Malden, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2012

Judged:

The Clarkton School District has lost a large number of students in the last 10 years.(about 100) The high school is becoming a dangerous place due to a lack of discipline. Apathy is rampant among students and staff, and students are leaving school without the tools to make it in the real world. The one building that has carried the school in good test scores and well behaved students is the elementary school and now the new principal that leads them has a record of poor and violent behavior. There is sure to be a large number of parents take their kids out of Clarkton school again this year and the bottom line is that when students leave, the money is not there to have the school. With the recent decisions made by Mr. Harrison and the school board, the day for consolidation and dividing the children at Clarkton and sending them to area schools is getting closer. What a shame. The boards hiring of incompetent people to lead the school only makes this process move faster. GET READY CLARKTON RESIDENTS. The countdown for closing this school has started.
Iron Eagle

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2012

Judged:

A few questions:
1. Blame the board for hiring incompetents??? Who, with the proper credentials, wants to work in the Clarkton Schools? Even you describe it as a losing proposition.
2. If the students are as bad as you say, who would want them moving in to drag their school down to the "Clarkton level"?
3. Clarkton has little to make it an attractive target in any kind of colnsolidation. What is the assessed valuation? Very low, I suspect.

As my friend told me the other day, "You can mix sh*t and ice cream - it don't hurt the sh*t but it ruins the ice cream." Good luck but I think you may have waited too long already.
Jerri Ann

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2012

Judged:

Clarkton alumni wrote:
The Clarkton School District has lost a large number of students in the last 10 years.(about 100) The high school is becoming a dangerous place due to a lack of discipline. Apathy is rampant among students and staff, and students are leaving school without the tools to make it in the real world. The one building that has carried the school in good test scores and well behaved students is the elementary school and now the new principal that leads them has a record of poor and violent behavior. There is sure to be a large number of parents take their kids out of Clarkton school again this year and the bottom line is that when students leave, the money is not there to have the school. With the recent decisions made by Mr. Harrison and the school board, the day for consolidation and dividing the children at Clarkton and sending them to area schools is getting closer. What a shame. The boards hiring of incompetent people to lead the school only makes this process move faster. GET READY CLARKTON RESIDENTS. The countdown for closing this school has started.
And you know all of this fantastic information how?

Just another trouble maker who has actually knows NOTHING!

Typical!!!
Tyler

Qulin, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2012

Judged:

Love you Jerri Ann, you are the future of Clarkton.
melba

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

Is clarkton school closing down?
bobbi jo

Florissant, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

melba wrote:
Is clarkton school closing down?
we hope so!!!!!!
WHY

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Why in the world would someone HOPE after a post that Clarkton School is closing down?-I rarely post on this site although I do read it (which is prolly just as bad) but still.. I went to this school and I loved it! I know some things are happening and taking place there that you don't approve or agree of but people.. we as a community got to stick together and realize that over the (bad) there is also good. I have many fond memories at that school, and some of the Teachers there were the best. Although a lot of the staff has changed since i've been there I know we still have a few great teachers left. I hope and pray this insane post isn't true.
bobbi jo

Florissant, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

WHY wrote:
Why in the world would someone HOPE after a post that Clarkton School is closing down?-I rarely post on this site although I do read it (which is prolly just as bad) but still.. I went to this school and I loved it! I know some things are happening and taking place there that you don't approve or agree of but people.. we as a community got to stick together and realize that over the (bad) there is also good. I have many fond memories at that school, and some of the Teachers there were the best. Although a lot of the staff has changed since i've been there I know we still have a few great teachers left. I hope and pray this insane post isn't true.
I hope it is. I needs to be too much corruption.
Just gotta ask

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

bobbi jo wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope it is. I needs to be too much corruption.
CORRUPTION??? What we have some mafia brothers? HA.
Clarkton BB fan

Brazil, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

Judged:

WHY wrote:
Clarkton still has some excellent teachers in the elementary school. The high school has been failing for years and students are not getting a good education. Because of the all the turmoil of good families and students leaving, money is drying up and Clarkton is facing consolidation. When you talk to the school board, all they are interested in is having a good basketball coach and a good team. Academics are not a priority. The problem is, there is not going to be enough good kids left to be able to offer a good education or to field a good team. It is sad!
Jerri Ann

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Judged:

Clarkton BB fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Clarkton still has some excellent teachers in the elementary school. The high school has been failing for years and students are not getting a good education. Because of the all the turmoil of good families and students leaving, money is drying up and Clarkton is facing consolidation. When you talk to the school board, all they are interested in is having a good basketball coach and a good team. Academics are not a priority. The problem is, there is not going to be enough good kids left to be able to offer a good education or to field a good team. It is sad!
Again, I ask, you know all of this how?

"High School failing for years and students not getting a good education" - You have the test scores to back this up, of course.

"When you talk to the school board..." - My bet that you havwe never been to a school board meeting.

"Academics are not a priority" - Is this a new part of the school's Mission Statement, or is this something that you just made up?

"...enough good kids to offer a good education..." - Are you saying that most of the kids in Clarkton School are BAD kids?

What is "...sad..." is your misinformation and failure to support the school, staff and administration.
bobbi jo

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2012

Judged:

Jerri Ann wrote:
<quoted text>Again, I ask, you know all of this how?

"High School failing for years and students not getting a good education" - You have the test scores to back this up, of course.

"When you talk to the school board..." - My bet that you havwe never been to a school board meeting.

"Academics are not a priority" - Is this a new part of the school's Mission Statement, or is this something that you just made up?

"...enough good kids to offer a good education..." - Are you saying that most of the kids in Clarkton School are BAD kids?

What is "...sad..." is your misinformation and failure to support the school, staff and administration.
the school should be shut down. The roof getting ripped off should be a big enough sign
THE WATCHER

Fernley, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2012

Clarkton alumni wrote:
Almost sounds like your talking about Campbell School!
Jerri Ann

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

bobbi jo wrote:
<quoted text>
the school should be shut down. The roof getting ripped off should be a big enough sign
A dropout or Academic failure - or both.
bobbi jo

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

Jerri Ann wrote:
<quoted text>A dropout or Academic failure - or both.
nope I'm more educated than you.
Tyler

Qulin, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

Judged:

Dr. Jerri Ann to you!
Wanda

Euless, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

Judged:

Thats why I got the Superintendents Secretary to quit so I can have her job because I love all the bullshit that goes on in this school system. Being on the board wasn't good enough for me, I want to be right in the middle of it all. Thanks for Voting Wanda Bolin
bobbi jo

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2012

Tyler wrote:
Dr. Jerri Ann to you!
I'm more educated than you as well Tyler. If jeri Ann has any education I would be surprised.
Jerri Ann

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2012

bobbi jo wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm more educated than you as well Tyler. If jeri Ann has any education I would be surprised.
Now, that's not fair. I made it to the 7th grade
Curious

Dexter, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2012

Judged:

I'm just wondering why a member of the school board is on topix anyway? Classy....But from what Mrs.Bolin says Tyler or Tina isn't very bright anyway. If they were they wouldn't hang around someone who tells ALL their business.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Clarkton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Clarkton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Clarkton News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Clarkton