Mom Admits To Using Cocaine While Pre...

Mom Admits To Using Cocaine While Pregnant

There are 49 comments on the NewsChannel5.com Nashville story from Mar 20, 2009, titled Mom Admits To Using Cocaine While Pregnant. In it, NewsChannel5.com Nashville reports that:

Friday morning, a Clarksville mother found herself facing child abuses charges for allegedly using drugs while pregnant.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsChannel5.com Nashville.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Curious

Nashville, TN

#1 Mar 20, 2009
I would like to know why every woman that has used illegal drugs while pregnant isn't being charged. The mother of my grandson admitted to using cocaine while pregnant and NOTHING happened to her NOTHING!!
Ashley

Orlando, FL

#2 Mar 20, 2009
Good. I think that every woman who gives birth should be tested and charged with child abuse if they are using drugs while pregnant. If they do it to themselves, fine. To do this to a defencless child is unfair

“Knowledge comes-wisdom lingers”

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#3 Mar 20, 2009
I cant imagine doing that to a child ... The old verbiage "You are what you eat" doubly applies to Pregnant women .. Your Child is what you put in your system!!..

Perfect candidate for sterilization and she needs to give up all parental rights and just move on ...

Since: Nov 08

Clarksville

#4 Mar 20, 2009
Well, the saying goes "loose lips, sink ships". She should have just kept her mouth closed about it. But this brings up another issue. If they can charge her for child abuse for using cocaine while the childs in the womb, what about mothers who smoke cigarettes or booze it up? This is just as bad (probably worse) for the child! Yet law enforcement and child protective services does nothing about it. Also, it seems now law enforcement considers a "fetus" to be alive in the womb and can therefore charge this woman with child abuse, yet law enforcement can never see fit to ever bring up charges of MURDER to women that have abortions? What a joke this is.
Today

Ashland City, TN

#5 Mar 20, 2009
I have to agree wih Jugarum on this one. Its time to take a stand is a fetus alive or not? I say it is but thats just my opinon.

“Knowledge comes-wisdom lingers”

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#6 Mar 20, 2009
JugaRum wrote:
Well, the saying goes "loose lips, sink ships". She should have just kept her mouth closed about it. But this brings up another issue. If they can charge her for child abuse for using cocaine while the childs in the womb, what about mothers who smoke cigarettes or booze it up? This is just as bad (probably worse) for the child! Yet law enforcement and child protective services does nothing about it. Also, it seems now law enforcement considers a "fetus" to be alive in the womb and can therefore charge this woman with child abuse, yet law enforcement can never see fit to ever bring up charges of MURDER to women that have abortions? What a joke this is.
If the child is harmed during pregnancy .. the mother CAN and DOES get charged with MURDER ...

See Below
http://www.womensenews.org/article.cfm/dyn/ai...
Today

Ashland City, TN

#7 Mar 20, 2009
Then why can a doctor abort a child without being convicted of murder? Not saying she is right by any stretch.

Clarksville

#8 Mar 20, 2009
G-Oliver, you sort of proved my point with that link. Law enforcement has the gumption to charge a woman with murder (or in the other case, child abuse) because she used cocaine and had a stillborn child, yet they look the other way and don't charge women for aborting their children. Same outcome, different method! To me this is a double-standard.
Thomas

Springfield, IL

#9 Mar 20, 2009
JugaRum wrote:
G-Oliver, you sort of proved my point with that link. Law enforcement has the gumption to charge a woman with murder (or in the other case, child abuse) because she used cocaine and had a stillborn child, yet they look the other way and don't charge women for aborting their children. Same outcome, different method! To me this is a double-standard.
Every woman should be steralized until they are of a certain age, iq level, and meet some sort of financial level. Lets keep the dumb and lazy from abusing the system and harming their children
Anonymous

Manchester, TN

#10 Mar 20, 2009
Thomas wrote:
<quoted text>
Every woman should be steralized until they are of a certain age, iq level, and meet some sort of financial level. Lets keep the dumb and lazy from abusing the system and harming their children
Thomas,
Your comment makes absolutely no sense at all. If every woman is sterilized until they reach all of your prerequisites of becoming a mother, there wouldn't be any mothers. Sterilization is permanent.......DUH!!!!! With all due respect, with a comment like that, it's of my professional opinion as a woman that you should have been aborted at birth. THAT would keep the dumb and lazy from abusing our systems.

