Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201847 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

ELH

Vancouver, WA

#146994 Jun 22, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really understand what you just said?
Classroom education is supposed to be gender neutral.

Newsflash: It's against the law for public school to discriminate on the bases of SEX. In case you haven't heard boys and girls both take cooking and sewing classes now and girls even play football on the same team as boys. Check you calender, it's 2012.
ELH

Vancouver, WA

#146995 Jun 22, 2012
The Great Sly_Clyde wrote:
<quoted text>
PRINCETON, NJ -- For the first time in Gallup's tracking of the issue, a majority of Americans (53%) believe same-sex marriage should be recognized by the law as valid, with the same rights as traditional marriages. The increase since last year came exclusively among political independents and Democrats. Republicans' views did not change.
http://www.gallup.com/poll/147662/first-time-...
Statistics that don't agree with "kiMare's", "this guy's" and/or "here is one's" OPINIONS are not permitted on this forum!
ELH

Vancouver, WA

#146996 Jun 22, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
Post what ever you like..........LOL
It is a free country.......
You forgot to add na-na-nanan-an! Are you seven?(LOL!)
ELH

Vancouver, WA

#146997 Jun 22, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
more verbal diarrhea
Do you have a job or a life? Or anything else to do besides post your idiotic banter here all day long?
ELH

Vancouver, WA

#146998 Jun 22, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
we will amend the federal constitution also......
"We"...Good one! Last I checked spamming your opinion all over this hillbilly website doesn't have any influence on law. The way to take credit for crap you had nothing to do with is pretty funny too.
Dan

Roseville, CA

#146999 Jun 22, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you are even closer to blowing a gasket..........ROTFLMAO
We can and will amend the constitution if that what it takes........So get over it..........
As I have said before we will fight tooth and nail to defend the word marriage.....
Defend it against what?

Green flop footed aliens?

You and yours did not format this country bright boy. It was formed so that all it's citizens could hold a full set of rights and liberties providing those freedoms produce no viable harm.

'We will fight tooth and nail'...LOL!!

A lot of bigots fought tooth and nail in the past. Look where it got them.
Dan

Roseville, CA

#147000 Jun 22, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Post what ever you like..........LOL
It is a free country.......
Would you like me to post the definition of normal for you???
Damn skippy it's a free country.

So why are you so hell bent in limiting freedoms for your fellow Americans?
Dan

Roseville, CA

#147001 Jun 22, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you are even closer to blowing a gasket..........ROTFLMAO
We can and will amend the constitution if that what it takes........So get over it..........
As I have said before we will fight tooth and nail to defend the word marriage.....
The Constitution just may get amended given asshats like you refuse to step aside to the liberties of other citizens.
ELH

Vancouver, WA

#147002 Jun 22, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
Because, all of a sudden, MARRIAGE the mostest importantest word in the English language! I guess that, like so many heterosexuals, the "till death do us part" commitment required by "traditional" marriage is no longer important to you... Sound like theocracy to me...but what else is new?
Dan

Roseville, CA

#147003 Jun 22, 2012
Bruno wrote:
Happy Friday to all
Keep waiting for Santy Claus jackass....hell it's only been five months and twenty two days.

LOL!!!

Piss off loser.
ELH

Vancouver, WA

#147004 Jun 22, 2012
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn skippy it's a free country.
So why are you so hell bent in limiting freedoms for your fellow Americans?

Because rights that "this is one" doesn't agree with don't count.
Dan

Roseville, CA

#147005 Jun 22, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.....
To be a defect it would have to not be normal.......
And to be normal means what the vast majority are.
And we are the normal ones so if there is a defect it would be that of the abnormals.....
My point is that nobody can prove that being gay is anything more than a choice......
You're coming off as pretty damn abnormal to me Ace.

Who else but a LOSER would spend day and night dicking with a grouping of people he has nothing to do with?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#147006 Jun 22, 2012
ELH wrote:
<quoted text>
Classroom education is supposed to be gender neutral.
Newsflash: It's against the law for public school to discriminate on the bases of SEX. In case you haven't heard boys and girls both take cooking and sewing classes now and girls even play football on the same team as boys. Check you calender, it's 2012.
But they are not the same.

In fact they acknowledge distinctions in a host of ways.

Selective discrimination?

Allow one idiocy, you create a thousand...
Dan

Roseville, CA

#147007 Jun 22, 2012
The Great Sly_Clyde wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans' views did not change.
http://www.gallup.com/poll/147662/first-time-...
Mine did.

Since: Jan 12

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania

#147008 Jun 22, 2012
Here is One you have still yet to answer my question. Was slavery or women's suffrage put up to a popular vote? Was the US Constitution put up to a popular vote? Why is it that US presidents aren't elected by a popular vote but by electoral votes of the US states they win?

