Comments
1 - 20 of 43 Comments Last updated Aug 27, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Jeanann W

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Sep 11, 2012
 

Judged:

6

4

3

people around here are saying there is a video of a Roan co deputy executing Luke Baber with a shot directly to the chest from three feet away after he was already down and no longer a threat.
suposedly some kids out in the woods goofing off got it all on cell phone video and now are terified to let the info go for fear of disappearing themselves along with the video.
no matter how horrible a crime this young man commited it does not give the police the right to become judge,jury and executioners,if in fact this is what happened.
I REALLY hope this is not true but think back to how many of the mug shots on the jail report show arestees with faces beaten to a pulp and also how every suspect who has killed a WV police officer in the last thirty years ends up hanging themselves in their jail cells.
but..the WV police would not do such a thing? would they?

MrsMe

Bluefield, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Sep 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Jeanann W wrote:
people around here are saying there is a video of a Roan co deputy executing Luke Baber with a shot directly to the chest from three feet away after he was already down and no longer a threat.
suposedly some kids out in the woods goofing off got it all on cell phone video and now are terified to let the info go for fear of disappearing themselves along with the video.
no matter how horrible a crime this young man commited it does not give the police the right to become judge,jury and executioners,if in fact this is what happened.
I REALLY hope this is not true but think back to how many of the mug shots on the jail report show arestees with faces beaten to a pulp and also how every suspect who has killed a WV police officer in the last thirty years ends up hanging themselves in their jail cells.
but..the WV police would not do such a thing? would they?
really? Where on earth would they be playing at in the woods at there?
Think about things before you post.
I really wish that people would let Marshall and Eric Rest in peace.
wontintoknow

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Sep 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Jeanann W wrote:
people around here are saying there is a video of a Roan co deputy executing Luke Baber with a shot directly to the chest from three feet away after he was already down and no longer a threat.
suposedly some kids out in the woods goofing off got it all on cell phone video and now are terified to let the info go for fear of disappearing themselves along with the video.
no matter how horrible a crime this young man commited it does not give the police the right to become judge,jury and executioners,if in fact this is what happened.
I REALLY hope this is not true but think back to how many of the mug shots on the jail report show arestees with faces beaten to a pulp and also how every suspect who has killed a WV police officer in the last thirty years ends up hanging themselves in their jail cells.
but..the WV police would not do such a thing? would they?
this is the dumbest quite ever on topix i ever read how could they video it in the dark duh
cheap toilet paper

Scranton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Sep 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

i wanna see the video
Jeanann W

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Sep 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

cheap toilet paper wrote:
i wanna see the video
me too.
Citizen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Sep 11, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

Who cares, more power to em. If anyone ever deserved it he did.
Citizen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Sep 11, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

If he was still breathing, he was a threat. Case closed.
sosad

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Sep 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

I think that the guy got what he deserves.....
Mr Me

Bluefield, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Sep 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Now the law orta go after David Linkinogger for gettin him high at Elkview.
MrsMe

Rupert, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Sep 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Mr Me wrote:
Now the law orta go after David Linkinogger for gettin him high at Elkview.
did he force him? I doubt it.
mytwocents

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Sep 11, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

Did anyone expect him to live? Even if he wasn't armed and tried to surreder, they would have killed gim anyway because he shot bailey and workman.
Jeanann W

Chapmanville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Sep 11, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

1

Citizen wrote:
Who cares, more power to em. If anyone ever deserved it he did.
what country are you a "citizen of? Uganda?,Cuba?,North korea?,Syria?
how dare you say you think it is right for the police to "finish off" a SUSPECT just because they want revenge for the killing of one of thier own.
Im not even saying it happened that way but to voice those kinds of opinions is just wrong.
Citizen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Sep 11, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

Jeanann W wrote:
<quoted text>
what country are you a "citizen of? Uganda?,Cuba?,North korea?,Syria?
how dare you say you think it is right for the police to "finish off" a SUSPECT just because they want revenge for the killing of one of thier own.
Im not even saying it happened that way but to voice those kinds of opinions is just wrong.
If someone can prove these accusations then the officer will be punished. Good luck with that. Like I said as far as I am concerned if he was breathing he was a threat. He twitched and the officer fearing for his life shot him. I have no doubt this is a ridiculous rumor started by some idiot.
Please

