wannago

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2011

evidently a local band is playing there friday night and was wondering if kids were welcome. like say a 12 yr old
Seriously

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2011

Judged:

Drinking should not be allowed in that building!! This is a dry county!
know before you talk

Cynthiana, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2011

Judged:

the only thing that being a dry county is that no alcohol may me sold, however,you can drink in a dry county and they do NOT sell alcohol at the amvets building. amvets is a private club and the only alcohol belongs to the members of the club. dont try and start trouble for amvets, they are a charitable organization and one of the great things they do is a toy give away every christmas to kids who would otherwise not have any christmas presents!!
Seriously

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2011

Judged:

I do not think they should. They leave there dog drunk. How many organizations in powell have give a ways at Christmas and dont drink in their building? Lead by example and dont run a lounge in a dry county.
know before you talk

Cynthiana, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2011

go ahead and find out where these other clubs hold their meetings..u guessed it...amvets building!!
Seriously

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2011

Judged:

Churches who do food boxes or toys do not use the local BAR
know before you talk

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2011

yeah right.....

“"Lookin' Over Yonder"”

Since: Apr 11

High on the Mountain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2011

Judged:

Humm !! I thought it was a multi purpose building . The AmVet's do alot of good for the community and the county so "seriously" just shut up unless you know what you are talking about ...
tink

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2011

do they rent that building? how much
lbf

Clay City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2011

Judged:

Seriously wrote:
Drinking should not be allowed in that building!! This is a dry county!
Seriously?! You are a disrespectful ass. They put their lifes on the line to fight for your freedom, but you dont think they should be able to drink because it is a dry county. The members are one the reasons you are alive and free because the are Veterans!! As long as they arent driving let them drink!
Suzie Hatton

Glenwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2011

Judged:

Seriously wrote:
I do not think they should. They leave there dog drunk. How many organizations in powell have give a ways at Christmas and dont drink in their building? Lead by example and dont run a lounge in a dry county.
My husband is part of the Amvets and just recently cam back from Iraq about 6 months ago after being hurt so that your sorry ass could live and have freedom. He has already had 3 surgeries on his legs and going in on June 8th for another surgery on his knee and I say that he and all the other memebers have a right to go sit down and have a beer together. All those members are good people. They help the community, the kids, they do the Patriots Days and many more things in Powell County. I have a question for you. Has your sorry ass been to Iraq or Afghanistan or any other WAR? Have you saw the shit they have saw and been through. Have you had to leave your family for a year to 18 months and take a chance on not coming back home to them and getting shot at and God only knows what else? Well until you put your stinking feet in their BOOTS then you need to lay off. That is what is wrong with this county. nothing but a bunch of pill head dead beats that wants to run their mouth. JUST LAY OFF! maybe one day you might realize what they go or have gone through. I am proud to be an American and thank each and everyone of them for everything they have done for this country and all the sacrifices they have made...
Seriously

Elgin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2011

The county voted to be dry. Since you all care sooo much about them please take their keys and drive them home since the boys in blue are drinking, too and there are families and children on the roads....
just me

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2011

I dont care who you are or where your at or what you drink. As long as your 21 and don't bother anyone when your drinking. Or ever get behind the wheel of any thing including a bike. Everyone has the freedom to make there own choices thats the beauty of america as long as you are responsible for your own actions. These folks can have a beer anywhere they chose as long as they dont drive who cares if its a dry county. By the way that is a club not a buisness so its allowed there just like when your friends have a party at home they can have a beer.

By the way I thought this post was about a band not a beer
getalife

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2011

Seriously wrote:
The county voted to be dry. Since you all care sooo much about them please take their keys and drive them home since the boys in blue are drinking, too and there are families and children on the roads....
Have you ever drank any alcoholic beverage in Powell County? be honest.
Seriously

Elgin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2011

No I haven't
child of a Marine

Jenkins, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2011

Judged:

