Four stabbed in Chase City

Four stabbed in Chase City

There are 126 comments on the Virginia/North Carolina News story from Feb 6, 2008, titled Four stabbed in Chase City. In it, Virginia/North Carolina News reports that:

The Mecklenburg County Sheriff's Office has arrested two men in connection with a Jan. via Virginia/North Carolina News

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Virginia/North Carolina News.

bigbearbenzo - ATLANTA GA

Lawrenceville, GA

#21 Feb 28, 2008
I agree J Roy, I retired from the Air Force this past July and he is right, wrong is wrong, color really doesnt play a part in it. Because if it did, then we would have White on White and all the other races as big issues, but why each time the victims and assailants are black, it is a BLACK on BLACK issue. NO, it is a human being issue and a community issue. Can you put really put a color on a community especially if the patrons of the area are of various races? Crime is crime, unfortunately black men get the most press for it. Nevertheless, until we are ready to come together as a PEOPLE and a COMMUNITY crime will continue to have COLORS. THINK and KNOW.
SinisterFate

Winchester, VA

#22 Feb 28, 2008
I agree. It is NOT a race issue. It's an economic issue. When you don't have a job and no prospects then hope dies. When hope is dead then Apathy runs rampant. Apathy brings hopelessness which breeds fearlessness and then I can slice your throat for $20 bucks for a rock of crack. That is where we are. Not only in CC but in all of the old "mill" towns dying across America, thanks to NAFTA, Bush & Clinton, and our debt to China.

Read the The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire.

Since: Aug 07

Chase City, Va

#23 Feb 28, 2008
Ya'll just hang on to your hats. It's about to get a bit more lively on the topix site. Some good news is about to hit Chase City!
moses

United States

#24 Feb 29, 2008
where all da white girls at.....
SinisterFate

Winchester, VA

#25 Feb 29, 2008
LOL!
Swift Kick

Irvington, VA

#26 Feb 29, 2008
Go to the local high schools if you don't think there is a gang problem. Drugs, guns, knives, you name it. You can fill bags with the shit any given day. The good kids who mind their own business are in danger every day they walk in the doors because out society wants to baby the disadvantaged. I'm sure that hurts the bleeding heart liberals to the core but its a fact. We need to clean up the crime first and then we might have a future as a community. As it is now what do we even have to entice businesses and industry? A promise of our thanks? They want more than that. They want a good workforce, willing to be trained and work hard and a clean, safe town for the employees they relocate with schools their children can go to and be safe and learn. How can we even prove to them that they should give us more than a first glance with the crap we have going on here?
BossLady

Boones Mill, VA

#27 Mar 1, 2008
moses wrote:
to ccrider ,found out who i am yet?
He has no clue.
BossLady

Boones Mill, VA

#28 Mar 1, 2008
Sinsiter Fate: Why are you blaming NAFTA and former and current Presidents. When is the last time you picked tobacco? cotton? You didn't blame NAFTA when you bought that flat screen TV. There are jobs out there. Do you think that the black or white guy who dropped out of school is suppose to walk into a $70k a year job. Here's a hint - we have roads and interstates all around us. Did you lame asses ever think about driving more than 10 miles to a job? Or does everyone have to stay stuck up their mommas and daddy's butts? Sounds like you are trying to justify someone committing a crime because they live in a place like Green Acres. The individual that is committing a crime, does so for one reason - he chose to. Instead of reading The Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire, how about a local newspaper, how about the Richmond Times Dispatch, hey here's a good one, how about reading a damn job application. Stop coddling the criminals. Swift Kick is right. Clean up the crime first. If it takes getting rid of Green Acres and Circle Drive, then so be it. There are agencies that will help those people in those areas that need it. It is just amazing to me how people think that the President and Congress affect your daily life more than our local and state government. That means every office that has something to do with this county, from the School Board to the Commonwealth Attorney. So until you get the deadwood out of office locally and statewide you are going to have the same crap. Trust me, there are problems at every level.
To J Roy, you say you went to Bluestone High School and you were in Irag - yet you can't even spell
Al Qaeda. What the hell does that say. Here you are fighting for our country and you can't spell the enemy. You didn't even come close to spelling it right.
Sinsiter Fate

Winchester, VA

#29 Mar 2, 2008
BossLady wrote:
Sinsiter Fate: Sounds like you are trying to justify someone committing a crime because they live in a place like Green Acres.
To bring it straight to the point, YOU ARE AN IDIOT. You lack the basic reasoning skills to understand what I....and apparently everyone else on this topic, has to say. BTW, when I do have to drive to work I drive close to 100 miles.

My point was that economic measures DO have a determining factor in Crime Rates. FACT. And you have a degree in Psychology???? Criminal Science???? or even Philosophy????

Nobody lives in a vacuum...every thing affects everything else. There is NEVER a justifiable reason for criminal activity BUT there are reasons why some people find that lifestyle acceptable.

And to attack a brave former soldier for spelling errors.???!!! Go eat another Ho-Ho and chill out.
moses

United States

#30 Mar 2, 2008
i love lamp....stay classy chase city
BossLady

Boones Mill, VA

#31 Mar 2, 2008
Well, well, well Sinister Fate. This topic is not about YOU and how far you drive. Get over yourself. Who cares how far you drive, you have a job! The comment was about those that are selling drugs and committing other crimes and the excuse that the economic plight has forced them into a life of crime. But hey, thanks for giving Hugo Chavez your $$ at the tank with each fill up. I disagree with your theory. Your theory is an EXCUSE. It is only a determining factor if the individual CHOOSES to make it a determining factor. As far as the "brave former soldier" being attacked, he wasn't, the educational system in this county was. Shame on Mecklenburg County for failing him in his education - that was my point! Now who is the idiot? You watch too much CNN and Dr. Phil. Always give the poor drug dealer or bank robber a defense. As far as my degree - why yes. It just isn't in feel good pop psychology, social work or liberalism.
Oops, almost forgot, I don't care for ho-ho's. I prefer the cupcakes.
Sinister Fate

Winchester, VA

#32 Mar 2, 2008
I'm about as far right as you can get. So don't lecture me on Excuses for poor behavior. I don't think Government is the answer for almost ANY of our problems. What I was trying to communicate initially is that this is not a RACE issue. It is an economic issue. You see crime rates rising all across America where there are no Job opportunities...and I really think that you can Thank our local and State leaders for seeing the writing on the wall years ago (Manufacturing leaving USA for Mexico and overseas (SEE NAFTA, Clinton and Bush again) and not activly seeking other employment opportunities (High Tech Jobs, Food and Soda plants, breweries, etc. I'd cut out my left nut before I vote Democrat and I totally believe in personal responsibility. This whole topic started off as an indictment against the Black Community and that IS Racist. It's not about Race....it's about NO JOBS IN CC or within a 50 mile radius.
BossLady

Boones Mill, VA

#33 Mar 2, 2008
Well I would cut your right nut before I would vote Democrat. Hmm, a commonality.

Again, I repeat...look to your local and state leaders they are the ones that are making the decisions that affect your life on a daily basis. Hmm, another commonality.

It's not a race issue.
Hmm, yet another commonality.

So, see we have more in common than you think.

Part of the reason that there are no jobs in CC or any manufacturing is because of our workforce and the communities themselves. They fight to keep companies out - ethanol manufacturing ring a recent bell, albeit an unsuccessful one it appears.

We do differ somewhat in the area of crime correlating to job opportunities. That is not necessarily the reason for the bulk of crime in MC. You see, there are jobs out there. But there are those that do not want to work in those jobs. Sort of "beneath them" and the pay is just not comparable with the drug selling. Couple that with the fact that some of the local law enforcement couldn't find it's way out of a wet paper bag, crime is just easier to do for the unmotivated individual. I mean really, if you get caught, you can cop a plea and get off with a warning if you stay on good behavior for 20 years.