So why do you think gay rights should be left to a popular vote when direct democracy is against everything the USA stands for the equal rights of all of it's citizens granted in the 14th amendment of the US Constitution which applies to all of the 50 US states. All of those states with bans on gay marriage are unconstitutional and thus will be repealed. I guess that's why you are currently living in Mexico and not the USA.
Hugh Jass

Long Beach, CA

#147009 Jun 22, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
My point is that nobody can prove that being gay is anything more than a choice......
And you chose to be a heterosexual? uh huh right. You can't prove being gay is a choice, sucka fish! lol
Hugh Jass

Long Beach, CA

#147010 Jun 22, 2012
KiMare wrote:
Watchmann wrote:
I'm sorry to take you here, but this is your reality lesson for today... I am extremely hairy, which you probably find attractive like my wife does. At times I have a single dread starting at the top of my butt crack. Other times there is a butt crack bugger (a combination of hair, toilet paper, sweat and poop all rolled into a bugger). You put your mouth there???
Let's take your assertion even further. Why stop at the penis/vagina/rectum? There are other body openings. How about some ear wax? Or, something a little kinky, having sex by picking the other person's nose with your tongue?
It's two to one, but what a one. I think I won (smile).
We could do beasty too, I can almost shove a whole elephant in.

Prof Marvel

“The Great and Wonderful Marvel”

Since: Aug 09

Baltimore, MD

#147011 Jun 22, 2012
Wat the Tyler wrote:
Here is One you have still yet to answer my question. Was slavery or women's suffrage put up to a popular vote? Was the US Constitution put up to a popular vote? Why is it that US presidents aren't elected by a popular vote but by electoral votes of the US states they win?
So why do you think gay rights should be left to a popular vote when direct democracy is against everything the USA stands for the equal rights of all of it's citizens granted in the 14th amendment of the US Constitution which applies to all of the 50 US states. All of those states with bans on gay marriage are unconstitutional and thus will be repealed. I guess that's why you are currently living in Mexico and not the USA.
Slavery and women involve a legally recognized minority, something homosexuals are not.

The fact is, you can't even define what a homosexual is, which is why you're always adding letters to your acronym. Now you're trying to shoe-horn in BDSM. If you manage to do that I suppose you'll be calling yourselves The LGBTBDSM community.

Why don't you cut to the chase and start calling yourselves the "ABCDEFG...Z" community?

Were you a legal minority popular vote wouldn't be used to stop you from getting married no more than it was used to deny blacks and women suffrage.

In other words, you have no legal standing; at least no more than any other sex cult.

Prof Marvel

Baltimore, MD

#147012 Jun 22, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.startribune.com/nation/160062015.h...
The chief witness who testified in favor of California's gay marriage ban during a landmark trial on the measure's constitutionality reluctantly came out in favor of gay and lesbian unions on Friday, saying he now thinks "that the time for denigrating or stigmatizing same-sex relationships is over."
"I had also hoped that debating gay marriage might help to lead heterosexual America to a broader and more positive recommitment to marriage as an institution. But it hasn't happened," Blankenhorn wrote. "If fighting gay marriage was going to help marriage over all, I think we'd have seen some signs of it by now."
Were you using him as evidence before he came out for same sex marriage?

Why not?

Prof Marvel

Baltimore, MD

#147013 Jun 22, 2012
Wat the Tyler wrote:
<quoted text>
That does mean anything. Look up tyranny of majority you stupid Christian fascist. If interracial marriage where put up in the south in the 1960s it would lose in every single state badly.
America is a not a democracy but a republic. I can't stress this to retarded xtians like you so many times but for the last time YOU CAN'T PUT PEOPLE'S CIVIL RIGHTS UP TO A POPULAR VOTE! Did we leave slavery to popular vote? What about women's suffrage? Was segregation left to popular vote? It should be left to legislators and judges who where elected BY THE PEOPLE to DEFEND THE RIGHTS OF ALL US CITIZENS YOU STUPID F*CK!
You want to know who else persecuted gays and "put them in the closet?" NAZI GERMANY
So which is worse being a "pervert" or being a homophobic nazi Christians?
Nazi Germany no less.

Look, Elie Wiesel, no one is putting your civil rights up to popular vote. We're putting your supposed suspect status up for popular vote.

There's a difference.

You have the same civil rights as I do. You want the ability to do something I can't do -- marry same sex. But to grant you that makes me unequal.

In other words, to say your civil rights are being denied is to say you can't marry someone of the opposite sex -- which you can do.

And this is to say since you have no legal standing as a minority what you're actually seeking is legal standing as a minority by de facto law; ie, the right to marry same sex.

First comes legal status as a minority then comes same sex marriage. But you want to skip this first step. You want us to put the cart in front of the horse. You want to be automatically recognized as a minority based on your say so. You want to circumvent the process. You want to leave our legislators and courts out of that loop. You want us to ignore the fact that you have more of the appearance of a sex cult than legal minority.

You want us to endorse your screwball logic -- "homosexuals are a minority not because we resemble any other minority, but because we say we're a minority."

Not the way it works for anyone else -- why should it work that way for homosexuals?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clayton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Justices strike down Contra Costa family court ... (Aug '07) Fri Robert Chin 57
News How Many People Receive Food Stamps In Danville... (Aug '13) Thu ok 8
Special message (Aug '13) Thu nathan sturley 398
News Santana-inspired Maria Maria restaurant in Mill... (Apr '10) Wed soledad 100
Local Politics Do you approve of Ed James as City Manager? Feb 9 bee 1
News Woman Accused of ID Theft, Registering Fraudule... (May '08) Feb 9 Local reporter 28
Review: Lotus Flowers Massage (May '14) Nov '15 rama-lama ding-dong 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Clayton Mortgages