dennis legg...what is up w/him?

Posted in the Clay Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
curious

United States

#1 Jan 2, 2011
Word around that he had 2 step down again from pulpit due 2 his long going prb w/his love of women. N e 1 else hear this?
Trim

Oakvale, WV

#2 Jan 2, 2011
Leave that biggen alone he will trim ur bush if keep talkn bout him
Bring it

Tallahassee, FL

#3 Jan 4, 2011
Heard he was a piece of crap
HeardSomethingEl se

Montcalm, WV

#4 Jan 5, 2011
curious wrote:
Word around that he had 2 step down again from pulpit due 2 his long going prb w/his love of women. N e 1 else hear this?
No, but I've heard Steve Stanley & the rest of his family & close friends up at the church got tired of him stepping on their toes with his preaching so they pushed him out.
heres the truth

Belle, WV

#5 Jan 14, 2011
that church is run by the"stanley"family their all a bunch of hypocrites...pretending to be a close family but each one of them stab the other in the back and all the wives hates their husbands!!! dennis didnt do anything wrong at that church they just needed a way to get rid of him and not to make it look like they were guilty.. dennis help rebuild that church from the building to the ppl he devoted his life to that church and look what a slap in the face he gets in the end.. one of these days that family will will get knocked down off their high horses they have destoryed so many lives from inside that church and stabbed so many ppl in the back..ppl only pretend to like em even the ones in the church cant stand that family...the husbands are control freaks and the wives are stupid and the kids are spoiled little brats that dont know any better.. so there put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!!!!!!!!
The Whitest Kid U Know

Princeton, WV

#6 Jan 14, 2011
Yeah I've heard Dennis preach and he was great. He preached what people needed to hear and not what they wanted to hear. That's probably why they didn't like him. He didn't preach the namby-pamby NIV crap that some people do. Besides, leaving because of his love for women is the dumbest idea I've ever heard.
nhisnamewepray

Princeton, WV

#7 Jan 14, 2011
Dennis is one of the best people I have ever had the pleasure to know. Sure he may have his faults, but who of us doesn't. He has come to our familys side many times when we were in need of comforting words. Don't know much about the Stanley family except what I've heard and I won't repeat malicious gossip. As the old saying goes, "I have to see it to believe it." Nothing in Clayberry would surprise me anymore.
Very Interesting

Webster Springs, WV

#8 Jan 14, 2011
HeardSomethingElse wrote:
<quoted text>
I've heard Steve Stanley & the rest of his family & close friends up at the church got tired of him stepping on their toes with his preaching so they pushed him out.
heres the truth wrote:
that church is run by the"stanley"family
Sounds like that church is ran by the mafia known as The Stanley Family. Of course in this day and age of modern thinking, that doesn't surprise me the least bit. Too few churches are ran by the pastor and not some family
no longer mislead

United States

#9 Jan 26, 2011
I listened 2 him preach 4 a couple yrs. I was a devoted christian @the time. But @that time, during every1 of his sermons, I prayed that God would let me know if the word I was hearing was what God intended 4 me 2 lead my life with. My prayer was anwered that the word and teachings I had put my trust n was by letting me know that there was something wrong and 2 find a more appropriate man 2 teach and guide me. Yes every1 has their faults, but sometimes a man can reach a point where he has 2 many 2 help lead people where God wants them 2 b. No I'm not a member of the Stanleys
apple

United States

#10 Jan 26, 2011
No mafia, dennis' followers are blind. Stanleys just finally saw the truth. I saw first hand those blinded people, it was like they were n a cult. Proud of the stanleys.
Henry

Charleston, WV

#11 Jan 26, 2011
There is Family making the decisions in Most every church and normally the same family for years and years.
StupidPpl

Montcalm, WV

#12 Jan 26, 2011
apple wrote:
No mafia, dennis' followers are blind. Stanleys just finally saw the truth. I saw first hand those blinded people, it was like they were n a cult. Proud of the stanleys.
Proud of them for running preachers out that wouldn't tickle their ears eh? Figures...
church

Princeton, WV

#13 Jan 26, 2011
I know someone that is a member of another church and she told 2 elderly women not to come back to church one I heard they was afraid of her falling and getting hurt "insurance purposes" and the other was her very own Mother because she didn't believe in her mother living with someone she forgot about her son bringing in his girl friend whenever he wanted for her to stay all night but that is ok because it was them good honest people....one of these day's they will have to go before the only and real boss....honor thy mother and thy father and your days will be many upon the earth I guess they just forgot who really runs the church.

i
hijkl

United States

#14 Jan 30, 2011
Heard he was an as grabber

Since: Jan 11

Meadow Bridge, WV

#15 Jan 30, 2011
no longer mislead wrote:
I listened 2 him preach 4 a couple yrs. I was a devoted christian @the time. But @that time, during every1 of his sermons, I prayed that God would let me know if the word I was hearing was what God intended 4 me 2 lead my life with. My prayer was anwered that the word and teachings I had put my trust n was by letting me know that there was something wrong and 2 find a more appropriate man 2 teach and guide me. Yes every1 has their faults, but sometimes a man can reach a point where he has 2 many 2 help lead people where God wants them 2 b. No I'm not a member of the Stanleys

I might be able to respond to this if you would actually write a whole
word. I mean is to or for that hard to type out. Besides what does that mean that you used to be a devoted Christian? If your off track now I don't think it was the preachers fault you're backslidden. You say that he had too many faults for you lead you, will someone PLEASE tell me some of his faults other than him preaching the gospel or some of the asinine excuses like him being an ass grabber or his love of women.
trythis

Montcalm, WV

#16 Feb 2, 2011
How 'bout you stop worrying about someone else's faults and focus on bettering yourself!? Come on, people, you can't throw rocks when you live in a glass house! No one, and I mean NO ONE, is perfect!
Try doing some good in this world instead of dragging someone's name through the mud!
hijkl

United States

#17 Feb 3, 2011
Damn, soooo many people still brainwashed by him!!!! I know a lot of people that used to take up for him too, but not anymore. He's a real good man!!!! LMAO
TooFunny

Rock, WV

#18 Feb 3, 2011
hijkl wrote:
Damn, soooo many people still brainwashed by him!!!! I know a lot of people that used to take up for him too, but not anymore. He's a real good man!!!! LMAO
So that's what you call Christians eh? Brainwashed people
bigman

United States

#19 Feb 5, 2011
Let's not be so defensive! Don't think anyone was calling christians brainwashed just that he has a lot of people fooled. I'm glad someone else has finally spoken up about him!
FoodMan

Rock, WV

#20 Feb 5, 2011
You're right, he did have people fooled... Trinity thought he was going to be a preacher that would tickle their ears. He sure fooled them!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cristina lane and john deere tatto 46 min oh my 24
where is the money in Vance's bottom coming from 3 hr OOO 1
Amanda and ronnie Lane (Dec '10) 12 hr FORBIDDEN 8
What about Richard Cummings?? (Nov '10) Nov 21 countrygirl 14
Cameron Neal??? Nov 20 Friends 1
nikki schoolcraft Nov 18 haha 2
Tyler Moore & christy nottingham how cute are t... Nov 17 Confused 4
Clay Dating
Find my Match

Clay People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Clay News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Clay

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:03 am PST

NFL 9:03AM
Danny Trevathan, Jarvis Jones will return to practice
NFL10:12 AM
Ryan Mallett (torn pectoral muscle) out for season
Bleacher Report10:51 AM
Andre Johnson, DeAndre Hopkins Updated Fantasy Outlook After Ryan Mallett Injury
NBC Sports11:46 AM
Bengals' Dalton and Green finally get it going - NBC Sports
ESPN11:47 AM
Brown: Blount's strong Patriots return 'great'