Mayor Dan A Hayes 1

Clayton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Clayton Mortgages