Passing through

Glasgow, KY

#1 Jan 3, 2010
I was visiting family and went out for New Years at Kicker's, all in all pretty good people, and pretty nice club, but has anyone ever had trouble with some of the regulars back in the Karaoke part????
Ralph

Hendersonville, TN

#2 Jan 4, 2010
YES! Every time I go to Kickers to dance my face off those damn karaoke regulars steal my dancing shoes right off my feet and make me buy them delicious french fries with gravy. When I refused to buy them a round of warm milk and rubber sandwiches they tossed me down a flight of stairs and my glasses fell off.
omg

Glasgow, KY

#3 Jan 4, 2010
Ralph wrote:
YES! Every time I go to Kickers to dance my face off those damn karaoke regulars steal my dancing shoes right off my feet and make me buy them delicious french fries with gravy. When I refused to buy them a round of warm milk and rubber sandwiches they tossed me down a flight of stairs and my glasses fell off.
That was the best post I have ever read on topix!!! I think I have feel in love!! Hit me on my space, user name happy holidays!!
omg

Glasgow, KY

#4 Jan 4, 2010
Ralph wrote:
Well I liked the Club and the people who worked there, even the bouncer's they were all very nice, but!

In my 43 years I have been to all kinds of clubs, from honky tonks you had to hold up you pant legs in the muddy azz parking lot, to Vegas where they park your car for you, and people are the same everywhere. When there is trouble in a bar or club 9 out of 10 times it has something to do with a woman, and you know that’s true!! Not saying she starts but, she usually a factor. Yep this club was packed, it is about 2 in the morning everybody is still fired up, because the club dropped $2500,00 dollars for the ceiling at around mid-night, ok’ what in the hell is people thinking, the cover charge was 20.00 per person or 35.00 a couple, we are in a depression and they drop money, people it was like nothing I have ever seen, shit-fire there was no way in Sam-hello I was having any part of that crap, the dance floor already was covered in baby-powered for the line dancers and there they went, holly shit it was like Ice Hockey at it’s best in cowboy boots and 10 gal hats I was rolling. Nothing wrong with a hot cowboy in hat, boots and a tight pair of wrangler’s but well you would have had to be there, it was violent I tell you!

So anyway I keep going back and fourth between the dance club and the karaoke room, it was less crowed and the most clam for a while, well just like with having a good time, people want to wait till they are smashed to sing, then everybody wants to sing at one time, but then you have your time-sharer’s oh yeah’ Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra and a singing version Donna Summer, and they think they are on Star Search, people listen I love karaoke and on a good night I can sang Tanya better than Tanya, but I am not Tanya, I love her, would love to be but I am not!! So’ you have a table of time-sharer’s Dean, Frank and Donna, their mid-aged fun people, but they are on a mission, to make their dreams come true, and I am not saying they weren’t good but, him getting up there and giving a quit pissing and moaning speech to the crowd before he started singing his fifth song of the night, wasn’t the smartest move either, So what they thought was Star Search ended up being the Gong Show, in the middle of his little speech the crowed started booing, and booing him, and Donna went ape shit, so she waving her arms in air, screaming all kinds of crap, Frank is still determined to sing his song. The more he sang the more they booed the Donna went ape shit, I was cracking up, So there is this young boy at the table next to me, booing like everybody else didn’t look a day over 21, and there comes Donna in his face, he was freaking out and the next thing I know Frank comes barreling off the stage and starts smacking the kids head in the wall, oh it was crazy, because Donna is right in the middle, so I try to help Donna get out of the line of fire, because that is a down fall of being older, hell you kick in that Mama’ Bear roll wanting to help people, not knowing she was married to Frank, Omg it was a mess. All I could think about when it was over was, if we want to know why our youth is so jacked up, we probably should look at ourselves, because when you have a 50 year old going after the weakest link in the crowd something isn’t right!!!!

But anyway all in all I had a pretty good time, but I don’t care how much things change people stay the same!!!!
omg

Glasgow, KY

#5 Jan 4, 2010
Ralph wrote:
well I loved the club and the people working there, even the bounser's were very nice!! But
In my 43 years I have been to all kinds of clubs, from honky tonks you had to hold up you pant legs in the muddy azz parking lot, to Vegas where they park your car for you, and people are the same everywhere. When there is trouble in a bar or club 9 out of 10 times it has something to do with a woman, and you know that’s true!! Not saying she starts but, she usually a factor. Yep this club was packed, it is about 2 in the morning everybody is still fired up, because the club dropped $2500,00 dollars for the ceiling at around mid-night, ok’ what in the hell is people thinking, the cover charge was 20.00 per person or 35.00 a couple, we are in a depression and they drop money, people it was like nothing I have ever seen, shit-fire there was no way in Sam-hello I was having any part of that crap, the dance floor already was covered in baby-powered for the line dancers and there they went, holly shit it was like Ice Hockey at it’s best in cowboy boots and 10 gal hats I was rolling. Nothing wrong with a hot cowboy in hat, boots and a tight pair of wrangler’s but well you would have had to be there, it was violent I tell you!

So anyway I keep going back and fourth between the dance club and the karaoke room, it was less crowed and the most clam for a while, well just like with having a good time, people want to wait till they are smashed to sing, then everybody wants to sing at one time, but then you have your time-sharer’s oh yeah’ Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra and a singing version Donna Summer, and they think they are on Star Search, people listen I love karaoke and on a good night I can sang Tanya better than Tanya, but I am not Tanya, I love her, would love to be but I am not!! So’ you have a table of time-sharer’s Dean, Frank and Donna, their mid-aged fun people, but they are on a mission, to make their dreams come true, and I am not saying they weren’t good but, him getting up there and giving a quit pissing and moaning speech to the crowd before he started singing his fifth song of the night, wasn’t the smartest move either, So what they thought was Star Search ended up being the Gong Show, in the middle of his little speech the crowed started booing, and booing him, and Donna went ape shit, so she waving her arms in air, screaming all kinds of crap, Frank is still determined to sing his song. The more he sang the more they booed the Donna went ape shit, I was cracking up, So there is this young boy at the table next to me, booing like everybody else didn’t look a day over 21, and there comes Donna in his face, he was freaking out and the next thing I know Frank comes barreling off the stage and starts smacking the kids head in the wall, oh it was crazy, because Donna is right in the middle, so I try to help Donna get out of the line of fire, because that is a down fall of being older, hell you kick in that Mama’ Bear roll wanting to help people, not knowing she was married to Frank, Omg it was a mess. All I could think about when it was over was, if we want to know why our youth is so jacked up, we probably should look at ourselves, because when you have a 50 year old going after the weakest link in the crowd something isn’t right!!!!

But anyway all in all I had a pretty good time, but I don’t care how much things change people stay the same!!!!
omg

Glasgow, KY

#6 Jan 4, 2010
Ralph wrote:

Since: Feb 09

Cadet, MO

#7 May 6, 2010
We read it the first time....ha ha ha
sweetgirl

Bremen, IN

#8 Jul 8, 2010
Is Kickers going to open up again?
sweetgirl

Jacksonville, OH

#9 Jul 9, 2010
Where does the Kickers people hang out at now?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clarksville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Married couple seeking woman 5 hr lol 5
Your views on Antifa ? Sun White Boy 5
I still love you Sun Bluntwiskey 1
Mike Britt 2016 Feb 16 Windows 1
Who is this woman? Feb 16 Truth 2
Megan Robnett Feb 13 Mia 1
News 'I love this s*** ... I thrive on it,' Tennesse... Feb 12 Maggy 11

Clarksville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance