flygirl

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2009

does anybody remember mrs. davis going crazy in the lunchroom about the jukebox??? that was too much she hated that song!
T-Totaled

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2009

flygirl wrote:
does anybody remember mrs. davis going crazy in the lunchroom about the jukebox??? that was too much she hated that song!
The jukebox was there for only one year in 1986 then some buttholes broke in and busted it all to pieces.It was cool while it lasted though.
my 2 cents

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2009

God, those were the best times of my life. I will never forget all the fun times and cruising town. Back then it didn't matter what time of night you went out, there was always someone in town. We use to park by Wilcy's pizza where it use to be. Back then there was a consignment shop next to Wilcy's that the Smith's use to run and we would always park there in between the two places and when someone we knew went by, we would flash our headlights for them to turn around and pull in beside of us to talk and hang out. I remember all the big hair bands were really popular then like Def Leppard, Poison, and Warrant. I use to love it when True Value was Piggly Wiggly and it stayed open 24 hours a day!!!! We use to party up in the gorge almost every weekend and everbody had a good time without all the pills and shooting up that goes on today. I remember all the camaros, firebirds, and trans-ams too. Back then those were awesome rides to have. I would give anything to go back and know now what I didn't know then.
just wondering

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2009

does eany one know paula wright?????
eighties lady

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2009

my 2 cents wrote:
God, those were the best times of my life. I will never forget all the fun times and cruising town. Back then it didn't matter what time of night you went out, there was always someone in town. We use to park by Wilcy's pizza where it use to be. Back then there was a consignment shop next to Wilcy's that the Smith's use to run and we would always park there in between the two places and when someone we knew went by, we would flash our headlights for them to turn around and pull in beside of us to talk and hang out. I remember all the big hair bands were really popular then like Def Leppard, Poison, and Warrant. I use to love it when True Value was Piggly Wiggly and it stayed open 24 hours a day!!!! We use to party up in the gorge almost every weekend and everbody had a good time without all the pills and shooting up that goes on today. I remember all the camaros, firebirds, and trans-ams too. Back then those were awesome rides to have. I would give anything to go back and know now what I didn't know then.
Oh my gosh! What about all the Chargers and Daytonas that were so popular then? And here's another one for you: the hottest style was Coca Cola shirts for preps and concert shirts for everybody else! And what about the short shorts that the basketball players wore? That's a far cry from the big ole shorts they wear now! It seems like we couldn't get our clothes to be tight enough!(remember the fold-over-roll-em-up legs on our jeans?)
my 2 cents

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2009

Judged:

Yes, I remember those. Do you all remember the sloppy joe shirts? Usually those were worn with a pair of skin tight leggings underneath. What about jellies? Do you remember those? My big thing was Aqua Net hairspray or Rave-Hold #4 Mega Hold. Damn, those were some good times!!!
Anybody

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2009

does anybody remember Dale Davidson?
take me back

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2009

God what I wouldn't give to go back and know what I know now. That would be so cool. But there's some things we can't do. We have to hold on to those good memories and move on.(sad ain't it?)
Made in the 80s

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2009

I was born in 1982, but I do remember Druther's. I got kids meals there with Druther's stickers lol Oh and piggly wiggly was where that hardware store is now (next to the storage buildings)
Corky

Cynthiana, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2009

Judged:

T -Totaled wrote:
<quoted text> Then you have got to remember the Shanty.
Best parties in the county back then...there was always a "sea" of people in the summer time (could barely sqeeze through the crowd at times). And I remember the floor sagging up and down from all the people dancing...it's a wonder it didn't give out from underneath us. Someone needs to talk to Tater about a shanty reunion!
T-Totaled

Jackson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2009

We still do a Shanty weekend every now and then. But most of the time the old crew get together at Eric Cassidy's from time to time and still have a blast.We still think were cool.
ooooooh

Stanton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2009

I love the heavy metal rock bands. Still rockin'.
Josie

Cynthiana, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2009

T-Totaled wrote:
We still do a Shanty weekend every now and then. But most of the time the old crew get together at Eric Cassidy's from time to time and still have a blast.We still think were cool.
Eric Cassidy? Don't remember him. Was he part of the shanty crew?
T-Totaled

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2009

Josie wrote:
<quoted text>
Eric Cassidy? Don't remember him. Was he part of the shanty crew?
Thats Billy Cassidy's son. Grew up in Pikeville with his mother. Moved down here back in the mid 90's.
mamas falling angle

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2009

you already know wrote:
I will never forget hidden valley. I had a awesome time there. Does anyone remember Greg Ballou?
i remeber him very well
class of 89

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2009

T-Totaled wrote:
<quoted text> Thats Billy Cassidy's son. Grew up in Pikeville with his mother. Moved down here back in the mid 90's.
Eric and Becky Halsey live together and her parents own the "Shanty". She and her brother Chris are the ones that had the awesome parties there back in our day.
big mac

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2009

This is an awsome post, love it!!!!!!!!!!
lol

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2009

in the 80's we didn't worry about locking our doors on our cars or our houses....we could let our children play outside without having to worry about all the harm that may become thim...what a change
wondering

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2009

Strongly agree, never had to lock doors before. Now we have to lock doors when were home during the day time sad isnt?
Yes

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2010

Any one remeber Mcdaniels Country store where we would play pool and had the juke box going full blast.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 60 of68
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Clay City Forum right now

Search the Clay City Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 24 min wtf 146,061
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 2 hr dodo 81,563
jason estes 4 hr peeps 8
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 8 hr Ricky Noya 16,114
do you know shade miller 11 hr hmmm 2
WHY IS EVERONE THINKING ME AND DARREN SMITH ARE... 16 hr squirell 7
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 18 hr JOE NASTY 26,182
•••
•••
•••
•••

Clay City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Clay City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••