First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ray

Clarksville, TN

#1 Nov 29, 2010
What is up with all the news about kids getting bullied in school? It's always been there and always will be there. Parents can put their kids in Karate and Tae Kwon Do but it's just a false sense of security, they don't work in real life. To much time is wasted on forms and point sparring, fancy spinning kicks and blocks. Kids need to learn ground fighting. Here is a video of Taylor, nobody bothers her in school.

Taylor is a Jr. Team member of SSF Submission Academy in Clarksville TN. www.MMAclarksville.com
LOL

Clarksville, TN

#2 Nov 30, 2010
Wow, blatant ad placement is blatant.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#3 Nov 30, 2010
Then when you get older, your face can look like a meat shield!
Concerned citizen

Bowling Green, KY

#4 Dec 1, 2010
Well, the schools allow it. A kid defends himself/herself and the school punishes them both. I like the way it was. Hammer the one that started it. I tell my kid to defend yourself. Just don't start it. I will deal with the school
Ray

Clarksville, TN

#5 Dec 1, 2010
Concerned citizen-you are correct, the older non-politically correct days were better in some ways. I think it's total BS to punish a kid for defending himself in school. I'd rather my child protect himself and then I will deal with the school, if he gets suspended for defending himself, well that's better then what could have happened if he wasn't able to defend himself or if he were to react the way some of these kids do now days by pinning it up inside until one day they hurt themselves or their classmates.

grgrger

Clarksville, TN

#6 Dec 13, 2010
Yea the problem with the bullying is actually worse by the adults sometimes around here. They will just gather everyone up and punish them,but if they tell the adult what they want to hear,they might get off easy. They do that in the schools and they also did that in my workplace. A guy wanted to fight with me at work at Toyota G asketand they dragged us both to the conference room to lecture us. I was told it takes 2 to fight so it is my fault too. That is like telling someone walking along minding his own business and gets attacked by a wild animal or mugged by a criminal that is was there fault. I have to wonder do they blame the rape victims around here to for being raped. people in this area really are that stupid.
Rebecca Carol

AOL

#7 Jan 16, 2011
There are many forms of bullying all around today,in many areas. Bullying comes from those of whom want to feel they are superior over others in what ever manner they choose to use.Bullying as to in the schools is not just students,but also others such as teachers.All need to stand their ground in this matter!There are things going on that are wrong!If you are a parent of a student of whom you believe has a teacher of whom is postive for your student,step up and defend that one!
Rebecca Carol

AOL

#8 Jan 16, 2011
As to my early comment,there are teachers being treated with the manner of the bullying process and we need to keep the good teachers!
Liberty 4-all

Lexington, KY

#9 Jan 17, 2011
it happens everywhere
joe

Lexington, KY

#10 Jan 17, 2011
kick some butt
ateacher

United States

#11 Jan 18, 2011
I'm a teacher in the CMCSS school system and it's ridiculous...I wouldnt let my child attend a public school in Clarksvile. The only thing central office cares about is test scores... They dont see kids they see test scores and if you dont believe me go visit some schools, talk to the teachers and if they are honest they will tell you the same thing. Then they fire good, effective teachers for petty reasons and replace them with 21 year old kids who they train as standarized testing robots. The bullying that goes on is ridiculous. If a kid defends their self they get wrote up to which sooo isnt fair...
Mandy

Lexington, KY

#12 Jan 18, 2011
bully back is what I say
dane

Lexington, KY

#13 Jan 20, 2011
i concur.
ThomasA

Springville, AL

#14 Jan 21, 2011
ateacher wrote:
I'm a teacher in the CMCSS school system and it's ridiculous...I wouldnt let my child attend a public school in Clarksvile. The only thing central office cares about is test scores... They dont see kids they see test scores and if you dont believe me go visit some schools, talk to the teachers and if they are honest they will tell you the same thing. Then they fire good, effective teachers for petty reasons and replace them with 21 year old kids who they train as standarized testing robots. The bullying that goes on is ridiculous. If a kid defends their self they get wrote up to which sooo isnt fair...
If a kid defends their self they get wrote up to which sooo isnt fair... Please tell and convince the world that you are not an English teacher in Tennessee.
Jason

Clarksville, TN

#15 Jan 21, 2011
I recently moved here, so I have no idea what the schools are like. Back in Columbia, Illinois, there's pretty much a 'defend yourself' atmosphere in the public school systems.