Suzie Hatton wrote:
<quoted text>
My husband is part of the Amvets and just recently cam back from Iraq about 6 months ago after being hurt so that your sorry ass could live and have freedom. He has already had 3 surgeries on his legs and going in on June 8th for another surgery on his knee and I say that he and all the other memebers have a right to go sit down and have a beer together. All those members are good people. They help the community, the kids, they do the Patriots Days and many more things in Powell County. I have a question for you. Has your sorry ass been to Iraq or Afghanistan or any other WAR? Have you saw the shit they have saw and been through. Have you had to leave your family for a year to 18 months and take a chance on not coming back home to them and getting shot at and God only knows what else? Well until you put your stinking feet in their BOOTS then you need to lay off. That is what is wrong with this county. nothing but a bunch of pill head dead beats that wants to run their mouth. JUST LAY OFF! maybe one day you might realize what they go or have gone through. I am proud to be an American and thank each and everyone of them for everything they have done for this country and all the sacrifices they have made...
Did you husband enlist or was he drafted? Did he get paid to serve? Was he not aware there was conflict going on or even possible when he signed up? Then as with any job their is responibility. My dad lived with PTS from Veitnam and Korea, we were told a few years ago he could not have a Birthday party there at the AMVETS in Clay City, because he wasn't a member of that post. He has since died but never one time did he say "treat me special because I am a Marine and I served for you". My dad always said he was a Marine ( Semper Fi) to make a living and to provide for his family. He was given his awards for what he did by the Marine corps and didn't expect it form others. Yes he was wounded and yes he served during war and yes we lived that life through his eyes. But he never used it as an excuse to have a beer, instead he enjoyed his time at home with his family he was away from for so many years. He always thanked God for keeping him safe so he could return home and take care of his family. After all the time he has missed with his family why waste time being drunk? He could be at home making good memories...
Suzie Hatton

Glenwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2011

child of a Marine wrote:
<quoted text>Did you husband enlist or was he drafted? Did he get paid to serve? Was he not aware there was conflict going on or even possible when he signed up? Then as with any job their is responibility. My dad lived with PTS from Veitnam and Korea, we were told a few years ago he could not have a Birthday party there at the AMVETS in Clay City, because he wasn't a member of that post. He has since died but never one time did he say "treat me special because I am a Marine and I served for you". My dad always said he was a Marine ( Semper Fi) to make a living and to provide for his family. He was given his awards for what he did by the Marine corps and didn't expect it form others. Yes he was wounded and yes he served during war and yes we lived that life through his eyes. But he never used it as an excuse to have a beer, instead he enjoyed his time at home with his family he was away from for so many years. He always thanked God for keeping him safe so he could return home and take care of his family. After all the time he has missed with his family why waste time being drunk? He could be at home making good memories...
Thank You very much but I didnt say my husband goes down there and drinks. I said my husband was a memeber of the Amvets. My husband does not go down there for anything except the meeting one Sunday a month and then if they need help doing something in the community. Yes my husband enlisted and has been in the military for 16 years and he went to Afganistan and was going to volunteer for Iraq but he didnt have to because his whole unit was sent. He knew what he was doing and he wanted to go. He was in the military before the war even started so yes he new there was conflict. And I will let you know he doesn't spend his time down there being drunk he does stay home with his family and make good memories with myself and our 2 children so you need to know what you are talking about before you start preaching to me about what my husband does. Don't know who you are but sorry to hear about your dad passing and thanks for the sacrifice you have made as a soldiers son and all the time you had to spend with out him. I am proud of what your dad has done for our country.
Suzie Hatton

Glenwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2011

Seriously wrote:
No I haven't
YEAH, I BET
tell some truth

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2011

amvets is great and lets stop this thread now!!
Lanie

Fort Wayne, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2012

Judged:

Ended up here after searching AmVets in Clay City because of an event my family has planned there. Didn't find out anything on this page other than the fact that you people are all idiots. Not looking forward to my trip to Ky!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Clay City Discussions

Search the Clay City Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 41 min Train wrecK 1,029
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Limbertwig 146,731
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 5 hr iuhj 26,206
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 14 hr Flint hill bandit 16,121
Cornbread can sell why can't everybody else (Feb '12) 15 hr concerned citizen 57
Ray Montgomery 22 hr George 2
jason estes Sat peeps 12
•••
•••
•••
•••

Clay City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Clay City People Search