Summersville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Sep 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Mr Barber murdered two people in cold blood, peroid. Im sure he wouldve killed as many as he couldve if he wasnt stopped. SO, when exactley IS it ok to end a persons life, how many people Must die before YOU think the quota is filled to take his life? PLEASE youd feel TOTALLY different if it were ur family, friend or somone YOU knew personally~
Please

Summersville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Sep 11, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

Jeanann W wrote:
<quoted text>
what country are you a "citizen of? Uganda?,Cuba?,North korea?,Syria?
how dare you say you think it is right for the police to "finish off" a SUSPECT just because they want revenge for the killing of one of thier own.
Im not even saying it happened that way but to voice those kinds of opinions is just wrong.
He deserved a much more painful death than what he was delt. GO HUG A TREE. If it were ur family, friend or just someone u knew personally who was killed or injured, things would be different~
Hey we give pedophilles a second chance to harm why not a murderer!
obvious

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Sep 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Jeanann W wrote:
people around here are saying there is a video of a Roan co deputy executing Luke Baber with a shot directly to the chest from three feet away after he was already down and no longer a threat.
suposedly some kids out in the woods goofing off got it all on cell phone video and now are terified to let the info go for fear of disappearing themselves along with the video.
no matter how horrible a crime this young man commited it does not give the police the right to become judge,jury and executioners,if in fact this is what happened.
I REALLY hope this is not true but think back to how many of the mug shots on the jail report show arestees with faces beaten to a pulp and also how every suspect who has killed a WV police officer in the last thirty years ends up hanging themselves in their jail cells.
but..the WV police would not do such a thing? would they?
think about this.. just take a minute and think. because obviously you didn't think before you posted. A field, a gunman on the loose, who has already killed 2, and shot one other. several officers in the field, getting shot at by this gunman, while they are shooting at him.. do you really think that any roane county or any other county or state would have a moment to video tape this? And if there were kids in that field, with all of that gunfire going off, not knowing if they could get shot themselves, just for being in that field, do you honestly thinnk they would be able to sit t here and video this?
crazy

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Sep 12, 2012
 

Judged:

1

I think the s.o.b got what he deserved. He killed two people for what because he was on drugs just because ur on drugs dont give u the right to kill people and if it were my family thats what I would have wanted them to do
curious

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Sep 12, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

Okay,really? Even if they did shoot him while he was down, it's not like they were filming a youtube video for fun, it wasn't "hey, hold my badge and watch this sh**". I agree that he was still a threat if he was still breathing and if other murder crimes were handled like this we wouldn't have to spend any tax dollars primping them in prison. The justice system has gone way too easy and that is why the drug problem is this out of control. I'm all about being treated fairly and all that jazz, but if we dealt with rapists,murderers, and molesters the way we should, we wouldn't have to worry so much about our kids going out to play. Besides, I'm not too proud to say that if he killed a friend or family member of mine, I would have put him down myself. They killed one to protect many.
Hold Up

Rupert, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Sep 12, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

Wait just a minute! You can't say he murdered two people without also noting the fact that he shot the tow truck driver and the Roane County Deputy. Which shows us that had those shots also been fatal, there would be four dead. So, it is clear Baber was willing to kill anybody that stood in his way of running away, making his death the only solution to this problem.
In God We Trust

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Sep 12, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

I say string up all the malcontents,1/4 of the judges,1/2 of the cops and 3/4 of all lawyers and let the Lord sort'em out. Might sound a little harsh, but it's the truth.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Clay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 9 min Another Damn Liberal 56,939
WV How To Open A Beer With A Banana 13 hr Johnny 183
Nikki Schoolcraft 19 hr obvious 11
brandy amber barker brown 22 hr friend 1
Sooo Tue David 7
i'm looking for a person Mon bella 5
WV 2 dead in explosion at W.Va. chemical plant (Dec '10) Mon day all freekin d... 3,943

Search the Clay Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Clay Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Clay People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Clay News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Clay
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••