First Prev
of 7
Next Last
reindeer fan

Orleans, IN

#1 Apr 14, 2012
Does anyone have an idea who the school board at Clarkton will hire to take place of Mr. Thornton?
dummie

Florissant, MO

#2 Apr 14, 2012
Simon LeGree, I think.
Who

Saint Charles, MO

#3 Apr 14, 2012
Who is taking Mr. Britain and Burkhalters place and is Mrs. Thorong leaving too??
what

United States

#4 Apr 14, 2012
I hadn't heard anything about this! Why is he leaving? He's such a good principal, he will be missed.:(
wow

Saint Louis, MO

#5 Apr 17, 2012
Wow Mr. Thornton is leaving? hmm wonder why? Who the crap is Simon LeGree anyway? Mrs. Burkalters is leaving, Awesome, That's the best news i've heard. Mr. Britain will be missed. I was his FTA one year. He is a sweet person. And who is Mrs. Thorong? What is Clarkton doing wrong with soo many leaving, with the exception of one person it is fairly disappointing.
know

Saint Louis, MO

#6 Apr 18, 2012
Yes Mrs Thornton is leaving too. And to inform you Philip is trying to get the board to let him do the job of both principal and superident and I think it is wrong. He has no business doing both. Plus Toby Richardson supposly is taking Britains place with out the job being announced as open. Must be nice having a Daddy on the board.

United States

#7 Apr 18, 2012
That whole school is ridiculous. Nepotism Is wrong. The school board has to realize how silly the school district looks. Start hiring people based on their credentials, not their last name.

United States

#8 Apr 18, 2012
know wrote:
Yes Mrs Thornton is leaving too. And to inform you Philip is trying to get the board to let him do the job of both principal and superident and I think it is wrong. He has no business doing both. Plus Toby Richardson supposly is taking Britains place with out the job being announced as open. Must be nice having a Daddy on the board.
Why not just make Philip the super, principal, counselor, librarian and teacher. Then he can criticize, demoralize and penalize himself. And when he screws up, he only has himself to blame.
reindeer fan

Orleans, IN

#9 Apr 18, 2012
The news gets better for you BB fans. Mr. Beckwith maybe coming back as principal and coach.

I found out that Mr. Thorton has a superintendent job waiting for him in Springfield. He will be missed!
sad

Kennett, MO

#10 Apr 18, 2012
Mrs. Thorton is the best! My daughter absolutely loved her. It is a sad day for the school two lose two great educators.
Hey

Dexter, MO

#11 Apr 19, 2012
No mater what you think, it seems many schools hire based on name alone.
sad

Kennett, MO

#13 Apr 19, 2012
sad wrote:
Mrs. Thorton is the best! My daughter absolutely loved her. It is a sad day for the school two lose two great educators.
to even...lol
Why not just ask

Malden, MO

#14 Apr 19, 2012
Well, first of all Tolby Richardson has applied for the job, but the job has NOT been filled and it IS listed. People ASSUME something will happen and pass it on as fact. The fact is, the job is listed and open. If Tolby's the best candidate for the job, then he'll get it. I think it would be great! I think it's great to see one of our own come back to serve the commmunity. I would also like to say that if the board votes on whether or not to hire Tolby, his Dad will not be present or cast a vote.
Mr. Thornton got a job in the Springfield area that will lead him into a Superintendents position. It is definitely sad that he is leaving, but it's a great opportunity for him and one he deserves.
These gentleman are leaving our school not because something is "wrong" with it, but because one is retiring and the other has a higher position available to them somewhere else. We have school board members that are more than willing to answer any questions or concerns you all have about what's going on at the school. Why not ask before slandering them for something they haven't done??
WOW1

Saint Louis, MO

#15 Apr 20, 2012
Why not just ask. no one slander anyone. You are just making an azz out of yourself by making people upset. You could have said your peace and not ended the way you did. oh well I believe it was stated before you that the thorntons were going to springfield and almost all of us know that the job is listed and then the position is filled accordingly. thanx for pointing that out NOT...
Best of luck Mr. and Mrs Thornton, Mr. Britian you all will be missed...
i know

