disgusted

Cincinnati, OH

#1 Feb 13, 2013
Our leader has decided that at a time when North Korea, Russia and Iran are increasing military strength and capabilites, that we should decrease our spending by cutting ours. Now who thinks that makes sense?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#2 Feb 13, 2013
disgusted wrote:
Our leader has decided that at a time when North Korea, Russia and Iran are increasing military strength and capabilites, that we should decrease our spending by cutting ours. Now who thinks that makes sense?
I can agree with cutting spending on the wars over seas, but not on our home front. I watched on the news the other night, where the government was grounding some of our aircraft carriers, said it cost too much to send them out. I think the government should keep our military strong when it comes to guarding our own shores. If our military gets too week [cut back spending and disabling some of our armed forces], we'll be in danger of an attack from countries like North Korea, Iran, and of course China. It said on the news that they believe North Korea is building nuclear weapons in secret. I think in this case, we need to increase our military spending at home, instead of cutting it.
Serious Guy

Winchester, KY

#3 Feb 13, 2013
Hey Charlie, I recommend you watch a documentary called "The World without US". It's up on Netflix streaming if you have it.

Basically, it's a British documentary that examines the effect that US military power has had on the world stage in the past and how the world would change if the US pulled back from overseas posts to concentrate on "Homeland Security". It's quite eye opening. Chilling, even.

For example, what do you think would happen if the US was to stop all forms of military and diplomatic aid to Israel? I predict the Middle East would collapse into wars that would cause oil prices to skyrocket.

How about Korea? the North and South are still in a state of declared war. It is US military power (with some help from the CHinese who do a lot to restrain the DPRK). Without us there, the DPRK would have nothing in their way except a China that could be convinced that a Korea unified under communist rule could be a good thing.

What about Japan? We are treaty-bound to defend Japan, and honor-bound considering that we pretty much dictated their Constitution to them after WWII.

The simple fact of the matter is that the world has evolved. We are a global society now, and for the US to protect itself, we have to be able to project force at a global level. Historically, the US Navy is the most important arm of the US military, because it allows us to have a truly global reach on the cheap. It provides the best cost/benefit ratio of all the armed forces. A Carrier task force carries far more diplomatic weight and global striking power than an entire Army Corps.

Location hidden

#4 Feb 14, 2013
Serious Guy wrote:
Hey Charlie, I recommend you watch a documentary called "The World without US". It's up on Netflix streaming if you have it.
Basically, it's a British documentary that examines the effect that US military power has had on the world stage in the past and how the world would change if the US pulled back from overseas posts to concentrate on "Homeland Security". It's quite eye opening. Chilling, even.
For example, what do you think would happen if the US was to stop all forms of military and diplomatic aid to Israel? I predict the Middle East would collapse into wars that would cause oil prices to skyrocket.
How about Korea? the North and South are still in a state of declared war. It is US military power (with some help from the CHinese who do a lot to restrain the DPRK). Without us there, the DPRK would have nothing in their way except a China that could be convinced that a Korea unified under communist rule could be a good thing.
What about Japan? We are treaty-bound to defend Japan, and honor-bound considering that we pretty much dictated their Constitution to them after WWII.
The simple fact of the matter is that the world has evolved. We are a global society now, and for the US to protect itself, we have to be able to project force at a global level. Historically, the US Navy is the most important arm of the US military, because it allows us to have a truly global reach on the cheap. It provides the best cost/benefit ratio of all the armed forces. A Carrier task force carries far more diplomatic weight and global striking power than an entire Army Corps.
I wasn't talking about cutting money on our based headquarters in other countries, I'm talking about wasting money on needless wars. Remember when we went into Iraq to search for weapons of mass destruction that wasn't there in the first place? Remember after finding out there were no weapons, and then starting a war that ran into the billions that shouldn't have happen in the first place? That's the kind of cutting back spending I was talking about. We should always keep on top of things when it comes to other countries, keeping allies on our side and such. I think you would agree with me, the US has spent way too much money on wars that shouldn't have happen.
this way

Jackson, KY

#5 Feb 14, 2013
President Smoker's Voice is going to disarm the law abiding citizens of this country,keep making the economy a disaster that can never be rebuilt,destroy the healthcare system and the military.Quite an accompolishment in 8 years.

