Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201862 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Winston Smith

Waterford, VA

#145487 Jun 10, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
That's funny, I've made a living doing so for over 30 years.
I prefer family dynamics and reality therapy. They work.
You might recognize the three R's: realism, responsibility, and right-and-wrong in my responses.
Smile.
I had classmates in school that graduated yet were not really capable of practicing in a competent fashion. This happens in all fields. Apparently yours is no exception.

Realism is often nothing more than an opinion. Likewise for right and wrong. Responsibility can fall through the same cracks.

“All things considered”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#145489 Jun 10, 2012
Silent_______Assassin wrote:
<quoted text>The courts recognize common law straight marriages, but only in those particular states. It is not common in all states.
i was not aware of that. i thought it was nationwide.

i myself was only aware of the implications from common law marriage (in one particular state) when we had aquaintances get 'divorced' from one.

“All things considered”

Location hidden

#145490 Jun 10, 2012
<quoted text>All children are best off in a good parent relationship with their biological parent.
Adoption and gay adoption is a default fail option, and the children are always in a worse situation than if they were in a good biological parenting relationship.
i don't know if i can fully agree with this given what i have read since gay couples apparently do possess the same success in raising well adjusted children as do their heterosexual counterparts.

i have to agree with you however in that on a personal level i would rather see children loved and raised by their own biological parents rather than be sent into foster care or adoption.

but given this is not always the case i feel homosexual families provide an excellent option for the raising of those said children.
Winston Smith

Waterford, VA

#145492 Jun 10, 2012
<quoted text>You are lying, all of your classmates were normal and functioning. How judgmental and bigoted of you to say that their life was not functional.
If you can say that the gay lifestyle, which leads to HIV, depression, alcoholism, patholgoy, sexual perversions, drug abuse and suicide is competent then you can not judge anything as competent.

I find it amusing that you think you know all of my classmates.
Do you even know what competent means? Based upon your rambling answer, apparently not. The world is full of incompetent people. I suspect you might be one of them.

If you think every doctor, mechanic, plumber, etc. is competent I suspect you're in for a fleecing.
Winston Smith

Waterford, VA

#145493 Jun 10, 2012
Pam Jordan wrote:
<quoted text>
i don't know if i can fully agree with this given what i have read since gay couples apparently do possess the same success in raising well adjusted children as do their heterosexual counterparts.
i have to agree with you however in that on a personal level i would rather see children loved and raised by their own biological parents rather than be sent into foster care or adoption.
but given this is not always the case i feel homosexual families provide an excellent option for the raising of those said children.
In an ideal world this might be true. However, we don't live there. My highschool girlfriend used to get the crap beat out of her by her biological mother. I found out years later that her bilogical father was sexually abusing her along with slapping her around on occasion. A pack of wolves would have been better.

I had a girlfriend in college that was sexually abused by her stepfather from the time she was 8 or 9 until she left home. Her biological mother wasn't happy when her dear husband ended up in court and subsequently went to jail.

The good news is that 3 out of the 4 criminals mentioned above are dead.
thisGuy

Stephenville, TX

#145494 Jun 10, 2012
Cheyenne277 wrote:
<quoted text>
We've had the ability to accurately and affordably test people's $exuality in a lab setting since the 1950s. And in all that time, not one person has ever been able to show that their $exuality changed during the course of their lifetime. Not from gay to straight, not from straight to gay, not even from gay to bi$exual. Not through theraputic means and not through religious means. Also, there have been tons of studies done on homo$exuality - if it was a choice there would be precursors to that choice leading someone to want to be attracted to the same gender or leading them to actually having attraction for the same gender - yet not one study has ever found any precursor or cause.
That or militant queer Nazis bullied them for choosing to be straight, discrediting their "born that way" theory LOL.

I wouldn't be surprised if many ex-gays who openly changed their minds & their lifestyles would be victimized, harassed, & even bullied by the pro-gay Liberal fascists who are pushing so hard to make everyone accept the sick lifestyle. An apology for being straight?...sounds rather heterophobic. And why would they feel a need to apologize to the entire lgbt crowd if the lgbt crowd is a "accepting" community?..Because the lgbt crowd doesn't like straight people? I have my skepticism over apologizing for such a thing.
Bill Of Rights

Livermore, CA

#145495 Jun 10, 2012
thisGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
That or militant queer Nazis bullied them for choosing to be straight, discrediting their "born that way" theory LOL.
I wouldn't be surprised if many ex-gays who openly changed their minds & their lifestyles would be victimized, harassed, & even bullied by the pro-gay Liberal fascists who are pushing so hard to make everyone accept the sick lifestyle. An apology for being straight?...sounds rather heterophobic. And why would they feel a need to apologize to the entire lgbt crowd if the lgbt crowd is a "accepting" community?..Because the lgbt crowd doesn't like straight people? I have my skepticism over apologizing for such a thing.
My god,you trully are an ignorant moron! The vast majority of psychologists and psychiatrists warn against even attempting reparative therapy as it can cause great harm to the patient and simply doesn't work! Your problem is I suspect you don't really know any gay people because if you did you would realize that being gay is an innate trait,neither good nor bad,it just is! Lets see what the renowned world wide"Peer reviewed" experts have to say about reparative therapy shall we oh great ignorant or stupid one! And not the crap you post from virulent anti gay hate sights! Now kindly STFU!

Reparative therapy,can gays change from gay to straight? NO!

http://www.apa.org/pi/lgbt/resources/sexual-o...
Or
http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2000-0...
And
http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/08/05/gay.to.s...

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#145497 Jun 11, 2012
Cheyenne277 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're admitting you're bisexual? Did you know 90% of women have no attraction whatsoever to the same sex?
I admitted no such thing. As I have said before and specifically stated in the post you responded to, I am a lesbian trapped in a straight man's body.

According to ELH (who also goes by the initials BS), the fact is MORE than 96% of woman are not attracted to the same sex. GLBT only make up 4% of the population COMBINED.

“May Allah Guide Mankind”

Since: Mar 09

Jihad An-Nafs

#145498 Jun 11, 2012
What kind of work do you do? I mean it's pretty late. Also, are you Japanese/Vietnamese?

Location hidden

#145499 Jun 11, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
That's funny, I've made a living doing so for over 30 years.
I prefer family dynamics and reality therapy. They work.
You might recognize the three R's: realism, responsibility, and right-and-wrong in my responses.
Smile.
Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
I had classmates in school that graduated yet were not really capable of practicing in a competent fashion. This happens in all fields. Apparently yours is no exception.
Realism is often nothing more than an opinion. Likewise for right and wrong. Responsibility can fall through the same cracks.
I'm glad to hear you were not alone, even though silent assassin recognized that you were so far ahead of them in that incompetence that it made you look like you were in a class by yourself.

Realism is never anything but reality. It is denial that has the limp wrist, which is why we gays are so prone to it.

Responsibility doesn't fall through cracks and commit anal abuse, that is irresponsible AND a example of a moral wrong.

Location hidden

#145500 Jun 11, 2012
Pam Jordan wrote:
<quoted text>
Silent Assassin wrote; "All children are best off in a good parent relationship with their biological parent.

Adoption and gay adoption is a default fail option, and the children are always in a worse situation than if they were in a good biological parenting relationship."

Seems like SA had no problem understanding what I said.

Do you have a comprehension problem or a bigotry problem?

Especially given that you admit common sense "on a personal level"...

I would suggest you switch your evaluation prowess to your 'studies' that show lesbian couples make BETTER 'parents' than biological parents.

Couple common sense questions;

Where are the studies of male couple parenting?

How does your "personal level" evaluate duplicate gender couples parenting children as being better than biological parents who by nature's law represent both genders?

How do you explain that family studies show children of biological parents have better social health than step/foster/adoptive heterosexual couples, but step/foster/adopted children raised by lesbian couples are best? That means your "personal level" is wrong, right? In that case, you need to look for a lesbian couple to raise your children. Or, how in hell did evolution get it so wrong and not choose survival of the fittest (lesbians) to parent???

Smile

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#145501 Jun 11, 2012
"anal abuse"

ROFLMFAO !!!!!

Location hidden

#145502 Jun 11, 2012
KemiSeba wrote:
What kind of work do you do? I mean it's pretty late. Also, are you Japanese/Vietnamese?
Personal coach.

It's 5:30am here on the east coast.

Kimare'a is a word play on a genetic chimera. I am a lesbian trapped in a straight man's body.

Since: Oct 11

Beggs, OK

#145503 Jun 11, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
a common law marriage is civil union with no wedding certificate
Read that....... no marriage certificate
Yet it's still called a marriage.

“All things considered”

Location hidden

#145504 Jun 11, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Personal coach.
It's 5:30am here on the east coast.
Kimare'a is a word play on a genetic chimera. I am a lesbian trapped in a straight man's body.
most men would probably make the same claim.

“All things considered”

Location hidden

#145505 Jun 11, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Silent Assassin wrote; "All children are best off in a good parent relationship with their biological parent.
Adoption and gay adoption is a default fail option, and the children are always in a worse situation than if they were in a good biological parenting relationship."
Seems like SA had no problem understanding what I said.
Do you have a comprehension problem or a bigotry problem?
Especially given that you admit common sense "on a personal level"...
I would suggest you switch your evaluation prowess to your 'studies' that show lesbian couples make BETTER 'parents' than biological parents.
Couple common sense questions;
How does your "personal level" evaluate duplicate gender couples parenting children as being better than biological parents who by nature's law represent both genders?
How do you explain that family studies show children of biological parents have better social health than step/foster/adoptive heterosexual couples, but step/foster/adopted children raised by lesbian couples are best? That means your "personal level" is wrong, right? In that case, you need to look for a lesbian couple to raise your children. Or, how in hell did evolution get it so wrong and not choose survival of the fittest (lesbians) to parent???
Smile
i already answered this. for you to rephrase it is ignorant and repetative.

what you consider a default option in terms of available families to many orphans and those in foster care is a God send to them.

thier biological parents gave them up or were forced to be removed from their lives because of imposed harm they placed on their children's being.

if you are to state you wish to directly compare biological parents that do love and nurture their children versus gay families for example in terms of the child's well being i too answered this earlier with the studies i provided in that there apparently is no difference given the children in gay families seem to grow into functional adults no different than their heterosexual familiy counterparts.

now that we have answered this particular set of questions yet again i would rather move on unless your response would be that of a spoiled child who needs to revisit the question yetg again because the truth is not what you had searched for.

“All things considered”

Location hidden

#145506 Jun 11, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
why would i wish to do this?

it was never my claim. equal ability at parenting perhaps.

and if you are to infer this was my claim you thedn are a liar.

“All things considered”

Location hidden

#145507 Jun 11, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
i provided this with links earlier.

did you not read them?

“All things considered”

Location hidden

#145508 Jun 11, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
it was on my post number 145365 should you need to read this again had you missed it earlier.

“All things considered”

Location hidden

#145510 Jun 11, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile
you may have me mixed up with another poster.

i never made these claims.

i did however mention there are studies which shopw no difference in parenting between gay households and ones that are heterosexual.

please work on accuracy in responding to posts and also redundant posts on points covered will be considered to be ignored by myself if that is the route you choose to make.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clayton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Antioch Council reverses direction, moves forwa... Thu by highway four 1
News Stabbing of Muslim woman in Antioch shopping ce... (Jun '13) Aug 23 Tyrese 28
News Pittsburg looking to make a splash in Bay Area ... Aug 23 Fart news 2
residential parking in front of other people ho... Aug 22 Luther Henderson 2
News Surprise! Oakland sixth-graders get new free bikes Aug 21 Amused 1
News Pot club shuttered for good but fight for medic... Aug 18 FoxRun 9
News Baby dies shortly after being transported from ... Aug 18 Fart news 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Clayton Mortgages