Virginia finally surpasses NC as dumb...

Virginia finally surpasses NC as dumbest state in the union

Posted in the Clarksville Forum

egads

Suffolk, VA

#1 Dec 9, 2007
How do you folks feel about the outrageous and usurious traffic fines that your politicians instituted behind your backs?
Yeah right

Suffolk, VA

#2 Dec 26, 2007
$1000 traffic tickets for speeding? How do politicians get away with this stuff? When the wrong person, some judge's son or someone gets one of those tickets then there'll be an investigation. I'd like a a thousand percent pay raise, too. Fringe towns will suffer. I'm already not driving into VA.
Clarksville

United States

#3 Jan 30, 2008
I see that Burger King went on Rt.15 went out of business. Someone said it was because all the employees were stealing, could it also be that sales were down because no one wants to go past the speed trap there.
Lake Girl

Gloucester, VA

#4 Feb 2, 2008
What speed trap? I've lived in Clarksville for years. If you drive the speed limit, which is posted, guess what? You don't get a ticket! I also live right on US 58 in town and I can tell you, the posted speed limit is plenty. People whiz by my house. I hope they DO get ticketed. People who cry about "speed traps" are the people who are in too much of a hurry to get somewhere anyway.
moses

United States

#5 Feb 2, 2008
Lake Girl wrote:
What speed trap? I've lived in Clarksville for years. If you drive the speed limit, which is posted, guess what? You don't get a ticket! I also live right on US 58 in town and I can tell you, the posted speed limit is plenty. People whiz by my house. I hope they DO get ticketed. People who cry about "speed traps" are the people who are in too much of a hurry to get somewhere anyway.
thanks for the info "pig"
Lake Girl

Gloucester, VA

#6 Feb 6, 2008
Oh, very mature.
moses

United States

#7 Feb 7, 2008
you like"""
Woogie

London, KY

#8 Mar 16, 2012
Dum Dum Dum!!!, No, Kentucky is that, Why we got hillbillies calling there selves "coal billies" Of all things!!!
pig

Tappahannock, VA

#9 Mar 17, 2012
Yeah right wrote:
$1000 traffic tickets for speeding? How do politicians get away with this stuff? When the wrong person, some judge's son or someone gets one of those tickets then there'll be an investigation. I'd like a a thousand percent pay raise, too. Fringe towns will suffer. I'm already not driving into VA.
$6 per mile over the speed limit plus $61 cost of court. You did not get a $1,000.00 ticket. Always some a**hole spewing misinformation. Don't speed, slow down and shut the f up a**hole.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clarksville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
where do i go to get a free background check? (Nov '13) Mar '17 Lynn 4
Virginia Medicaid Expansion (Feb '16) Feb '16 Patient X 1
Robert's Restaurant (Nov '08) Feb '16 william 4
Missing dog (Sep '15) Sep '15 Sue 1
The Penquin (Aug '08) Jun '15 Thomas Gregory 7
DSL Through Verizon in Clarksville (Apr '15) Apr '15 Ulysses 1
Healthcare in Clarksville Va (Jan '15) Mar '15 djanjj2u 2

Clarksville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance