Posted in the Clarkton Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Tyler Miller

United States

#1 Oct 6, 2009
I wrote this about four days ago and just now posting it:
Well i have pondered this for the last eight hours and i have decided that alot of this needs to be said to clear alot of confusion and to get it off my chest:(Warning will be run-on sentences, and mispelled words probably typed very fast and didnt proof read)
-just to get started, i did work full time for clarkton school last year and three years prior to that as a sub and voluntary coach. Lets just say that few ever get to live their dream and i did...it was the best experience i will ever have!
-well i was very gratefull for the job i had at the school last year and wouldnt trade it for anything in the world. but i have not always been able to dedicate myself to school and college classes ect i stil remain un-certified. my own fault though! not making excuses...
Tyler Miller

United States

#2 Oct 6, 2009
-i was told this morning that coach blackburn had a conversation with a holcomb parent and the parent asked about me and how come i was not coaching and teaching ect at the school.. the response was given of some nature that i was let go and that i was only up there to try and take his job. first and for most that is so untrue i cant even explain it...and secondly if someone told coach blackburn that it was probably the same people that told me they wanted me to have his job. thats very mean for me to say but true. and i would have never said that had someone not try and ruin my name and what i have done in such a short time at CHS.
- the story that should have been told to this holcomb parent (not blake reeves by the way) was that in the summer of 08 i had a 2 hr long conversation with coach blackburn aking him if i could coach the junior varsity team the upcoming year. i done this at the request of a few board members and administration because it was and is his call as to who he has coaching the jv. we had a really good talk in his front yard and basically he told me that if me and him was on the same page by jan. i could take over the team as head coach. i left there kinda confused at how the talk ended but the more i thought about it, it was a slap in the face. and after i thought on it somemore i came to the conclusion that i didnt agree with letting players get technical fouls, cuss on the floor and in practice, have cell phones in hoodies during practice, take care of homec babies in practice, let "managers" sit around and distract practice flow, turn my head to pretend i didnt see confontation so i dont have to deal with it, not concentrate on defense and rebounding, and last let players lay down in practice and somtimes sleep. thus ending the thought of me helping with the high school coaching duties that year. period. and the reason i am not this year was strictly financial reasons.
Tyler Miller

United States

#3 Oct 6, 2009
-all the above is actual things that happend at one time or another because i was at every practice the year before. and i did nothing but support the team, his style, everything with all my heart. i shyed away from letting parents bash him, didnt take part in the community laughing at his times of failure but that wasnt the same treatment i got during the junior high season. or atleast i dont feel it was. i never sat on his bench without being dressed appropriatly with polo, dress shirt/tie ect. i never wore a camo coat and made funny faces to the parents, gesturing "look at this guy he is an idiot." but that was done to me.
-now i will be the first to say that my coaching and ideas are different and of the wall but they are effective. i am human and do make mistakes and am man enough to admit to them when i do. i was coached by delane beckwith, rob harlow, and john hixson and if you know any or all of them then you get the idea of where i learned to coach. i wouldnt consider these guys slouches in the coaching world so i proud say that! what people in the stands and some folks that dont have an idea of what it takes to win dont get, is that if you can get your kids to work hard for you and do anything you ask you will over achieve every single time. my goal for the kids was to always win the games you are supose to win and compete in the ones you are suposed to lose. the majority of the time WE did that. so if it took me turning backflips or sweating my butt off runnin around on the sidlines letting the kids know i was there with them in battle so they would never give up and fight for the team, i did that. and will do that if i ever coach again. thats just the way i am and if you dont like it thats thats your choice and i respect that. but dont ever think that my intentions were to draw attention to myself and look like a drill sgt., i know how to get kids to play hard and act right without them hating me. dont bash me for that.
Tyler Miller

