solution

Detroit, MI

#22 Dec 8, 2010
I know an attny who will file a class action lawsuit if enuf ppl come forward to receive compensation and put them out 4 good!
Very Interested

Louisville, KY

#23 Dec 15, 2010
solution wrote:
I know an attny who will file a class action lawsuit if enuf ppl come forward to receive compensation and put them out 4 good!
Can you give me attorney information? I am very interested.
Long time resident

Louisville, KY

#24 Dec 17, 2010
Hank wrote:
Their commercials have to be the worste commercials I've seen. What's the deal with the dude with the spikes? Who does he think he is? Definitely does NOT make me want to buy a car from them.
After watching their ads, I have to assume they're on drugs.
The guy with the spikes is on an MTV show about rebuilding cars, or something to that fact

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#25 Dec 21, 2010
With everything posted I don't think I would trust buying a car from them now.....Thanks for all your input here!
Well

Poway, CA

#26 Dec 23, 2010
lisa wrote:
we have bought several cars from the lot, and never had any trouble with any of the cars. our last car we bought we have it down to 1800 on what we owe, and some major parts went bad, we didn't have the money to fix it, so we thought about trading it in. Knowing how we loved this car, they have went above and beyond helping us get the parts and working it into our payment rather then try to get us into a different car. they have been a big help for us.
Thats because they dont want trade ins. Just another way to milk your money... Big help and big price tag Im sure. They are why used car salesmen have the repuation that they have. Post Child for that purpose and that purpose only.
Well

Poway, CA

#27 Dec 23, 2010
solution wrote:
I'll vote for that. I had mine a whole whopping 14 days. Of course calls stared to them within 3 days that were not returned. 8000.00 for a piece of medal. Atleast parts of it was medal. LOL. Anyway, they took it, I lost my down payment and signed it back over to them. And no everything on the lot is NOT 299 down, only the ones they want you to have. So include that in the class action. Just try to pick any car on the lot for 299 down. Scum they are Scum.
laughing at you all

United States

#28 Jan 23, 2011
First of all, I have bought several cars from Jim Butner and they are not bad people! They sell USED cars! If you think that if you bought a new car you would not have problems, think again! For those of you that can't understand that, a car is a man made machine! They are not perfect. That is why they all have recalls! Second....you don't go to a car lot looking for a Mercedes when you can't afford to drive a pinto! Get real people, you can't get a Lincoln for 299.00 down anywhere! For those of you that were a couple days late on your payment, you don't go to Kroger and pay for your food tomorrow that you take home today! