Fencing blocks popular roadway

If fences make for good neighbors, everyone on Dan Circle should be happy. They aren't. Late last month, Jean R. Short erected fences on her property at the end of a narrow road in her lakeside neighborhood. Full Story
The Cleaning Lady

Little Falls, NY

#1 Aug 23, 2006
I think that if she stayed the proper footage away from the property lines, as codes call for, that she is well within her rights to put up a fence. Unless there is an ordinance against fencing I think she should get to keep her fence.
Resident Clarksville VA

Raleigh, NC

#4 Aug 30, 2006
The Cleaning Lady wrote:
I think that if she stayed the proper footage away from the property lines, as codes call for, that she is well within her rights to put up a fence. Unless there is an ordinance against fencing I think she should get to keep her fence.
==========
Good News! The fence is now open and the loop road is accessible, not blocked anymore.
Paula-Marie Toone

Chapel Hill, NC

#5 Apr 23, 2009
The woman in question [the road blocker] is now deceased. Case closed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clarksville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) 39 min Jake 1,361
Moving Sep 1 puppylove 1
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Veterans, Question 2 (Oct '10) Aug '14 Time Flys 2,545
Lamplighter Restaurant (Jun '12) May '14 Booster 4
VA Missing Va. Girl Alive, Man In Custody (Dec '10) Apr '14 Jim 1,432
childeren programs in clarksville (Mar '14) Mar '14 mominva 1
Ruff ranks high on gift-taking list (Feb '14) Feb '14 Warren 1
Clarksville Dating
Find my Match

Clarksville Jobs

Clarksville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Clarksville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Clarksville

Personal Finance