nopo

Winchester, KY

#1 Mar 22, 2009
I keep reading about pills coming from Florida. Why do people go all the way there for prescriptions? Are there laws different there on what they can prescribe? I mean if you've used every doctor around here wouldn't Tennessee or Georgia be closer? I guess I just don't understand why Florida...
Route Driver

United States

#2 Apr 11, 2009
you can buy lortab,vicoden etc over the counter in florida without even having to sign your name.thats why they go
WTF

Ocala, FL

#3 Apr 12, 2009
what dummy believes this?
lmao

Richmond, KY

#4 Apr 12, 2009
who in God's name posted this garbage? I wish you had to put your name beside of it, because this has to be the dumbest person ever to live "Route Driver".
Kygirl07

Pikeville, KY

#5 Apr 12, 2009
No, the reason is because Florida is one of 12 states that doesn't have a monitoring tracking system. I just learned that today. It's in the Herald Leader.
ur stupid

Mount Sterling, KY

#6 Apr 13, 2009
Route Driver wrote:
you can buy lortab,vicoden etc over the counter in florida without even having to sign your name.thats why they go
you can buy lortab or vacodine over the counter there..thats the bumbest thing ive ever heard. they go because the doctors there prescribe perk 30s and xanex in mass quantities. and they dont even have to have any serious injury...you cant do that here. its just like before when everybody was getting scripts through the mail..then they cut that off..now they just got to fl.
cupcake

Winchester, KY

#7 Apr 13, 2009
When are the authorities in Florida gonna put an end to all these Kentucky people going to and from there for pills? Can't they get in trouble for interstate trafficking or something? I think that they should crack down on this and that would end alot of the drug problems we have here locally. Aren't they going to do anything about it? I don't see how that can keep going on. The DEA should step in or something. What goes on in Florida needs to stay in Florida and not be brought back here to kill off our young people.
agree

Richmond, KY

#8 Apr 13, 2009
how many people have to die before they stop this crap? Why do they need to distribute this many pills? Nobody can be in that much pain and drive all the way to florida just for pills. It's just a vicious cycle people. You say you're in pain. well detox from them pills and do without them for a while you'll see they really didn't help you at all.
cupcake

Winchester, KY

#9 Apr 13, 2009
Another thing, if these people claim they are "in sooooo much pain", then how can they stand a 14-16 hour ride in the car to get all the way to Florida for drugs? I think its for selling them and for getting f%#*ked up!!!!!
Maybe So James

Richmond, KY

#10 Apr 14, 2009
It isn't illegal to go to the doctor in Florida, a doctor is a doctor. If you changed the law forbidding people to choose doctors in other states, then you've opened the door to legislating what doctor you can or can't use. Thus, if someone drives to a doctor's office in Florida, the doctor prescribes medication and that person drives back into Kentucky with that medication in its proper container, there is nothing illegal going on. If a doctor writes you a prescription for ten thousand Oxycontin, then you have the right to possess ten thousand Oxycontin... albeit in a very large container.

Florida, however, does not have laws that prevent doctor shopping, as many other states (ourselves included) have. There is nothing preventing you from hitting up ten different doctors in the Florida panhandle for the same ailment, racking up piles of pills and heading home.

That's why these folks are making the trip. It certainly has nothing to do with buying over-the-counter Vicodin, which is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.
cupcake

Winchester, KY

#11 Apr 15, 2009
IT ISN'T ILLEGAL, HUH? MAYBE YOU NEED TO READ THE ARTICLES IN TODAY'S(4-15-09) LEXINGTON HERALD-LEADER. NEED I SAY MORE?

Since: Oct 09

Winchester, KY

#12 Nov 15, 2009
cupcake wrote:
IT ISN'T ILLEGAL, HUH? MAYBE YOU NEED TO READ THE ARTICLES IN TODAY'S(4-15-09) LEXINGTON HERALD-LEADER. NEED I SAY MORE?
You idiot it is not illegal to go to a doctor in Florida. It is NOT illegal to bring the pills back up here. As long as there prescription is with the person it is prescribed for and the correct pills is accounted for and there is no more or no less it is not illegal. That's why law enforcement waits for them to sell them. That's why they are trying to get the law changed in Florida to not only monitor the Doctors and the clinics. Go to this link and watch this documentary. http://current.com/items/91183979_the-oxycont...
Someone who knows