So, since we have so much in common, do you like Hostess Cupcakes too?
Sinister Fate

Winchester, VA

#34 Mar 2, 2008
LOL....yeah I dig Hostess Cupcakes too. I think we also have a mutual love for Moses!

Sorry I was harsh earlier. I tend to get that way when the night gets late and insomnia kicks in...plus tonight I'm NOT looking forward to my drive to Raleigh to get to my office.(I usually go down on Sunday afternoons and come back to CC on Wednesdays...telecommute on Thursday and Friday).

Sorry....I can be an ass but I do think we agree on a hell of a lot more than we disagree about.

Keep on keeping on and NO OBAMA/CLINTON in '08!!!!

Since: Mar 08

Winchester, VA

#35 Mar 2, 2008
chasecityrez wrote:
Ya'll just hang on to your hats. It's about to get a bit more lively on the topix site. Some good news is about to hit Chase City!
Waiting for the Good News...seriously. What's up?

Peace

Since: Mar 08

Winchester, VA

#36 Mar 2, 2008
BossLady wrote:
Well I would cut your right nut before I would vote Democrat. Hmm, a commonality.
Again, I repeat...look to your local and state leaders they are the ones that are making the decisions that affect your life on a daily basis. Hmm, another commonality.
It's not a race issue.
Hmm, yet another commonality.
So, see we have more in common than you think.
Part of the reason that there are no jobs in CC or any manufacturing is because of our workforce and the communities themselves. They fight to keep companies out - ethanol manufacturing ring a recent bell, albeit an unsuccessful one it appears.
We do differ somewhat in the area of crime correlating to job opportunities. That is not necessarily the reason for the bulk of crime in MC. You see, there are jobs out there. But there are those that do not want to work in those jobs. Sort of "beneath them" and the pay is just not comparable with the drug selling. Couple that with the fact that some of the local law enforcement couldn't find it's way out of a wet paper bag, crime is just easier to do for the unmotivated individual. I mean really, if you get caught, you can cop a plea and get off with a warning if you stay on good behavior for 20 years.
So, since we have so much in common, do you like Hostess Cupcakes too?
Really sorry again Boss Lady. That's the problem with email/blogs/computer communication. You can say something totally positive and it can come off sounding exactly opposite. I appreciate your willingness to keep the conversation going and again I'm sorry if I sounded like an ass. I think we are probably 95% together on our thoughts, opinions, etc.

Since: Mar 08

Winchester, VA

#37 Mar 2, 2008
Shit....I just realized that I gave away my other alias with that last post. Shhhhhhh Keep that on the down low.

Peace,
Dwayne
BossLady

Boones Mill, VA

#38 Mar 3, 2008
Dwayne T wrote:
Shit....I just realized that I gave away my other alias with that last post. Shhhhhhh Keep that on the down low.
Peace,
Dwayne
LOL. Secret's safe.

Peace out.
BossLady

Boones Mill, VA

#39 Mar 3, 2008
Dwayne T wrote:
<quoted text>
Waiting for the Good News...seriously. What's up?
Peace
Now you good news doesn't keep this site going it's drama. LOL

Since: Aug 07

Chase City, Va

#40 Mar 3, 2008
The good news was the governor releasing funds for the waterline to be extended from Boydton to Chase City. In order for that line to be run there must be a benificiary on the other end. That would be Osage Bio Energy. Just look at the economic impact and I think you'll agree it's good news. 150 million in construction plus salaries, etc.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clarksville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
where do i go to get a free background check? (Nov '13) Mar '17 Lynn 4
Virginia Medicaid Expansion (Feb '16) Feb '16 Patient X 1
Robert's Restaurant (Nov '08) Feb '16 william 4
Missing dog (Sep '15) Sep '15 Sue 1
The Penquin (Aug '08) Jun '15 Thomas Gregory 7
DSL Through Verizon in Clarksville (Apr '15) Apr '15 Ulysses 1
Healthcare in Clarksville Va (Jan '15) Mar '15 djanjj2u 2

Clarksville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Clarksville Mortgages