United States

#4 Oct 6, 2009
- now off of basketball... my favorite thing about working at a school i think i have said was being around kids. i looked forward everyday spending time with the elementary kids in pe and being around the hs students the first half of the day.but dont think i am a typical male coach and only pay attention to the athletes because like other things thats far from the truth. my most favortie times were spent with the less fortunate kids, handicap kids, and kids that didnt even play sports or know anything about them at all. during the last three years the whole student body knew they was welcome at my house for hanging out, advice, a place to sleep or to get feed. all of this would have gone unknown and i still would have been fine with that but i would like everyone to know the things i did when school was over that impacted YOUR children hopfully in a positive way so you dont get the wrong information elswhere. i suported every single fundraiser the school had over the last three years and even if i didnt have any money at all i stil did somthing even if it was only donating my time which is the hardest thing to do. i made after taxes, and other with holdings 1096 dollars from the school and was proud to get that. i was not fully certified and had great insurance. i put back every penny of that into the school one way or another. i bought candy, cupcakes ect for the elm kids during pe the past year. i bot each class a pumpkin and we carved it out and drew names to let a kids take it home. i handed out trick or treat bags, i took my jh teams to trcc games, out to eat, invited them and any other kid over for pizza, watch games , bbqs, movies, took them to the movies (im speaking of all children not just ball players), even had christmas for some kids that i knew wouldnt be able to have much of one, raised enough money the last three years to make sure kids of all social status had the same exact matching shoes as the rest of the team. if it sounds like im tooting my own horn this time i might be. if you think that sounds arrogant then i appologize these are just facts.
-if coach blackburn wanted to pick me as a way to draw attention away from the things that really go on, he picked the wrong person to do it to. i will not lay down and let people bury my face in the mud and let them walk around pretending they like me and they really dont.. you will get more respect outa people when you stand up for yourself. that is just true facts of life. i am and never will be better than anyone human being i ever meet. i will take up for and fight for the minority kids, the poor kids, the smart kids, the not so smart kids, the low self esteem kids and any kid that needed me to. i am a person that can relate to kids with similiar lifestyles that i grew up having. my dad is in prison and my mother works everyday for 8 dollars a hour just to get by. do not ,,and i repeat ,,do not tell lies on me because the things i do and did do that you should have been doing all along!!!!!! All it takes is a little bit of passion, discipline and backbone!
Tyler Miller

United States

#5 Oct 6, 2009
...not working..try again soon
Tyler Miller

United States

#7 Oct 6, 2009
- now off of basketball... my favorite thing about working at a school i think i have said was being around kids. i looked forward everyday spending time with the elementary kids in pe and being around the hs students the first half of the day.but dont think i am a typical male coach and only pay attention to the athletes because like other things thats far from the truth. my most favortie times were spent with the less fortunate kids, handicap kids, and kids that didnt even play sports or know anything about them at all. during the last three years the whole student body knew they was welcome at my house for hanging out, advice, a place to sleep or to get feed. all of this would have gone unknown and i still would have been fine with that but i would like everyone to know the things i did when school was over that impacted YOUR children hopfully in a positive way so you dont get the wrong information elswhere. i suported every single fundraiser the school had over the last three years and even if i didnt have any money at all i stil did somthing even if it was only donating my time which is the hardest thing to do. i made after taxes, and other with holdings 1096 dollars from the school and was proud to get that. i was not fully certified and had great insurance. i put back every penny of that into the school one way or another. i bought candy, cupcakes ect for the elm kids during pe the past year. i bot each class a pumpkin and we carved it out and drew names to let a kids take it home. i handed out trick or treat bags, i took my jh teams to trcc games, out to eat, invited them and any other kid over for pizza, watch games , bbqs, movies, took them to the movies (im speaking of all children not just ball players), even had christmas for some kids that i knew wouldnt be able to have much of one, raised enough money the last three years to make sure kids of all social status had the same exact matching shoes as the rest of the team. if it sounds like im tooting my own horn this time i might be. if you think that sounds arrogant then i appologize these are just facts.
Tyler Miller

United States

#8 Oct 6, 2009
-if coach blackburn wanted to pick me as a way to draw attention away from the things that really go on, he picked the wrong person to do it to. i will not lay down and let people bury my face in the mud and let them walk around pretending they like me and they really dont.. you will get more respect outa people when you stand up for yourself. that is just true facts of life. i am and never will be better than anyone human being i ever meet. i will take up for and fight for the minority kids, the poor kids, the smart kids, the not so smart kids, the low self esteem kids and any kid that needed me to. i am a person that can relate to kids with similiar lifestyles that i grew up having. my dad is in prison and my mother works everyday for 8 dollars a hour just to get by. do not ,,and i repeat ,,do not tell lies on me because the things i do and did do that you should have been doing all along!!!!!! All it takes is a little bit of passion, discipline and backbone!
..and in no way am i meaning to hurt anyone or be rude or trashy...just taking up for myself.
and on the trying to take the job i want to tel you that i would have pursued that a little more than i did to the 7 board members that i know persoanlly. wanda bolin and tina roberts are like family to me. shawn simpson grew up with my father and spent alot of time at my grandmothers kitchen table, and me and his son played a many of innings of baseball in his yard, david todd was my elemntary principal, and i have done work for his family on the farm for years, milton ladymons oldest son was one of my good friends and i spent the night at there house a time or two, mike winchesters two sons was in school when i was younger and i was on brents team n 9th and 10th grade. and tommy was my cousins best friend. also i had/have a good working relationship with his duaghter amy for the past three or four years. and lastly terry richardson i know personally the least but grew to know him more the past couple years from coaching and working with his wife as a aide. never had any cross words with them and have a good relationship with them. so, i never approached them or had a conversations with any of them about having or wanting your job. if i was trying to "get it" those would have been the first people i contacted. if anything was ever said it was started by other people and they approached me first. but facts are facts and this should have never been said about me. lets not forget i am not finished with college, but when i do if clarktons basketball program needs a coach i will be the first applicant. if they dont need one or i dont get hired i will not be mad at the school but proudly try and find another school to hire me, and do the same thing i did at clarkton and thats always put the kids best interest at heart!
Citizen

United States

#9 Oct 6, 2009
Tyler dont let anyone put you down! You were great with both of my children, they loved you dearly and you are all I heard about when you were at that school! I seen both of my kids go from not wanting to be active to looking forward to being able to go to PE all because they got to see Coach Miller!! I wish you nothing but the best in all that you do, and in my opinion you are the best thing that this school had going for it and it is there loss!
Whatever

United States

#10 Oct 6, 2009
Wow, Coach Miller, you are a good friend and a hell of a coach, it was a shame that you QUIT! You were the only person that understood my son, you helped him tame his attitude on the basketball court, when people talked about his basketball abilities compared to my other son, you gave my son inspiration to play a little harder, so keep being the person that you are, and remember what people say doesn't make you, your character, personality, and morality makes you the person you are. Thanks for every thing.
1 GOOD MAN

United States

#11 Oct 6, 2009
Let me say, I do not live there. I get on here just to see what's going on..I do not know you but I have to say you have to have a heart of GOLD!!if more teachers and parents were like you life would be so much sweeter. It seems like most parents are working and not giving their kids the kind of attention that they need. I know as a single parent I too was guilty of this. I just wish that my child had had someone as kind as you are to care when I couldn't be there..May God Bless You and I hope all your DREAMS come true, I think you would make a great teacher or coach..Good luck and God Bless.
cheerleading mom

United States

#12 Oct 6, 2009
Tyler i also feel that you did a good job not only coaching the jh team but also with helping the children. I know many of them miss you and wish you were still there.
Aimee Hosford

Saint Charles, MO

#13 Oct 7, 2009
Tyler when you get finished with school if Clarkton doesn't want you maybe the Portageville Bulldogs will take you!! I don't know how long it will be before Coach Bidewell retires but you would be a good one to fill his shoes. You are a good person and you always have been. Don't let anyone bother you or trick you into becoming something you're not. They are just wanting you to be brought down to their level. Good luck in whichever school you pursue.
Tyler supporter

Kennett, MO

#14 Oct 7, 2009
Tyler, I'm not gonna put my name on here, but I've known you since you were a kid. You're a great person and everyone who knows the truth knows what you've done for the school and the kids there. This world is full of people who are scared that someone who's more competent will come along and oust them from their job. I feel as though this is exactly what's happening. Everyone knows that the team has underperformed for the last few years, that's no secret. Just bide your time. Your chance is coming.
Jack

Saint Louis, MO

#15 Oct 7, 2009
Tyler,

Stop being a crybaby and begin building your future.