Location hidden

#6 Feb 14, 2013
Serious Guy wrote:
I agree, the US Navy is the most important branch of the military, and so is the Marines [they're usually the first to go into another country when a war starts up] and [not putting down the US Army or other branches of the military], but when the government starts cutting back on these branches of the military, we're messing up big time. I was watching the news the other night where they grounded some of our aircraft carriers, and I think that's a big mistake. Instead of cutting back on our military at home, they should be building it up, more troops, and start building more weapons. I believe the US should do like they did during World War II, start up factories and put people back to work. That's one way to get the economy back on its feet.

Location hidden

#7 Feb 14, 2013
this way wrote:
President Smoker's Voice is going to disarm the law abiding citizens of this country,keep making the economy a disaster that can never be rebuilt,destroy the healthcare system and the military.Quite an accompolishment in 8 years.
I think if that ever happens [disarm all Americans], that will be the biggest mistake our government could do. Sure we have our military, but they can only do so much. If another country invaded ours, Americans would be at the mercy of the enemy. I also think, if we're not careful, terrorist will destroy us financially by cyber attacking our financial institutions. I watched on the news where they have already been hitting some of our financial institutions. If they cause an economic collapse in this country, we won't have the money to spent on our armed forces.
according to

Montréal, Canada

#8 Feb 14, 2013
According to my late grandfather and my late uncles who all saw action. The first on any battle field is the Army. The marines just come in after the invasion and clean up what the army left for them.LOL THey get all the glory. Seriously, I have heard this also from others that are in the miltary still yet today. But either way, we don't need any budget cuts with the miltary. We need to be able to protect our people.
HIllary CLinton and the Benghazi mess is proof what the current administration is really doing. No one seemed to be aware of what was going on in one of the hottest spots. But that isn't the first time a clinton has screwed up. Bill knew about al-Qaeda but didn't do anything about it. He didn't even tell the incoming president(Bush) because he didn't think it was worth it. But that is a typical democrat, get your panties in a wad when you don't win and then see what you can do to make the next one look bad.Doesn't matter if they are republican or democrat.
Serious Guy

Winchester, KY

#9 Feb 14, 2013
according to wrote:
According to my late grandfather and my late uncles who all saw action. The first on any battle field is the Army. The marines just come in after the invasion and clean up what the army left for them.LOL THey get all the glory. Seriously, I have heard this also from others that are in the miltary still yet today. But either way, we don't need any budget cuts with the miltary. We need to be able to protect our people.
HIllary CLinton and the Benghazi mess is proof what the current administration is really doing. No one seemed to be aware of what was going on in one of the hottest spots. But that isn't the first time a clinton has screwed up. Bill knew about al-Qaeda but didn't do anything about it. He didn't even tell the incoming president(Bush) because he didn't think it was worth it. But that is a typical democrat, get your panties in a wad when you don't win and then see what you can do to make the next one look bad.Doesn't matter if they are republican or democrat.
There is a serious amount of BS in this post.

1. The Marines don't "clean up after the Army". They are different branches of the military with different roles, and those roles are what dictates who goes where and when.(I'm Army BTW, served from 2002 to 2010).

2. All evidence points to our Ambassador in Libya having just as much or more knowledge of security threats in Benghazi as Hillary Clinton.

3. America has known about the threat posed by Al Qaeda ever since they tried to bring down the WTC the first time. OBL was on the FBI's most wanted list from 1993 until a Navy Seal put a round in his head a couple of years ago. Yeah, Clinton could have done more to punish Al Qaeda after the embassy bombings and the USS Cole bombings, but even then he would have faced the same criticisms as Bush II if he would have tried. 9/11 happened because of an intelligence failure and a lack of communication between the FBI and the CIA, not because Clinton held back crucial information.
ok here

West Liberty, KY

#10 Feb 14, 2013
First get your facts straight...Did you not watch any news or read any newspapers? HILLARY ADMITED THAT SHE DID NOT READ EMAIL OR MEMOS REGARDING BENGHAZI. Not only that the ambassador DID ASK for help. If I had been her boss she would have been fired when this came to light.
as far as the commission report it is in all how you want to interpret it. But basically this is what it said The Clinton administration sent a signal to Al Qaeda that terrorism would succeed in pushing the United States out of the Middle East when, in response to the embassy bombings in Kenya and Tanzania, the U.S. pulled back its diplomatic presence in the region.

