Election Results
old timer

Neck City, MO

#1 Apr 8, 2008
Could someone please post the election results when it is known. Good Luck to All!
curious

De Soto, MO

#2 Apr 8, 2008
surely someone knows by now
Jerry Cunningham

Clarkton, MO

#3 Apr 8, 2008
i heard there was some kind of problem down at the court house in getting a correct vote. I dont know for sure but someone told me it was a vote count machine not acting right.
Chester

New Harmony, IN

#4 Apr 8, 2008
Hip Hip hurray!!!!! Jim did not win election!!!!!
Breaking News

Clarkton, MO

#5 Apr 8, 2008
School Tax Levy Ceiling Increased passed!

School Board members elected: Tina Roberts, Milton Ladymon, and Shawn Simpson.
to let you know

United States

#6 Apr 8, 2008
all the incumbents won in the school board election. The school issue to raise taxes passed.
Jerry Cunningham

Clarkton, MO

#7 Apr 8, 2008
i just heard, Shawn, Tina and Milton got reelected and the school tax levy passed.
old timer

Neck City, MO

#8 Apr 8, 2008
what were the vote counts?
a person

Kennett, MO

#9 Apr 9, 2008
Chester wrote:
Hip Hip hurray!!!!! Jim did not win election!!!!!
I TOTALLY agree!
just in

United States

#10 Apr 9, 2008
Vote counts:

Roberts: 218, Ladymon: 195, Simpson: 186, and
Calvert: 115. Came from the Kennett paper online. No word on the vote for the tax levy--other than it passed.
Reindeer Fan

Kennett, MO

#11 Apr 9, 2008
The passing of the tax levy was a positive thing for the future of the school in Clarkton. Without a lot of industry in the district, the tax payers have realized that the facilities at Clarkton must be maintained, upgraded and a safe place for children. I am very proud of this community and the positive changes that are being made in Clarkton. The A+ grant for the high school and the Reading First grant in the elementary are a couple of the things that are helping kids who are born in poverty to have a chance to get out of it, go to college, and make something out of their lives. And may I add, the Clarkton School Board has been a very progressive board with very little problems, and the Clarkton School Board election was an indication of the good things going on in this school. We always hear about problems in the area schools; but I am proud to
see the efforts being made at Clarkton to give kids a chance to succeed. Way to go voters!
great

Kennett, MO

#12 Apr 10, 2008
Chester wrote:
Hip Hip hurray!!!!! Jim did not win election!!!!!
Thank GOD!
concerned

Dexter, MO

#13 Apr 13, 2008
Reindeer Fan wrote:
The passing of the tax levy was a positive thing for the future of the school in Clarkton. Without a lot of industry in the district, the tax payers have realized that the facilities at Clarkton must be maintained, upgraded and a safe place for children. I am very proud of this community and the positive changes that are being made in Clarkton. The A+ grant for the high school and the Reading First grant in the elementary are a couple of the things that are helping kids who are born in poverty to have a chance to get out of it, go to college, and make something out of their lives. And may I add, the Clarkton School Board has been a very progressive board with very little problems, and the Clarkton School Board election was an indication of the good things going on in this school. We always hear about problems in the area schools; but I am proud to
see the efforts being made at Clarkton to give kids a chance to succeed. Way to go voters!
well a good start would be get a principal in the high school who could control the students and not have to call the police up there 3 times a day!
Chester

New Harmony, IN

#14 Apr 14, 2008
concerned wrote:
<quoted text>well a good start would be get a principal in the high school who could control the students and not have to call the police up there 3 times a day!
I think in todays society if we don't nip problems in the bud they will continue to grow. I think giving kids this taste of reallity maybe what they need. Fights are serious and should be delt with in a serious manor.
Student

Kansas City, MO

#15 Apr 14, 2008
Yea i agree with you there he really doesnt know what his doing at all!!!Hopefully his gone next year and we have sombody that can handle the stupid stuff us students do sometimes instead of getting the police
notagainguest

United States

#16 Apr 14, 2008
concerned wrote:
<quoted text>well a good start would be get a principal in the high school who could control the students and not have to call the police up there 3 times a day!
how a child acts at school ,reflects on the disipline they receive at home ..if parents don't take care to teach them respect for athority at home instead of running down those in charge of school , what else can you expect ..get away with it at home ,why do any different in public ..expell the trouble makers or send them some where that will teach them some respect..send them to BOOT CAMP or FIRST COMES DISIPLINE , THEN RESPECT ..seems to be same group students every time ...
1togrownon

Saint Louis, MO

#17 Apr 14, 2008
He's doing his job. If he didn't call the police, then you would have an issue with that. Get off his back. Mr. Johnson rocks!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clarkton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Yo Momma 3 hr Sniper1 2
Ashlie Myers (Apr '12) 6 hr Know for sure 12
who is a single woman (Oct '12) 8 hr Twerp 10
why do the great guys get hurt? Thu haley 4
Who's the hot assistant manager at flash market? (May '11) Wed truth 6
Wondering Tue hello 2
trash pick up Jun 29 homtown girl 1
More from around the web

Clarkton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Clarkton Mortgages