Four stabbed in Chase City

Feb 6, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Virginia/North Carolina News

The Mecklenburg County Sheriff's Office has arrested two men in connection with a Jan. via Virginia/North Carolina News

Comments
1 - 20 of 126 Comments Last updated Mar 25, 2008
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
ccrider

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2008

I know this is going to sound racist, but it is high time the black leaders of this community stepped up and said "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH" Blacks want to know why they are looked at a certain way.. well this is why.. It is time the black leaders of this community set some of their folks straight. and took a pro-active stand on teaching them to set a better example for the kids and their race. 80to90% of crime around this community is commited by blacks, and they are giving our whole community a bad rap. Wake up people....
moses

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2008

what u talking bout willis?
SinisterFate

Winchester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2008

I'm not really sure there are that many "Black" leaders around here unless you consider some of the ministers of the local churches. What this really indicates is an increase in crime when there are no jobs and no options for improvement. Truth time. As long as we as a community "Just Say No" to ANY and EVERY industry looking to locate here then crime is going to continue to increase, by Blacks, Whites and pretty damn soon Hispanics.
ccrider

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2008

First off, Moses, I will ignore you, you are a classless jerk, and no. I am not Mr. Willis, but I am very close to finding out who you are.
SinisterFate, you are right in a way, but as a citizen of Chase City, it just isn't a good reflection on our town when the local papers headline "4 stabbeed in Chase City", and most recently a robbery at Saharas right on main street. Which was reported that the suspect was a black male.I'm just saying that the black folks around here are giving us a bad rap, and I think it's time they started showing a little respect for themselves and their race.
SinisterFate

Winchester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2008

First off CC...Moses is an illusion...an enigma wrapped in a riddle, wrapped in a mystery.

Your posts, while valid, still come off as racist. Yes these are black people committing these crimes, but we need to ask ourselves why are these crimes being committed in the first place.

When Giuliani became mayor of NY crime was rampant. His approach was to clean up the town first. Repair broken windows, clean up Graffitti, etc. Make the city look respectable and it will become respectable. That's part of the issue with CC. It looks like shit to be honest. Like a fucking dumpster. Clean up the town, hire a Town Manager that really "earns" his/her salary by promoting growth, get the cops to quit giving the skateboarding kids shit and deal with screaming idiots stumbling up and down main street and then you'll see crime drop. It's not a race issue dude...and I'm white by the way.
ccrider

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2008

SinisterFate, I will say your post is well thought out and you are right. Our town manager is a lot to blame. He is useless and I do not know how he has kept his job this long.. I agree as well that the cops bully skateboarders around rather than take care of the real problems of the town. You are also right that the town needs to "Clean itself up", but on the occasions that the town has had official clean-up days in the past, only a handful of citizens showed up and the last 2 times I showed up, not one black person in town showed up to help.I'm just calling a "Spade a Spade"
moses

Durham, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2008

ccrider wrote:
First off, Moses, I will ignore you, you are a classless jerk, and no. I am not Mr. Willis, but I am very close to finding out who you are.
SinisterFate, you are right in a way, but as a citizen of Chase City, it just isn't a good reflection on our town when the local papers headline "4 stabbeed in Chase City", and most recently a robbery at Saharas right on main street. Which was reported that the suspect was a black male.I'm just saying that the black folks around here are giving us a bad rap, and I think it's time they started showing a little respect for themselves and their race.
you already know whom i am.look in the mirror i am every thing most wish the could be.truth without fear.so bring it on....
wilson

South Boston, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2008

hi mike
onion head

Keysville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2008

I think Sinister and CC both have a point.Chase City cannot continue down the same road as it has been. There are several spots open on Chase City town council this time around. Maybe some of you who live in town limits can run, get elected and try to make some changes. Speak up for industry. Speak up for help in crime prevention. Speak up as to why skate boarders are bullied while schizo drunks wander aimlessly through town begging money and screaming. Maybe something could be done about raiding all the damn crack houses. I see deputies all over South Hill every day. Sometimes 2 deputies cars sitting side by side and the deputies shooting the breeze. But how often are they in Chase City? Rarely. Why? Maybe that's a question to be asked of the police dept. and town council. There are avenues of pressure that can be applied that may help clean up this mess. Actually the most unattractive thing ,visually, in Chase City is teenagers with their pants hanging below asscheeks, sweat shirts down to their knees and jackets that are meant for Baby Hughy hung on a string bean, and combs hanging at a 30 degree angle in a head that hasn't been brushed in 4 months. That's what makes Chase City look so damn dirty! Clean that trash up then CLOSE THE DAMN CRACKHOUSES for good and then go burn down Greenacres and Chase City will be well on its way to a better future.
fault

Crewe, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2008

Fox takes the credit every time something good happens no matter if its in town or in the county. He should get the credit every time something bad happens. Its only fair! Chase City has a small police department. The deputies help out in South Hill all the time. They should help out in Chase City as well. The people that live in town pay county taxes as well. The only thing the deputies go to Case City for is to get a discount at Mull's place out on Hwy. 92 They eat then leave the town. The sheriff is responsible for his men. He should act like a leader and take action. The police department could use all the help they can get.
the guy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2008

then quit yer bitchin' and join the force 'fault'
youdipwad

Crewe, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2008

What good would that do? Fox is still sheriff and he still sucks! What happened to the unity that Fox said was so good between the departments? Seems that was just another lie. If you think the deputies aren't in Chase City you should see Clarksville. Many of the ones he fired were the only ones you would see in Clarksville. I will never vote for Fox again. Never!
my2cents

