Pageants in Clay County.....
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Trueeee

United States

#26 Sep 11, 2010
Yeah it should be just for Clay, get it we have the Golden Delicious Apple Festival, not Roane, Not braxton, Clay so I mean thats like saying let us clay people go into ur hometown and take advantage of what your child could have thats sad for you even to say that your thankful for that, go to ur own fair.
What

Bluefield, WV

#27 Sep 11, 2010
Pageant_Momma wrote:
Thank you :-) I was just totally shocked that there was this much of a discussion about this. In 5 years of pageants, I've never had to deal with anything like it. I didn't even know this website existed until a family member sent me the link!
Good for you! I did pageants almost my entire life and had a blast doing them. My mom never asked me if I even wanted to be in a single one. I wanted to do them. It was a great experience and I met a lot of wonderful girls. Since then I have gotten married and now have a daughter. She happens to love do them also. I have never made her be in a pageant. She was mad because I haven't let her do the festival pageant for a couple of years now. Mainly because of all of the drama that goes on in clay with pageants. It is ridiculous how the so called adults can act sometimes. We have been to many pageants all over this state and even out of state. My daughter has learned to be confident and she loves to go meet other new friends from different places. She has been able to go places that she may not have seen had we not been in pageants. She has fun doing them. She has fun doing a lot of other activities also. She loves gymnastics, ballet, and would love to have a horse of her own to ride. Pageants are just a small part of her, that I think have helped to make her a well rounded little girl. Stop being so critical and judgemental about pageants until you know exactly what can come from them. It isn't all about make-up and fancy dresses. There is a lot more to it than that.
abc

Oakvale, WV

#28 Sep 19, 2010
well for the winner to go the fairs and festivals thing it has to be open to other counties and I think it is just fine for it to be open my daughter has been in the apple festival pageant and it did not bother her that she lost and if u go to spencer to the black walnut festival it is open to other counties and kanawha county has a few that is open to other counties.
Anyway that is not what this post was about it was a question as to what the attire was for the pageant not to get ppl complaining abt the pageant
yo_mamma

Spanishburg, WV

#29 Oct 8, 2010
Jackie wrote:
they clay golden del. pagent should be from the Clay County girls. it dont help our town by letting girls from other places come be in the pagent. wish it would stop!
i totally agree with you jackie it should be for clay county girls. 3 were in teen this year and only one of them placed the winners were from out of county!!
what

Princeton, WV

#30 Oct 8, 2010
yo_mamma wrote:
<quoted text>
i totally agree with you jackie it should be for clay county girls. 3 were in teen this year and only one of them placed the winners were from out of county!!
Do you even pay attention to what you are saying?? Only 3 were in the teen from clay? So there would have been a whole three girls in the teen pageant if it were only for clay residents. Yeah, that sounds better. Maybe the girls from clay should be offended that you "adults" think they can't compete with girls from other counties. I know I would be. Like I said before, almost all the other fairs and festivals have their pageants open to other counties. That is how you get the money for the crowns and prizes for the winners. From the entry fees. If you have three girls in a pageant, what are they going to win? They would be more embarrased that they were the winner by only beating two other girls. And what about the two that don't win? How are they gonna feel? Stop being ignorant closed minded people and get with the new age of how people outside of "clay county" in the real world do things.

Since: Aug 10

Bluefield, WV

#31 Jul 25, 2011
wvbestkeptsecret wrote:
What is this I hear about dresses that r "home made" will never be crowned queen.... My daughter (who is 3) was currently in the apple festival pageant and got first runner up a little girl in a red plane jane dress (wich was store bought) from Braxton got tiny tot instead of her... I was just wondering if anyone else had heard of this thing with the custom made dresses....???
wow I am seriously amazed at how everyone has twisted and construded my words, this is sad. I was just wondering about DRESSES and how to better my childs chance of winning... wow seriously now I know y everyone says to stay off of this site.... point made!!!!
Pageant mom

