Fish fight: State homes in on NY man'...

Fish fight: State homes in on NY man's banned pet

There are 7 comments on the The York Daily Record story from Apr 1, 2009, titled Fish fight: State homes in on NY man's banned pet. In it, The York Daily Record reports that:

New York state's plans to seize a Syracuse-area man's pet fish are no fish story.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The York Daily Record.

marlin

Indianapolis, IN

#1 Apr 1, 2009
This alien fish has to die now.
moon man

Shelbyville, IN

#2 Apr 1, 2009
If he bought it legally before the law, the fish should be grandfathered. However, they should follow up with it periodically and if the fish is no longer there the man should be held accountable.
HMS

Manheim, PA

#3 Apr 1, 2009
moon man wrote:
If he bought it legally before the law, the fish should be grandfathered. However, they should follow up with it periodically and if the fish is no longer there the man should be held accountable.
I agree but some government official apparently has a stick up their butt so they will seize and kill the man's pet fish to "uphold the law" How about spending taxpayer money on something worthwhile like an actual crime?
David

Kissimmee, FL

#4 Apr 1, 2009
Moon man-there is no accountability if his fish is let go and it destroys all fish in a major lake or reservoir.
HMS--it is a minor problem and should not be handled by police, but by animal control, so cops can do the things like hunt down dangerous criminals.
KMS

Indianapolis, IN

#5 Apr 1, 2009
Here is a link for information on why snakehead fish are dangerous to our envirroment.
http://www.answers.com/topic/snakehead-fish
moon man

Shelbyville, IN

#6 Apr 1, 2009
Our rights are the issue here. The man bought the fish legally. The government is the one who changed the laws not the man. Why should he give up his pet? As for accountability? The man would be stupid to let the fish go knowing he was being monitored. Another angle. Is there a way to sterilize a fish? If so get him to have the procedure done. I agree with HMS, there are way more important and more dangerous criminal activity than this that need be addressed in this country. The man has already had the fish since the law was enacted, and has posed no threat. LET HIM ALONE!!! If we don't soon tart sticking up for our rights, we will have none. This is about freedom being taken away.
nosferatu

Reinholds, PA

#7 Apr 2, 2009
I didn't see it in the story, who turned him in? The fabled snakehead narcs? Do we have a new gov't department now that keeps track of people's pets?

The intrusions become more and more frequent.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Syracuse Road Test 55 min notfromsyracuse 1
News Bail set in Hartle rape case, jury selection to... 3 hr Paul 51
News CNY priest who stole $87,000 from parishioners ... (Jun '12) 6 hr Acolyte 5
Anyone know Selina Negron? Sat John 1
(.R ox y Bulk!!) ku*sh !! (Nov '15) Sat Asap 2
Tilted Kilt Fri Fred 1
Facebook and Francemone Jun 23 Lol 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Clay Mortgages