Lexington, KY

#13 Nov 15, 2009
DantesInferno is right guys, I am in law enforcement and it is not illegal to travel out of state to see a doctor or get a perscription. All they need is an MRI showing something wrong with them to get what they want and at the moment, Florida doctors are being taken out of Florida and brought to Kentucky for "tampering" with MRI to make it appear that something is wrong. Anyone inolved in out of state trips are currently under investigation whether they know it or not.
buttercup

United States

#14 Nov 16, 2009
Why is it that you have many [i'm assuming ]under watch and yet more people are dying from drugs and nothing is being done..Is this what the year of 2009 is going to be remembered for???The year that so many died wanting to get high. How sad ,I noticed that it don't take long for the [police] to get [pot-weed ] and hell i no of no- one dying from smoking pot ,but look how many have died and are still dying from pills and mixing pills just to get high.I think the [law] should leave them alone when it is only weed [ only weed- only weed ]i know that is a drug too BUT it is herbs from the earth and for many years that is what the early people AND the indians used and it is a natural herb ....well i can hear it now [ drugs are drugs no matter if it is pills or weed . Let's hear it folks ....get it out of your system ,give me hell....BUT iam right about this and you know it ...

Since: Oct 09

Winchester, KY

#15 Nov 17, 2009
buttercup wrote:
Why is it that you have many [i'm assuming ]under watch and yet more people are dying from drugs and nothing is being done..Is this what the year of 2009 is going to be remembered for???The year that so many died wanting to get high. How sad ,I noticed that it don't take long for the [police] to get [pot-weed ] and hell i no of no- one dying from smoking pot ,but look how many have died and are still dying from pills and mixing pills just to get high.I think the [law] should leave them alone when it is only weed [ only weed- only weed ]i know that is a drug too BUT it is herbs from the earth and for many years that is what the early people AND the indians used and it is a natural herb ....well i can hear it now [ drugs are drugs no matter if it is pills or weed . Let's hear it folks ....get it out of your system ,give me hell....BUT iam right about this and you know it ...
The authorities have to catch them selling them or abusing them before they can act. If someone calls them and says so and so is selling pills or abusing them, the cops just can't go and arrest them based on hearsay. There has to be evidence. If someone calls and says I have so and so on video tape selling then they can do something. If someone is willing to buy from them for the cops then they can do something. Sadly it is a long wait to gather enough evidence to do something and people are dying it sucks but that's the process.

As far as pot goes, I think it should be in the same class as Alcohol-that's my opinion. Nobody has overdosed from smoking pot but there have been deaths do to driving while under the influence. There are a lot of good uses for it when it's used properly and not laced with anything and just the herb itself. I have read it's being tested on persons with mental illnesses such as bipolar and ADHD and so far it has shown positive results.
stand up

Hillsboro, OH

#17 Dec 28, 2009
maybe if the law enforcement would concentrate on arresting people in high places that they know about,who are the big time dealers and quit wasting their time on the little people,they might be able to make some progress,but their to afraid to butt heads with some of them,because they might have to arrest some so called respected and important people in the area.
Easy Street

Winter Park, FL

#18 Dec 29, 2009
On my way back with some will be having a new years day sale!!!!
Waymore Blues

Crab Orchard, KY

#19 Dec 30, 2009
Easy Street wrote:
On my way back with some will be having a new years day sale!!!!
If I buy 10 or more can I get them for 15!!! IF SO YOU BETTER BUILD A DRIVE THRU AND PUT SOME GOOD, HONEST, POCO PEOPLE TO WORK.
sharlet

United States

#20 Dec 30, 2009
stand up wrote:
maybe if the law enforcement would concentrate on arresting people in high places that they know about,who are the big time dealers and quit wasting their time on the little people,they might be able to make some progress,but their to afraid to butt heads with some of them,because they might have to arrest some so called respected and important people in the area.
who would you say are the "big time dealers"?
CupCake

United States

#21 Dec 31, 2009
Easy Street wrote:
On my way back with some will be having a new years day sale!!!!
Hope you don't make it back....I hope your ass gets arrested before you make it to the Kentucky state line. Once your family has to suffer a loss due to that shit then you'll exactly where I'm coming from. May this trip be your last.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clay City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ashley Woosley AKA Lynn Woosley AKA Ashley Ande... 1 hr James 4
Tree Fort (Jun '14) 2 hr Hot -N- Heavy 1,255
Good DOCTOR 2 hr Huh 2
Sams Hot Dogs Thu straightshooter 5
do u know heather tipton (Nov '10) Apr 14 fed up and tired 7
women Apr 13 SouthernHeat 7
melissa eversole?? Apr 11 candyman1990 9
More from around the web

Clay City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]