Location hidden

#11 Feb 14, 2013
according to wrote:
The US Army and the US Marines are two very different services, with unique histories and goals, although there is some overlap in their capabilities in combat. The mission goals for the US Army and the US Marines are different, and they accomplish their work in different ways. While people might be tempted to lump the two together since they both form parts of ground-based invading forces, most soldiers and marines would resent implication that the two forces are indistinguishable.

The United States has four armed forces under the direction of the Department of Defense (DoD): the US Army, US Air Force, US Navy, and US Marine Corps. The Coast Guard, the other armed force of the United States, is technically under the wing of the Department of Homeland Security, although it operates under the DoD during times of war. Each branch of the armed services in America performs a vital role for national security.

The US Marines are a highly mobile amphibious attack force. Marines are trained to attack from the water and establish a beach head, an area of control on foreign soil. After the Marines take territory, other armed forces, such as the Army, move in to maintain control, while the Marines move on. Marines are mobile, lightweight, and very rapid. One might compare the Marines to the head of a spear, wedging in to get a foothold and racing ahead once the land has been secured.

Location hidden

#12 Feb 14, 2013
I watched the news a few minutes ago, and the Navy are going to lay off workers repairing ships. I agree with the workers, Congress is making a serious mistake cutting budgets to the military.
this way

Jackson, KY

#13 Feb 14, 2013
The ambassador ask for help several times.It's been decided that Hillary take the blame.The unanswered question that will not be answered is-where was Obama for seven hours when the ambassador was taken,beaten and killed?
disgusted

Cincinnati, OH

#14 Feb 14, 2013
we will never know what happened. I anyone has never watched the viedo of Linsey Grahams interview of Leon Panetta, you should find it and watch it. The thing that throws me for a loop is that the American people just follow blindly along as if things are just as they should be.
Serious Guy

Winchester, KY

#15 Feb 15, 2013
ok here wrote:
First get your facts straight...Did you not watch any news or read any newspapers? HILLARY ADMITED THAT SHE DID NOT READ EMAIL OR MEMOS REGARDING BENGHAZI. Not only that the ambassador DID ASK for help. If I had been her boss she would have been fired when this came to light.
as far as the commission report it is in all how you want to interpret it. But basically this is what it said The Clinton administration sent a signal to Al Qaeda that terrorism would succeed in pushing the United States out of the Middle East when, in response to the embassy bombings in Kenya and Tanzania, the U.S. pulled back its diplomatic presence in the region.
OK, apparently you didn't read what I wrote. Id Hillary didn't read anything about Benghazi, then the ambassador DID know more about security threats and did nothing about them aside from sending a few emails. Perhaps you also don't know how important people like the President's cabinet members get their info. They get their info from interns, special assistants to, and secretaries. In fact, a good lot of info that pours into Washington from all over the world doesn't get read by the highest-ups in government because their staff decides what information their department head gets to see.

Also, after the Embassy bombings, the United States pulled a lot of families and dependents out of regions that were considered too dangerous, but that doesn't amount to pulling back our diplomatic presence, as our ambassadors and their staffs DID NOT leave those countries.

It's also becoming apparent to me that you have an unreasonable dislike of the Clinton presidency and Hillary's term as Secretary of State, and no amount of reason can combat unreasonable beliefs or ideas.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clayhole Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Heating and cooling places 1 min Pickelo 2
Who shot Heather Sizemore and Alex hurt? 2 min Prayers 3
Red street bike? 1 hr Maddi 1
BHS basketball coach (Aug '15) 1 hr Bo few 26
~~~~~Vote YES on July 12th~~~~~ 1 hr Shocked 30
vote dry breathitt/ jackson 1 hr Shocked 48
Jobs that the wets will bring? 1 hr SaveBreathittCoun... 28
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Clayhole Mortgages