Saint Louis, MO

#17 Apr 20, 2012
I do not feel that phillip should get both jobs.he already makes 70,000 a year.there are alot of problems in the school(mostly family).hope ylre,wanda,and reid make changes that are over due.NEW SUPERINTENDANT.and audit by state.
whatever

Saint Louis, MO

#18 Apr 20, 2012
Why not just ask wrote:
Well, first of all Tolby Richardson has applied for the job, but the job has NOT been filled and it IS listed. People ASSUME something will happen and pass it on as fact. The fact is, the job is listed and open. If Tolby's the best candidate for the job, then he'll get it. I think it would be great! I think it's great to see one of our own come back to serve the commmunity. I would also like to say that if the board votes on whether or not to hire Tolby, his Dad will not be present or cast a vote.
Mr. Thornton got a job in the Springfield area that will lead him into a Superintendents position. It is definitely sad that he is leaving, but it's a great opportunity for him and one he deserves.
These gentleman are leaving our school not because something is "wrong" with it, but because one is retiring and the other has a higher position available to them somewhere else. We have school board members that are more than willing to answer any questions or concerns you all have about what's going on at the school. Why not ask before slandering them for something they haven't done??
Just so you know I have also hear the exact thing "KNOW" stated. so maybe you need to go ask. Philip himself is the one that said he was going to do both jobs AND Mr Britian himself announced to several of the science class back at Christmas that Tolby was already being hired. It might all be informal but it's already a done deal unless ppl kick up about it. Not says Tobly might not be a good choice But when you ask good luck with Philip telling you the truth, because it wont happen!!
baby momma

Louisville, CO

#19 Apr 26, 2012
Lets hire a new principal that beats women. Go clarkton C-4. I know a drug dealer that needs a job lets hire him. Lets andvertise for a pedophile to be a teacher at clarkton. GO BECKWITH
Why Not Just Ask

Malden, MO

#20 Apr 26, 2012
LOL So I'm clueless? I said that Phillip was not going to get both jobs and he did NOT. I said Tolby was not already hired for the science job and he was NOT nor has he been. They didn't choose any of the candidates and have extended the application process. I said Mr. Thornton got a great job offer and that's why he is leaving which is also true. So what was I clueless about? There was definitely slandering going on when youre accusing people of doing things that haven't been done, like giving Phillip both jobs and giving Tolby the science job without even posting the job. My point was to ask the people that know instead of continuing to spread gossip.

I would also agree with your comment 'baby momma'. Very interesting choice from a bunch of people that say they want whats best for our kids.
Understanding

Saint Louis, MO

#21 Apr 26, 2012
I don't get how they could hire someone to be around kids who obviously has anger issues... Is basketball really that important? How many of those school board members have kids in elementary right now? Do they not think about what the VOTERS would want? That is why they are elected to fill those positions, isn't it? I understand that you can't please everyone all the time, but COME ON! Hiring a person who is obviously MORALLY CORRUPT is not in the best interest of our children. Maybe what this school needs is new board members who will do what it takes to provide our students with the best education possible, not the town with a winning basketball team!
Understanding

Saint Louis, MO

#22 Apr 26, 2012
Here is the link to the newspaper article where he was fired from his last job because he beat his girlfriend on a school trip... But I'm sure he'll behave much better for Clarkton...

http://www.semissourian.com/story/1723168.htm...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clarkton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
sexiest tat on a female? 3 hr Just me 5
Does Risco cop have a girl friend??? 4 hr American_Jihad 5
kris storey aka buck 6 hr meme 19
looking for a female 4 a 3sum 6 hr Teddy 34
Anyone know Dalton Cunningham? 7 hr Lilly 1
Dollar General Store 10 hr Sudup 26
Swinging (Aug '13) Tue Church lady 10
More from around the web

Clarkton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE