Ethanol plant draws opposition

May 31, 2008 Full story: Augusta Free Press

Is there anyone out there who can help us in Mecklenburg County? The Planning Commission and the County Board of Supervisors are ignoring the citizens.

Full Story
Rowdy Roddy Piper

Gloucester, VA

#1 Jun 2, 2008
Mecklenburg County doesn't need help in the ethanol debate. The Planning Commission did the right thing by passing the rezoning request. From what I read there are only 1300 or so people protesting the rezoning. I know there are 1400 petitions but I suspect some of those signed the other petition that is pro Osage. Also, some of the people that signed the anti Osage petition no longer even live in Mecklenburg County or ever lived in the county.
The Commission and Board has to look out for all of the county, not just disgruntled people that live around the Chase City area. Folks in the Clarksville area support the plant for the most part. A larger tax base in the county helps all people in the county. We hope that plant will lead to even more industry in the county.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clarksville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lamplighter Restaurant (Jun '12) Nov '14 thought about it 5
Moving Sep '14 puppylove 1
childeren programs in clarksville (Mar '14) Mar '14 mominva 1
Ruff ranks high on gift-taking list (Feb '14) Feb '14 Warren 1
Clarksville doctor making amazing recovery (Dec '07) Jan '14 Mindi Truitt 160
where do i go to get a free background check? (Nov '13) Dec '13 Will 2
How do you look up someone's Work History? (Dec '13) Dec '13 voxovalorehy 2
Clarksville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web