Having been 1 out of 3 non-white kids at my school, you can imagine the **** I had to put up with. The first few times the different principals would tell me that it was wrong to defend myself. They told me to let the board deal with it.

Punishing bullies does absolutely nothing except make them angrier, and imbalance the scales even worse.

It sucked having to watch over my shoulder every time I was at my locker, gym locker, lunch table and anywhere else my back wasn't to a wall. After so much, I started to feel like a bully, because one punch or shove from them, and I was pounding their face into the tile.

But, something had to be done. Case in point, something has to be done about bullies. Publicizing, punishing and scrutinizing them doesn't stop the problem.

Kids like me who've dealt with this for years help to solve the problem. Or, at least, keep them in check.

And, don't down any form of martial arts. When I went to Tae Kwon Do in St. Louis, they did teach all the fancy kicks and spinning moves. But they also taught me something else. Coordination, confidence, and avoidance/shielding. The best thing I learned was anticipating a move and responding with a deflect, a move, and a strike, usually to the jaw.

I've taken my fair share of beatings and bullying. The best thing you can do is never back down, and deliver a dose of their own medicine.
ThomasA

Springville, AL

#16 Jan 21, 2011
In the old days bullys usually would finally pick on someone meaner or some big kid's brother and finally get his chimes rung and it was all over.. Fast forword to today. Kids have access to guns and have no idea or understand anger management. Parents let the kids bathe in violent TV and games so naturally ,why not handle their problems with bullys like they see on the tube? Scary
Ray

Clarksville, TN

#17 Jan 21, 2011
Fighting is a healthy normal response for certain situations. But with both sides getting suspended for a fight no questions asked and kids using guns, it's a scary world now. If your kid is going to get suspended for defending himself, make sure he beats the hell out of the bully so the bully will think twice about picking on your child again. The system is broke and so are most parents now days. If you child is a bully and you know it, spank that child and take away his stuff. If your child is a victim, teach him to defend himself and at the very least, have the balls to tale to the other kids father man to man. If the bullies dad wont take care of it, take care of the bullies dad. It's better you then your child getting in trouble or killed over this crap. Your kids are the most important things in your life so take care of them, protect them and teach them right and wrong.
anonymous1

Lexington, KY

#18 Jan 22, 2011
i suffer from bullies too.
sam

Lexington, KY

#19 Jan 24, 2011
hows it going?
pam

Lexington, KY

#20 Jan 25, 2011
the principal at our school is a bully

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clarksville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
new to city 16 hr told ya so 2
Scott Davis 23 hr guest 1
James Earl Farley Dec 15 James 2
clarksville mugshots Dec 10 Bareback Bear No ... 60
Principal sued by parents of child with nut all... Dec 9 Doctor Do-Right 3
Gangs in Clarksville (Feb '11) Dec 9 Streetrunner 224
Tim Hard-contractor Dec 5 I was taken 1
Clarksville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Clarksville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Clarksville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Clarksville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:55 am PST

NBC Sports 4:55AM
Sen'Derrick Marks has 600,000 reasons to play hard tonight
Bleacher Report 5:06 AM
Fantasy Football Week 16: Complete Thursday Night Preview
Bleacher Report 6:00 AM
Jaguars vs Titans: Full NFL 'Thursday Night Football' Preview and Prediction
Bleacher Report 8:00 AM
Thursday Night Football Week 16: TV Schedule, Live Stream for Titans vs. Jaguars
Bleacher Report11:59 AM
Jaguars Break Their Underdog Streak