Cronie Moron

Avery, TX

#203 Jan 12, 2010
Lordy lordy it was sooooooooo good!!!!
wondering

AOL

#204 Jan 12, 2010
citizen wrote:
The major and the council resigned last night. Lynn is still there. But the citizens are still working on this as well.
The mayor needed to resign but that is too little too late. It would seem he is still liable.
So, who is running the city?
wondering

AOL

#205 Jan 12, 2010
Cronie Moron wrote:
Lordy lordy it was sooooooooo good!!!!
Well don't let us die of curiousity friend !!!!!
Give us some details :)
Wanna know

Clarksville, TX

#206 Jan 12, 2010
Yea, let us on the details!!! 0_0
Cronie Moron

Avery, TX

#207 Jan 12, 2010
Well...the indicted one was taking pictures of all of the people in attendance & telling them they HAD to sign in or leave the meeting. Apparently, she doesn't know that's not exactly so & some people refused to sign in. They did remain in the meeting. Trimm "established" a quorum...IDK exactly how but whatever, and Taylor Gilreath was appointed to the council & Mayor Pro Tempore. Trimm then resigned due to "medical reasons" and Youngblood & Morrison followed suit. Sandra Vasquez said she was not notified of Gilreath's intended appointment OR the meeting & asked to go into Executive Session to discuss the indicted one's employment status. The indicted one quickly spoke up & advised Mrs. Vasquez she could not do that, as it was not on the agenda. People in the crowd replied to the indicted shutterbug, that regardless of what was or was not on the agenda, they no longer had a quorum & the meeting was not able to continue
hot meeting

Whitney, TX

#208 Jan 12, 2010
simply unbelievable

AOL

#209 Jan 12, 2010
Cronie Moron wrote:
Well...the indicted one was taking pictures of all of the people in attendance & telling them they HAD to sign in or leave the meeting. Apparently, she doesn't know that's not exactly so & some people refused to sign in. They did remain in the meeting. Trimm "established" a quorum...IDK exactly how but whatever, and Taylor Gilreath was appointed to the council & Mayor Pro Tempore. Trimm then resigned due to "medical reasons" and Youngblood & Morrison followed suit. Sandra Vasquez said she was not notified of Gilreath's intended appointment OR the meeting & asked to go into Executive Session to discuss the indicted one's employment status. The indicted one quickly spoke up & advised Mrs. Vasquez she could not do that, as it was not on the agenda. People in the crowd replied to the indicted shutterbug, that regardless of what was or was not on the agenda, they no longer had a quorum & the meeting was not able to continue
Why was she taking picture?
simply unbelievable

AOL

#210 Jan 12, 2010
hot meeting wrote:
http://www.texarkanagazette.co m/news/localnews/2010/01/12/af ter-appointment-3-resign-posts -at-aver-11.php
those of us who don't subscripe to the TG cannot read the full article. Thanks for posting it though.
Cronie Moron

Avery, TX

#211 Jan 12, 2010
simply unbelievable wrote:
<quoted text> Why was she taking picture?
Cause she's gonna miss us when's she's gone???
okay

Whitney, TX

#212 Jan 12, 2010
simply unbelievable wrote:
<quoted text>those of us who don't subscripe to the TG cannot read the full article. Thanks for posting it though.
After appointment, 3 resign posts at Avery City Council meeting
By: Paige Alexander - Texarkana Gazette - Published: 01/12/2010

AVERY, Texas—An appointment, three resignations and questions about missing furniture were all captured on cell phone video during an Avery City Council meeting Monday night.

Before a crowd of about 30, Council Members James Morrison, Kenneth Youngblood and Mayor Bill Trimm voted to appoint Taylor Gilreath to the council.

Gilreath was appointed to Debora Horton’s vacant seat.

Before the vote, Council Member Sandra Vasquez told the council she wasn’t aware of the meeting.

“I wasn’t officially notified ... I wasn’t consulted on who was the nominee,” she said.

Trimm said he tried to call Vasquez and City Secretary Lynn Stephenson said she “put a sticky note” on Vasquez’s door.

“It wasn’t there when I got home,” Vasquez said.

The vote proceeded and Vasquez abstained.

After Stephenson swore in Gilreath, Trimm announced his resignation.

“Due to health reasons and the advice of my doctor, I am going to resign immediately,” he said.

Youngblood and Morrison followed suit and resigned, leaving the council with two members.

The council has six seats, including one for the mayor and five council members.

State law requires a quorum of council members be present to conduct a meeting. Two council members on a six-person panel do not constitute a quorum.

City officials are unsure which vacant seats are up for election in May. Filing for offices begins in February.

After the meeting, Vasquez said she was “out walking for exercise” when she noticed the meeting agenda posted outside City Hall Monday.

“I abstained from voting because I wasn’t notified. It wasn’t necessarily that I agreed or disagreed with the appointment ... I didn’t know until I arrived at the meeting. I tried to make the best educated decision,” she said.

Gilreath said he’s lived in Avery 10 years and is self-employed.

He declined to comment about the city’s issues until he gets everything “all figured out.”

Before the meeting began, the city and crowd were equally wary of each other, as Stephenson photographed the crowd and several citizens photographed the council members.

Some onlookers shot video from cell phones during the meeting.

Stephenson has pleaded not guilty to a charge of embezzlement.

She was indicted by a Red River County grand jury Nov. 24, 2009, for theft of property between $20,000 and $100,000 by a public employee.

When asked if she’s still city secretary, Stephenson said yes.

After the meeting, several signed a notebook carried by Vasquez asking to be placed on next month’s agenda.

However, some crowd members disputed the move, saying several of the people signing the notebook weren’t city residents.

The crowd also noted the absence of a desk and several decorative items at City Hall.

After the meeting, Kathryn Hillis, who has been working in City Hall, said the desk and objects were owned by Stephenson.

Residents have been vocal about the issues facing Avery.

Some have publicly called for her ouster, but others support Stephenson.

Irvelyn Hardman said she’s lived in the town since 1933 and while the scandals add up to the “biggest mess ever to happen to a small town,” she wants people to remember the law.

“This looks like a lynch mob ... that’s what they came for. I don’t know the answers but as far as Lynn Stephenson is concerned, she’s not been convicted of anything.”
two checks

Whitney, TX

#213 Jan 12, 2010
two checks each time would not amount to a not guilty? She knew she was getting them if that is what happened. And if the mayor signed them, then he did also.
worried

Whitney, TX

#214 Jan 12, 2010
Sounds like the City Secretary is worried about her furniture and has that right? Be people are worried about their money and they have no rights!
Cronie Moron

Avery, TX

#215 Jan 12, 2010
Cronie Moron wrote:
YAY!!! I finally got judged! Woohoo!
curious

