5 men recently sentenced for copper t...

5 men recently sentenced for copper theft

There are 81 comments on the Daily Dunklin Democrat story from Nov 16, 2008, titled 5 men recently sentenced for copper theft. In it, Daily Dunklin Democrat reports that:

Dunklin County Prosecu-ting Attorney Stephen Soko-loff and Assistant Prosecuting Attorney Jonce Chidister announced on Wednesday, Oct.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Dunklin Democrat.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
who

Florissant, MO

#1 Nov 17, 2008
what were there names and where were they from
guest

Fairmont, WV

#2 Nov 17, 2008
it says in them paper what there names where and where thay was from

Frankie Pitts and Jimmy Linley, both of Kennett, were sentenced on Sept. 10, by Presiding Circuit Judge Stephen Sharp to three years and seven years

On Oct. 8, Donald Fowler, of Holcomb, Mo., and Charles Thompson, of Clarkton, Mo., were each sentenced to five years in the Department of Corrections

Robert King, of Clarkton, who was sentenced to seven years in the Department of Correc-tions on Oct. 22
friend

United States

#5 Nov 17, 2008
i know two of the people
big daddy

Fairmont, WV

#6 Nov 17, 2008
they need locked up.
Truth

New Harmony, IN

#7 Nov 17, 2008
Wow you guys are talking crap about something you know nothing to very little about. The truth is I know for a fact that one of the men was innocent but since he had prior trouble and Tony doesn't like him, he didn't stand a chance. The court had no evidence against my friend besides being pointed out by the low life peice of crap, Charles Thompson. Let me catch that guy out, trust me he would feel me coming. Kinda funny how they take someone they caught redhanded and let him point out whoever he wants. I could go uptown and say "Tony touched my private area." It would be my word against his. That's all this is about. They have no physical evidence against atleast one of these men. Innocent until proven guilty? Hah, not in small town politics, its "If big bad Chief says your guilty, your guilty." That's alright, Kharma has a way of finding these low lifes. By the way, I hope the court system is proud for making matters worse by putting a man trying to straighten his life up behind bars and giving him no reason to try. I'm disgusted..
twiggy

Clarkton, MO

#8 Nov 17, 2008
Truth wrote:
Wow you guys are talking crap about something you know nothing to very little about. The truth is I know for a fact that one of the men was innocent but since he had prior trouble and Tony doesn't like him, he didn't stand a chance. The court had no evidence against my friend besides being pointed out by the low life peice of crap, Charles Thompson. Let me catch that guy out, trust me he would feel me coming. Kinda funny how they take someone they caught redhanded and let him point out whoever he wants. I could go uptown and say "Tony touched my private area." It would be my word against his. That's all this is about. They have no physical evidence against atleast one of these men. Innocent until proven guilty? Hah, not in small town politics, its "If big bad Chief says your guilty, your guilty." That's alright, Kharma has a way of finding these low lifes. By the way, I hope the court system is proud for making matters worse by putting a man trying to straighten his life up behind bars and giving him no reason to try. I'm disgusted..
,,sounds like you ought to be locked up with your friend keep you off the street with all your anger ,,,,,hope your friend is butt raped the most of the convicted thiefs,,,,,,,,
Truth

New Harmony, IN

#9 Nov 17, 2008
Your sentence structure is real impressive, and all those comma's. Wow, how is your second grade education going for you. I was just saying, the court system around here doesn't believe in justice, it believes in vigilante, conviction without evidence. By the way, two plus two isn't three Twiggy regardless of what your sister tells you when you lie together at night.
Justice

Farmington, MO

#10 Nov 17, 2008
I don't believe they just lock up "innocent" people that someone pointed out. There had to be evidence or they would not do time. Do you really think your friend was innocent? NOT LIKELY AT ALL.
farmer stolen from

United States

#11 Nov 17, 2008
Truth wrote:
Wow you guys are talking crap about something you know nothing to very little about. The truth is I know for a fact that one of the men was innocent but since he had prior trouble and Tony doesn't like him, he didn't stand a chance. The court had no evidence against my friend besides being pointed out by the low life peice of crap, Charles Thompson. Let me catch that guy out, trust me he would feel me coming. Kinda funny how they take someone they caught redhanded and let him point out whoever he wants. I could go uptown and say "Tony touched my private area." It would be my word against his. That's all this is about. They have no physical evidence against atleast one of these men. Innocent until proven guilty? Hah, not in small town politics, its "If big bad Chief says your guilty, your guilty." That's alright, Kharma has a way of finding these low lifes. By the way, I hope the court system is proud for making matters worse by putting a man trying to straighten his life up behind bars and giving him no reason to try. I'm disgusted..
Just wait for them to be out, if I heard right, your crap friend, Thompson, will be out in 6 months or less.....what justice.
toofarright

United States

#12 Nov 17, 2008
guest wrote:
it says in them paper what there names where and where thay was from
Frankie Pitts and Jimmy Linley, both of Kennett, were sentenced on Sept. 10, by Presiding Circuit Judge Stephen Sharp to three years and seven years
On Oct. 8, Donald Fowler, of Holcomb, Mo., and Charles Thompson, of Clarkton, Mo., were each sentenced to five years in the Department of Corrections
Robert King, of Clarkton, who was sentenced to seven years in the Department of Correc-tions on Oct. 22
What a bunch of losers.
Justice

Farmington, MO

#13 Nov 17, 2008
They might seem like a bunch of losers to you. But, have you ever stopped to think about some of them? One of them that I know...had a crappy life. Neither parent wanted him. He never had a chance in hell!!!! Deep inside he wants to do good, but he just can't seem to get his act together. I hope that he can learn from this mistake and turn his life around. I wish like everything he had made different choices---but when you never really have had good role models in your life--it's hard to do the right thing for intrinsic reasons...environment plays a big part in your life choices. I'm not making excuses...just asking for compassion and prayers for him to turn his life around.
paper reader

United States

#14 Nov 17, 2008
Truth wrote:
Wow you guys are talking crap about something you know nothing to very little about. The truth is I know for a fact that one of the men was innocent but since he had prior trouble and Tony doesn't like him, he didn't stand a chance. The court had no evidence against my friend besides being pointed out by the low life peice of crap, Charles Thompson. Let me catch that guy out, trust me he would feel me coming. Kinda funny how they take someone they caught redhanded and let him point out whoever he wants. I could go uptown and say "Tony touched my private area." It would be my word against his. That's all this is about. They have no physical evidence against atleast one of these men. Innocent until proven guilty? Hah, not in small town politics, its "If big bad Chief says your guilty, your guilty." That's alright, Kharma has a way of finding these low lifes. By the way, I hope the court system is proud for making matters worse by putting a man trying to straighten his life up behind bars and giving him no reason to try. I'm disgusted..
The article said that all of the defendents pleaded GUILTY. They all said that they were the ones....not an innocent victims like you said. You should read the paper and know the facts before smart-mouth everyone.
farmer stolen from

United States

#15 Nov 17, 2008
Justice wrote:
They might seem like a bunch of losers to you. But, have you ever stopped to think about some of them? One of them that I know...had a crappy life. Neither parent wanted him. He never had a chance in hell!!!! Deep inside he wants to do good, but he just can't seem to get his act together. I hope that he can learn from this mistake and turn his life around. I wish like everything he had made different choices---but when you never really have had good role models in your life--it's hard to do the right thing for intrinsic reasons...environment plays a big part in your life choices. I'm not making excuses...just asking for compassion and prayers for him to turn his life around.
compassion? How about pay back for the copper stolen? which one are you talking about? what has he done lately to "turn his life around"?
Truth

New Harmony, IN

#16 Nov 17, 2008
Justice wrote:
I don't believe they just lock up "innocent" people that someone pointed out. There had to be evidence or they would not do time. Do you really think your friend was innocent? NOT LIKELY AT ALL.
Your right, our local justice system never just bullies people into pointing out just anyone. Or perhaps they never put preasure on someone without a lawyer. Or better yet, how about the fact that all the local lawyers are friends with the prosecution. The fact is, they pick up one person and then go on every person he points out, then pick up innocent people trying to get them to admit. They threaten them with 10-20 years of prison unless they "take a deal" where they have to sit in jail a year anyways waiting on -justice- to be served. Now I feel bad for the farmers who had thousands of damage done to them over a few hundred dollars, I just don't agree with atleast one of the people being locked up.
Truth

New Harmony, IN

#17 Nov 17, 2008
paper reader wrote:
<quoted text>The article said that all of the defendents pleaded GUILTY. They all said that they were the ones....not an innocent victims like you said. You should read the paper and know the facts before smart-mouth everyone.
The DA said either give their version of -guilt- or wait for a year or two ANYWAYS looking for some way out of the spiderweb that is created.
I agree, one of these people, the one I'm defending had quit hanging out with all of his old friends and was trying to fly straight. But then again I know half of these guys personally and you only know what you "Read"
my thoughts on it

United States

#18 Nov 17, 2008
Justice wrote:
They might seem like a bunch of losers to you. But, have you ever stopped to think about some of them? One of them that I know...had a crappy life. Neither parent wanted him. He never had a chance in hell!!!! Deep inside he wants to do good, but he just can't seem to get his act together. I hope that he can learn from this mistake and turn his life around. I wish like everything he had made different choices---but when you never really have had good role models in your life--it's hard to do the right thing for intrinsic reasons...environment plays a big part in your life choices. I'm not making excuses...just asking for compassion and prayers for him to turn his life around.
If he truly wants to turn his life around, he will have that opportunity in prison. There are chaplains there who will be able to minister to his spiritual needs.

A person is often known by the company he keeps. Even if he is innocent, if he was aware of what was going on, and did not take a stand to stop it, then he is just as guilty of stealing from the farmers as if he did it himself.
concerned citizen

Clarkton, MO

#19 Nov 18, 2008
......i know charlie real well while he wasn't stealing copper he was breaking into cars,,, boat's at the lake anything for a buck to get a drink...yah he was really trying to straigten himself out as you say...B S when he gets out he'll do the same want to bet ????
sick of crybabies

Kennett, MO

#20 Nov 18, 2008
A few people are feeling sorry for these guys, but the true fact is that it doesn't matter if they had a bad life growing up, it matters what you do with life when you have a chance to change. A person either is a good or bad person and no in between. All criminals should have long sentences to reflect on what they did and that if caught again should do minimum of 15 years. I think that the death penalty should include alot of other crimes and only allow one appeal and if that fails, they should be put to death within 30 days after and not 20 years.

“WHO, WHAT, WHEN, WHERE, WHY”

Since: Nov 08

Kennett

#21 Nov 18, 2008
sick of crybabies wrote:
A few people are feeling sorry for these guys, but the true fact is that it doesn't matter if they had a bad life growing up, it matters what you do with life when you have a chance to change. A person either is a good or bad person and no in between. All criminals should have long sentences to reflect on what they did and that if caught again should do minimum of 15 years. I think that the death penalty should include alot of other crimes and only allow one appeal and if that fails, they should be put to death within 30 days after and not 20 years.
You are wrong. We all have the capacity for good and evil; indeed, it is a fine line between the two and I daresay that you yourself have ventured forth on both sides of that line. We teeter...we totter...we all fall down (especially in our teen years). Some of us just happen to be lucky enough to have loved ones to help pick us up, dust us off, and put us back on the right path...others don't. Don't judge, lest you be judged!!!
bob

United States

#22 Nov 18, 2008
big daddy wrote:
they need locked up.
yea

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clarkton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ashlie Myers (Apr '12) 1 hr Get Your Facts St... 13
Karate 3 hr Remote 1
Garland Zimmerman (Aug '09) 17 hr Denise Carver Box 37
PS4 for Sale? Mon Crappie11 6
who is a single woman (Oct '12) Mon Sun shine 12
Yo Momma Jul 3 Sniper1 2
why do the great guys get hurt? Jul 2 haley 4
More from around the web

Clarkton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Clarkton Mortgages