Clarksville

#11 Mar 20, 2009
Thomas, that's just ignorant. It's obvious you're blind, deaf and dumb. You've also managed to make an outstanding case for castration! Good job, troll.
michael principe

Brentwood, TN

#12 Mar 20, 2009
This women should be taken to the nearest health clinic as soon as possible and spay her so she can't bare anymore children. I known first hand two of her childern are my adopted grandsons. This isn't the first time my friends. The courts havn't been strict enough with her
Corey

United States

#13 Mar 20, 2009
Women that use drugs during pregnancy should be charged with child abuse BUT if you look at it that way ( and we should) why arent women who have abortions charged with murder? YOU CANT HAVE IT BOTH WAYS
Thomas

Springfield, IL

#14 Mar 20, 2009
Stop you’re pissing and moaning just because I used wrong terminology lets say instead some sort of birth control. By dumb and lazy i meant the people on wellfare and of course the iq level and financial status would not be high just at that right level so that they can afford the child. OH most of all you people have no sense of humor
Anonymous

Manchester, TN

#15 Mar 20, 2009
Thomas wrote:
Stop you’re pissing and moaning just because I used wrong terminology lets say instead some sort of birth control. By dumb and lazy i meant the people on wellfare and of course the iq level and financial status would not be high just at that right level so that they can afford the child. OH most of all you people have no sense of humor
Okay, Thomas...whatever you say....but please say what you mean and mean what you say. Okay? Honey, we only read it the way you wrote it so if you don't want us to take it the wrong way then like I said "say what you mean and mean what you say". As far as a sense of humor goes....I have one of the best sense of humor there is but I fail to see what is so funny about this topic. Therefore, I can only surmize that you must have a warped sense of humor.
Anonymous

Manchester, TN

#16 Mar 20, 2009
michael principe wrote:
This women should be taken to the nearest health clinic as soon as possible and spay her so she can't bare anymore children. I known first hand two of her childern are my adopted grandsons. This isn't the first time my friends. The courts havn't been strict enough with her
Michael,
I love your wording on this....SPAY? That is funny but I think a better word would be sterilize. But I know exactly what you mean and couldn't agree more with you. She's a poor excuse for a human being let alone a mother. She should be charged with child abuse, attempted murder (could have been fatal to the fetus)and court ordered to be sterilized. Then after all of that should have her dam a&& kicked good. Women that do things like that infuriate me.
Anonymous

Manchester, TN

#17 Mar 20, 2009
Corey wrote:
Women that use drugs during pregnancy should be charged with child abuse BUT if you look at it that way ( and we should) why arent women who have abortions charged with murder? YOU CANT HAVE IT BOTH WAYS
To consider abortion murder is really a matter of combining church and government. Well, we can't do that now, can we? We can take God out of our schools and off of our money so we definitely can't have Him interfering with our laws on abortion. They can say that a fetus is a living human being and if someone kills a pregnant woman and in the process kills that fetus, then they are charged with double homicide. However, they legalized abortion because they considered an anti-abortion law was a matter of religious principles. They feel that women should have the say-so over their bodies not the government or church. This is where we enter into a very gray area. I would certainly think that if they can say that a fetus is a living being that abortion should be considered murder, also. And the mother & doctor should be charged with homicide. But unfortunately, our wonderful lawmakers don't see it that way. And I consider it double standards as well.
Anonymous

Manchester, TN

#18 Mar 20, 2009
JugaRum wrote:
Thomas, that's just ignorant. It's obvious you're blind, deaf and dumb. You've also managed to make an outstanding case for castration! Good job, troll.
Awww, Jugarum....maybe we shouldn't be so hard on poor Thomas....he just doesn't know how to say what he means and mean what he says!! lol And I can't believe he has the audacity to tell us we need to get a sense of humor!!! A sense of humor about what? Abortion or using cocaine while pregnant?!!! He definitely has a WARPED sense of humor or perhaps he just lacks in brains.
jmf

Gallatin, TN

#19 Mar 20, 2009
If any woman that has a baby and blood test proves that the mom is on drugs I think she should never see that child again and go straight to jail. I feel that anyone who has a abortion is murdering a baby as well. The law really sucks when it comes to protecting the babies. A few cases will not apply, but most woman that aren't using birth control and men should use birth contol as well, have sex, they KNOW they may get pg, so in most cases it was NO accident and our law has made it so easy to just run out and abort a baby. SAD!SAD.I know we are coming down hard on the female, but what about the fools who get these drugged up woman pg? Should the bear any responsibilty? They probably did drugs along with the female.
Bubbles

Aliso Viejo, CA

#21 Mar 21, 2009
This SKANK should be sterilized. No more babies for her.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clarksville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jimmy Trodglen (Aug '15) 33 min Real TRUTH 6
Coach Pellegrino (Jun '14) 22 hr Brock 75
Who are the Rebels mc? (Sep '15) Wed screaming eagle 12
Jake's baby Apr 27 Raisin my boys 6
best urilogist in Clarksville Apr 27 james 1
Sarah Hammontree (Nov '15) Apr 26 Shelbie 7
Hankook Tire (Jan '15) Apr 23 Job searcher 10
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Clarksville Mortgages