Teacher Charged With Sexually Harassi...

Teacher Charged With Sexually Harassing Student At Burger King

There are 12 comments on the NBC 10 Philadelphia story from Mar 7, 2008, titled Teacher Charged With Sexually Harassing Student At Burger King. In it, NBC 10 Philadelphia reports that:

A 58-year-old teacher at Newark High School is facing sexual harassment charges.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 10 Philadelphia.

Tom

Indianapolis, IN

#1 Mar 7, 2008
What is going on in my country. All you read about and hear on the news is sex sex sex sex. Whatever happened to privacy. Yes i know all the hit shows on TV are about Sex. I am sorry i can't speak to them because I have Become a prude in my old age. I have lived before the 1960's and I am have lived after the Sixties and give me the greatest generation.
Todd

United States

#2 Mar 7, 2008
Why, when they arrest some of these people, are they always smiling in the mug shot. Next time they smile, police ought to be allowed to smack them across the face with their baton. That'll remove the smile from their face pretty quickly, and hopefully some teeth as well.
keshia

Wilmington, DE

#3 Mar 7, 2008
it's a shame that u have people that our children are suuppose to trust and can't to me all child preditors should be put away four a long time it's sick that we cant't trust our teachers priest and so
big frank

Magnolia, DE

#4 Mar 7, 2008
this is krazy
Mike

Maple Shade, NJ

#7 Mar 7, 2008
Claymont! Claymont! Claymont! Claymont!

Woohoo,in the news baby!
Teacher at Newark

Brentwood, TN

#8 Mar 7, 2008
Frank Smith is a good man and once again the idiots out there go and question him without any facts! The police department detectives that question people often go with one side, the accuser, but what about due process and the accused person of a sexual crime. The reality is that if a man is accused of sexual harassment, or rape, people believe that the person it guilty!
We live in the US and the system still allows people to be charged with a crime without being able to defend themselves! I hope Frank is smart enough to not speak with the investigators and invoke his 5th Amendment right which is to not incriminate himself. Get a lawyer that will help you because this is bull crap. A person can say whatever they want and accuse you of a crime when you really didn't do anything. I truly believe that someone is looking for a pay day in this litigous society.
Just because someone is charged with a crime doesn't mean that they did the crime!! Look at OJ and make your argument! We all know that OJ did the crime but did he get charged with the crime? No!!
Once again, I remind you not to pass judgement because you could quickly find yourself in the same predicament and not be able to defend yourself until the facts come out! Frank, good luck to you brother!
Friend.
Phillyattorney

Brentwood, TN

#9 Mar 7, 2008
keshia wrote:
it's a shame that u have people that our children are suuppose to trust and can't to me all child preditors should be put away four a long time it's sick that we cant't trust our teachers priest and so
Hey Idiot! They use your driver licences photo when you are charged with a crime.
Showcase

AOL

#11 Mar 7, 2008
What did he say?? Put the man picture all over the news cause he asked the young tender thang for a shake when she brought him his burger.. Moral of the story have the food ready when customers get there then there's no need to have to bring the food out side..
Jina Yima

Westminster, MD

#12 Mar 8, 2008
I think this is a sad situation. HOw do we know what was said. This was a verbal statement made by a student and delivered to someone else. How do the public know what was said is true.
INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY.
These days students are so depressed he could have stop by to say "HI".
Studenets need to take courses in high school and parents need to be willing to allow teachers and eductaors to educate their children on real life. Because a student curse me out and wrote inappropriae comments about my physcial body in class this was reported to administration and nothing happen.
So what happens when a teacher complain against a student, or a student overexaggerated. Then what!!!!!
This is serious and I would like to see the student chatrged if this isn't treu. Because educators get accused for just doing a good job. We are never given the credit for what we do, but we are reported for one little thing and our career is OVER!
Jina Yima

Westminster, MD

#13 Mar 8, 2008
I agree. I would like to see the student charged once Frank seeks an attorney, put the person on the witness stand who she reported her information to. Also, the officer who took the complaint, and the one who made the final decision. Because Delaware is known for making decisions based on who they know as well. Frank keep your head up!
Teacher at Newark wrote:
Frank Smith is a good man and once again the idiots out there go and question him without any facts! The police department detectives that question people often go with one side, the accuser, but what about due process and the accused person of a sexual crime. The reality is that if a man is accused of sexual harassment, or rape, people believe that the person it guilty!
We live in the US and the system still allows people to be charged with a crime without being able to defend themselves! I hope Frank is smart enough to not speak with the investigators and invoke his 5th Amendment right which is to not incriminate himself. Get a lawyer that will help you because this is bull crap. A person can say whatever they want and accuse you of a crime when you really didn't do anything. I truly believe that someone is looking for a pay day in this litigous society.
Just because someone is charged with a crime doesn't mean that they did the crime!! Look at OJ and make your argument! We all know that OJ did the crime but did he get charged with the crime? No!!
Once again, I remind you not to pass judgement because you could quickly find yourself in the same predicament and not be able to defend yourself until the facts come out! Frank, good luck to you brother!
Friend.
Showcase

AOL

#14 Mar 10, 2008
Got this man all over then news for complimenting this young tender thang what he do?? did he squirt in her eye or somin. If so wear glasses when you bring the food outside..
33wave

AOL

#15 Apr 6, 2008
I think this is all crap! Frank Smith is a good man!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Claymont Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Description of Claymont (Dec '12) Jan '16 Jimeastport 10
News Edgemoor Gardens residents combat blight of lit... (Jan '07) Jun '15 discusted 51
News DELAWARE: Mother of two missing since Sunday party (Jul '08) May '15 J T Kirk 22
News Ronald D. Edwards (Jan '15) Feb '15 floodmaker3 2
7328 (Nov '14) Nov '14 flood3375 1
Vince Doran (Jun '14) Jun '14 curious 1
jen schroeder (Feb '14) Feb '14 mcss07 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Claymont Mortgages