You may have attracted a lot of fans with this sad story, but they don't count when it comes to hiring coaches.

Also, you may have made your life much more difficult while searching for a new position.

Administrators do not like teachers (coaches) who cry publicly - rightly or wrongly.

It doesn't matter how many friends you have on the Clarkton School Board. Other schools could care less.

If you do plan on becoming a coach, and are lucky enough to be hired, be prepared to be released several times during your career. Administrators do not have to have a GOOD reason to release you.

The fact that you did not win enough games is all that they care about. They are not interested in how hard you tried, how much the kids or fans love you, how much time or money you put into your efforts.

That is a coaches life! They are released, hired by another shcool, released, and often, hired by the first school again. It is the fate of coaches. You have to accept that.

You have mentioned your coach heros. Then you must know that neither of them have been at the same school forever. Learn something from that.

If they are the great coaches you say they are, they did not cry as you have, but walked away with head up.

Try that.

You will be glad you did.

lakersback

Gideon, MO

#16 Oct 7, 2009
AMEN TO MILLER
ty m

United States

#17 Oct 7, 2009
..jack thanks for your advice but i take it you dont have any clue to whats goin on...i did not get fired....no crying here at all, the only person i have to answer to is the man upstairs...if i get punished later on in life for speaking my heart and telling the truth then i am willing to take that chance...but i do appreciate your advice and will remember it if i ever need it.
Jack

Saint Louis, MO

#18 Oct 7, 2009
Tyler,

I do not have to know what is going on. I really don't even care.

But I do know that you need some sound advice much more that you are willing to admit!

Don't you understand that the double act of quiting and then bad-mouthing your former boss/organization will reflect adversly on your future job opportunities?

Never you fear, every administrator in the Bootheel will hear/read about your actions,

Who will be your references in the future?

Who will want a quitter/bad-mouther on their staff.

My point is: Stop whatever you think you are doing to get back at whomever, while attempting to make yourself the victim.

It will come back to bite you in the butt later.

I can promise you that.

What you are doing by coming on Topix like this is something for losers!

Get over it and get out!

Glendale, AZ

#19 Oct 7, 2009
Jack wrote:
Tyler,
I do not have to know what is going on. I really don't even care.
But I do know that you need some sound advice much more that you are willing to admit!
Don't you understand that the double act of quiting and then bad-mouthing your former boss/organization will reflect adversly on your future job opportunities?
Never you fear, every administrator in the Bootheel will hear/read about your actions,
Who will be your references in the future?
Who will want a quitter/bad-mouther on their staff.
My point is: Stop whatever you think you are doing to get back at whomever, while attempting to make yourself the victim.
It will come back to bite you in the butt later.
I can promise you that.
What you are doing by coming on Topix like this is something for losers!
Get over it and get out!
Why are you here Jack, you sound like an angry loser yourself, leave people alone and mind your own business, like you said, you don't even care what happened, yet you post mean things? weirdo
clarktonian

Saint Louis, MO

#20 Oct 7, 2009
Tyler, my two kids also loved you. All I heard last year was Coach Miller this, Coach Miller that. It was ALL good. No need to tell you that they were so broken-hearted when they found out that you were not going to be their coach this year. Hopefully, CHS will realize what they had in you (something that has been missing in coaching in this school for way too long, a coach that actually cared about ALL students!), and convince you to come back to CHS in the very NEAR future. My two kids and myself will be waiting for the day that this happens.

Glendale, AZ

#21 Oct 7, 2009
Jack must be a loser too, or is he just a mean and nasty little B**ch, who cannot mind his own business?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clarkton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
holes cut in campbell streets!! 5 hr For the record 29
amber redden (May '14) 5 hr Chucky Vinson 16
VW 67 bug 5 hr Bug1967 1
orville sipes 19 hr just saying 1
bobs auto repair in campbell 19 hr Bobs auto repair 7
Top 2 Bottom Auto 20 hr Satisfied 7
Looking for House to Rent 22 hr Looking 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Clarkton Mortgages