Princeton, WV

#32 Oct 13, 2011
I cannot believe there is a web site about the Golden delicious pageant! I think it is great that they open it up to other counties. Clay is soo small that it would have been pointless to have the pageant otherwise! I had issues with the fact that I was told glitz then after I bought a 300 dollar glitz dress was told no glitz so I put a non glitz dress on my daughter and all of these other children wore glitz dresses anyways. But my daughter placed and had a blast and that is all that matters. But I can say that after doing the Clay pageant this year I will never do it again! It was not ran well at all! And all I have to say is Pageants are supposed to be judged on BEAUTY.....and I think the judges from the Clay pageant were HIGH!
christie

Charleston, WV

#33 Oct 13, 2011
You gotta join the"Click"
Just me

Bluefield, WV

#34 Oct 15, 2011
you actually don't have to join anything...if you don't like it then don't put your kid in it..that simple! Stop ruining it for all the other kids that enjoy it and have fun..it is for the kids, not their moms!
Well said

Bluefield, WV

#35 Oct 29, 2011
Pageant mom wrote:
I cannot believe there is a web site about the Golden delicious pageant! I think it is great that they open it up to other counties. Clay is soo small that it would have been pointless to have the pageant otherwise! I had issues with the fact that I was told glitz then after I bought a 300 dollar glitz dress was told no glitz so I put a non glitz dress on my daughter and all of these other children wore glitz dresses anyways. But my daughter placed and had a blast and that is all that matters. But I can say that after doing the Clay pageant this year I will never do it again! It was not ran well at all! And all I have to say is Pageants are supposed to be judged on BEAUTY.....and I think the judges from the Clay pageant were HIGH!
LMAO- Well said pageant mom, WELL SAID. From what I hear, Clay Pageants are more than likely over!Every person that I have spoke to about the pageant says they will NEVER go back! Even the ones that walked away with crowns!
The way it was talked about in the paper, it was a HIGH CLASS event! From what I hear, it was two or three former queens that didn't have a clue on running nor organizing a pageant. I talked to a mom that was upset because her mother left before the grand daughter went on stage.??The grandmother seen some funny business going on with score sheets in a totally different category than the girl was in, the old lady was mad enough to leave before seeing her grand daughter.?? I guess she got her eyes full?lol I've learned not to believe everything I hear, but I haven't heard one good word about the pageants this year. I was also told that hardly none of the regulars around here entered because of a previous spring pageant that went sour as well.
What happened to the Sizemore woman? Although I may not have agreed to all the winners, that woman could organize a pageant.
just me

Bluefield, WV

#36 Oct 30, 2011
Hear say....that is all this stuff is..like I said before if you do not like it keep your child at home, it is not manditory for anyone to enter. There are to many pageant moms that want their daughter to win for themselves. Let your daughter have her own life. We now have 16 and pregnant, next will be pageant moms gone wild...GROW UP !
Loving Parents

Chesapeake, VA

#37 Oct 30, 2011
formerplayer wrote:
I don't agree with parents making their children play sports either...if they are old enough to decide that they want to play, great.
You probably don't have good obedient kids if the life decision making was left up to them. Our three children did not want to go to School when they were six years old, but now they each have Masters degrees because we as parents made them participate in sports and we as parents made decisions for them.
4 posts removed
What the

Moatsville, WV

#42 Nov 12, 2011
This entire discussion is unsettling. To me, these pageants present these little girls in a state of sexual readiness. While its perfectly normal for parents to see their children as adorable (and they are), to parade them in a competition leaves an unpleasant weight on my mind.
1 post removed
formerPageantQue en

Fpo, AP

#44 Dec 15, 2011
The problem with only allowing Clay County girls to enter in the Golden Delicious Festival would mean there would be 1 MAYBE 2 girls who actually know anything about pageants and what they entail. The rest would be on drugs and probably fall off the stage. You have to let girls from other counties in so that GDF can send an actual competitor to the State Pageant.
who cares

Bluefield, WV

#45 Dec 25, 2011
in the end,its all about the MONEY!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
crime rate (Jun '10) 11 min Onceagain 21
News The Latest: Obama pledges federal support in fl... 3 hr WasteWater 1
Drop a Word ~ Add a Word (Oct '11) 5 hr _Zoey_ 2,365
Donations for Clay and surrounding areas 8 hr Pjferrebee 1
Frontier Internet Service (Jul '15) 8 hr LTE Coverage 8
jedediah mccutcheon 8 hr CWVDTF 5
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 14 hr loan 1,337
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Clay Mortgages