Suzy

Flowery Branch, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2009

Does anyone have any information on a killing of an inmate at Reidsville state prison in 1964.
Sarah

Jersey, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2009

does anyone know any way i can find inmates for free...im trying to find my dad
Ashley

Metter, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2009

Sarah wrote:
does anyone know any way i can find inmates for free...im trying to find my dad
Go to the Ga department of corrections website and click on inmate query then type in his name.
Battle Creek Warrior

Stone Mountain, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2009

Seekking an old school mate. Jason "Porkchop" Groover from Glennville. Can any one help?
Merrill

Newnan, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2010

I think my grandfather may have died in Reidsville prison in the 1940s...Is there anyway to find out???
And if he died in prison, where would he be buried??
Corbi

Statesboro, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2011

Merrill wrote:
I think my grandfather may have died in Reidsville prison in the 1940s...Is there anyway to find out???
Yes If noone Claimed Your GrandFather he will be buried a mile down the Road from Gerorgia State Prison In reidsville GA In The Georgia Dept of Corrections Cemetary Contact GSP for info
sfcvickers

Rincon, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2012

Merrill wrote:
Send me his name to sfcvickers@yahoo.com I have a book of inmates that died there and not claimed.
Darryl
Merrill

Newnan, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2012

Corbi wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes If noone Claimed Your GrandFather he will be buried a mile down the Road from Gerorgia State Prison In reidsville GA In The Georgia Dept of Corrections Cemetary Contact GSP for info
thank you
Merrill

Newnan, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2012

sfcvickers wrote:
<quoted text>
Send me his name to sfcvickers@yahoo.com I have a book of inmates that died there and not claimed.
Darryl
Thank you, I will
Dan Laughridge

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

My Grandfather,Tom Rogers was a security guard in tower number one for over 30 yeads.He also owned the convient store dirctly accross the street from
the main gate As a youg boy in the 60s I visited the prison freqently and a trustee was assigned to me to make sure I did not get in troble. The womens
state prison was down the road near the swimming pool. I remenber the chain gangs,the prisoners working the farms and the blood hound kennels. It
was Cool Hand Luke in real life.What an experience
for a young lad.
mike

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Merrill wrote:
this post is over 2 years old but there is a prisoner cemetary just down the road from reidsville prison.
Bill Clontz

Savannah, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

The prison mentioned here was known as "Piss Ant Hill" and was the burial place for most unclaimed inmates who died there. It was rumored that many earlier inmates were buried underneath the large concrete slab behind the old mess hall because their deaths were questionable and that they were listed as escapees. In the first movie "Longest Yard" the cemetary is used as in a scene where a inmate was murdered by another inmate. If there is a list of these names of buried inmates, where can it be located ?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 12 of12
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Claxton Discussions

Search the Claxton Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 6 min silverfox 47,793
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) Fri Mason II 2,039
Another employee suspended at Rogers State Prison (Sep '06) Thu MississippiGem 146
Review: Bass Automotive Jul 3 grace9964 1
Klingbeil/Farley murder suicide 2006 (Mar '11) Jun 25 Toni 10
Debate: Marijuana - Hinesville, GA (Sep '10) Jun 22 weavinggoddess 46
Military should have to live on post (Oct '13) Jun 19 Too Dependent 6
•••
•••
•••
•••

Claxton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••