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2008

The police dept is in just as bad a shape! remember a few years ago when the police officer was shot by his wife becuase he had another woman in the bed and she walked in on them?
the guy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2008

chase city sux, we get it
littledevil29

Winchester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2008

SinisterFate wrote:
First off CC...Moses is an illusion...an enigma wrapped in a riddle, wrapped in a mystery.
Your posts, while valid, still come off as racist. Yes these are black people committing these crimes, but we need to ask ourselves why are these crimes being committed in the first place.
When Giuliani became mayor of NY crime was rampant. His approach was to clean up the town first. Repair broken windows, clean up Graffitti, etc. Make the city look respectable and it will become respectable. That's part of the issue with CC. It looks like shit to be honest. Like a fucking dumpster. Clean up the town, hire a Town Manager that really "earns" his/her salary by promoting growth, get the cops to quit giving the skateboarding kids shit and deal with screaming idiots stumbling up and down main street and then you'll see crime drop. It's not a race issue dude...and I'm white by the way.
i dont know where u live but i live in chase city and it doesnt look that bad as far as graffitti. true we have a bunch of black hoodlums walking up and down the street and the cops act like they are afraid of them. im afraid to let my kids walk down the street but it isnt because of crazy people on the street its because of gangs of black drug deals. and if u r white u must b one of those want a bes. or an old fart that cant see to well anymore.

BossLady

Union Hall, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2008

SinisterFate wrote:
Get your facts straight white boy. It was one square block in NYC that was cleaned up. ONE. Rudy did not turn out to be the "be all, end all" we had hoped for.

Chase City, yes it has problems, but look at South Hill. On any given day, at any given time you can by crack right across the street from the Chamber of Commerce and less than a football field from the Police Station. Let's look at Clarksville - they are so far in debt and have so much in-fighting you would have thought the damn lake dried up. LaCrosse, the little town that could! This whole county is experiencing the same issues the cities are, just on a slightly smaller scale.

If you don't think the people running it are doing what they should be doing, then vote them the hell out and stop bitching. Ya'll should have done that 4 months ago. No one on the Board of Supervisors were even opposed.

For those living in the town limits, you can still have time to get on the individual ballots for town council.
moses

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2008

hey there boss lady...long time no see
moses

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2008

to ccrider ,found out who i am yet?
bigbearbenzo - ATLANTA GA

Lawrenceville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2008

I read all the comments about Chase City, VA and I respect them all. I grew up in CCVA and left along time ago, but it is still my hometown, nevertheless, the problem is, no one cares anymore. The law enforcement are people that came from other professions, Danny Fox used to pump gas into my car, some of the others used to flip burgers, so what do you expect from these guys that are not trained to deal with the issues this small town has. As for the incident at Green Acres, that was a tragedy. I am related to Darnell the one that had his mother stabbed, as matter of fact, I am his father. He did what any man would have done when it comes to protecting his love ones. If any of you think he did something wrong, I pray you never ever find yourself in that position. Nevertheless, I am not an advocate of violence, hell I live in Atlanta, Ga we have more than enough of crime of all kinds. What I am an advocate of is CHANGE. Change for the better. Look at where CCVA is located, no major water way is close enough, no major highway is close enough, not enough jobs or avenues for those who aspire to do better, so what is the answer. I will tell you the answer, community build up and community togetherness, that is the answer. It seems everyone is waiting for someone else to fix their problems, no get up off your asses and fix your own problems. Stop depending on the police to fix them, because unless it is happening to them, they really dont care. As for the Sheriff Dept, now that's joke in itself. Here again, guys that used to do menial jobs are now caring a gun with the rights to use them, how scary is that. As for the teens who are walking the streets terrorizing people, they need their asses kicked, literally, but that won't solve anything. No, they need avenues and ventures to direct them and give them a chance at life. The town needs more industry in it or need by. It needs a financial boost from the politicians who claim to be the voice of the people, it needs community leaders to step up and offer alternatives, but more importantly, the people of the town really need to get involed to make a difference. As the phrase goes, "It takes a village", so let the village of Chase City rise together or the whole town will fall together. The color of your skin is not an issue when the entire town is under fire for the activity that is so dangerous to the children and the elderly of the town. Close Green Acres is an option, but what do you do with the people there. How about making demands and creating ordinances that will help create harmony there or get rid of the ones causing the problems, but closing it down will only move the problems and issues elsewhere in the town, which means nothing has been accomplished. Think about it.
J Roy

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2008

Sup you know I grew up in Nelson Va. I went to Bluestone Senior High. I used to love going to Chase City being a Clarksville kid we had our drama. Clarksville against Chase City Chase City against Boydton but somewhere I got older and a little smarter. I joined the military and know I am in Iraq if you guys think that it is a black thing you are wrong. Why is race always a issue in wrong. Wrong is wrong there is nothing about race ask freaking Aquida in Iraq you guys are just plain ignorant. Dumb asses

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Clarksville Discussions

Search the Clarksville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Veterans, Question 2 (Oct '10) Jul 15 Billy Bob 2,548
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) May '14 Nitty Gritty 1 1,356
Lamplighter Restaurant (Jun '12) May '14 Booster 4
VA Missing Va. Girl Alive, Man In Custody (Dec '10) Apr '14 Jim 1,433
childeren programs in clarksville Mar '14 mominva 1
Ruff ranks high on gift-taking list Feb '14 Warren 1
Clarksville doctor making amazing recovery (Dec '07) Jan '14 Mindi Truitt 160
•••
•••
•••
•••

Clarksville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000