AOL

#217 Jan 12, 2010
okay wrote:
<quoted text>
After appointment, 3 resign posts at Avery City Council meeting
By: Paige Alexander - Texarkana Gazette - Published: 01/12/2010
AVERY, Texas—An appointment, three resignations and questions about missing furniture were all captured on cell phone video during an Avery City Council meeting Monday night.
Before a crowd of about 30, Council Members James Morrison, Kenneth Youngblood and Mayor Bill Trimm voted to appoint Taylor Gilreath to the council.
Gilreath was appointed to Debora Horton’s vacant seat.
Before the vote, Council Member Sandra Vasquez told the council she wasn’t aware of the meeting.
“I wasn’t officially notified ... I wasn’t consulted on who was the nominee,” she said.
Trimm said he tried to call Vasquez and City Secretary Lynn Stephenson said she “put a sticky note” on Vasquez’s door.
“It wasn’t there when I got home,” Vasquez said.
The vote proceeded and Vasquez abstained.
After Stephenson swore in Gilreath, Trimm announced his resignation.
“Due to health reasons and the advice of my doctor, I am going to resign immediately,” he said.
Youngblood and Morrison followed suit and resigned, leaving the council with two members.
The council has six seats, including one for the mayor and five council members.
State law requires a quorum of council members be present to conduct a meeting. Two council members on a six-person panel do not constitute a quorum.
City officials are unsure which vacant seats are up for election in May. Filing for offices begins in February.
After the meeting, Vasquez said she was “out walking for exercise” when she noticed the meeting agenda posted outside City Hall Monday.
“I abstained from voting because I wasn’t notified. It wasn’t necessarily that I agreed or disagreed with the appointment ... I didn’t know until I arrived at the meeting. I tried to make the best educated decision,” she said.
Gilreath said he’s lived in Avery 10 years and is self-employed.
He declined to comment about the city’s issues until he gets everything “all figured out.”
Before the meeting began, the city and crowd were equally wary of each other, as Stephenson photographed the crowd and several citizens photographed the council members.
Some onlookers shot video from cell phones during the meeting.
Stephenson has pleaded not guilty to a charge of embezzlement.
She was indicted by a Red River County grand jury Nov. 24, 2009, for theft of property between $20,000 and $100,000 by a public employee.
When asked if she’s still city secretary, Stephenson said yes.
After the meeting, several signed a notebook carried by Vasquez asking to be placed on next month’s agenda.
However, some crowd members disputed the move, saying several of the people signing the notebook weren’t city residents.
The crowd also noted the absence of a desk and several decorative items at City Hall.
After the meeting, Kathryn Hillis, who has been working in City Hall, said the desk and objects were owned by Stephenson.
Residents have been vocal about the issues facing Avery.
Some have publicly called for her ouster, but others support Stephenson.
Irvelyn Hardman said she’s lived in the town since 1933 and while the scandals add up to the “biggest mess ever to happen to a small town,” she wants people to remember the law.
“This looks like a lynch mob ... that’s what they came for. I don’t know the answers but as far as Lynn Stephenson is concerned, she’s not been convicted of anything.”
Thank You for posting that. Sounds like it was quite the circus. It doesn't sound like a lynch mob to me. It sounds like a group of
CONCERNED CITIZENS!!(or has that name for an organization already been taken?) lol!
Cuz of her

Whitney, TX

#218 Jan 12, 2010
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank You for posting that. Sounds like it was quite the circus. It doesn't sound like a lynch mob to me. It sounds like a group of
CONCERNED CITIZENS!!(or has that name for an organization already been taken?) lol!
That is the way politics has been going in recent years. Call the people crazy to discredit them or spin it one way or the other. I agree any concerned citizen should be at that office and demanding to see justice done. It is not a lynch mob. Think the city secretary is more familiar with the lynch mob mentality than the people who are demanding answers from her.
sjm

AOL

#219 Jan 12, 2010
lynn stephenson is a bully, has always been a bully.
why you people let her get away with her actions is beyond me!
she needs to get her fat *** out and let someone else do the job she has screwed up.
why

Dallas, TX

#220 Jan 13, 2010
Why is she not on administrative leave until her trial? Just going to let her stay and steal whatever is left? Good grief people.
Cronie Moron

Avery, TX

#221 Jan 13, 2010
why wrote:
Why is she not on administrative leave until her trial? Just going to let her stay and steal whatever is left? Good grief people.
Well hell...what's left??? Mini blinds & maybe a roll of TP I reckon....
hound dog

Florence, AL

#222 Jan 13, 2010
What about the letter that was sent to the citizens of Avery today?
curious

AOL

#223 Jan 14, 2010
hound dog wrote:
What about the letter that was sent to the citizens of Avery today?
what letter?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clarksville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The young man who begs for money at the grocery... Fri Bagwell resident 2
penny hobbs (Dec '16) Fri Bagwell resident 19
Hospital biggest rip-off? (Sep '15) Fri Bagwell resident 21
New Paris Facebook group Aug '17 John Snark 2
kevin titus (Mar '16) Aug '17 Honest 6
Missing Person, Jennifer Bench (Jan '09) Aug '17 red 41
Hhjh Jul '17 What you think 2

Clarksville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance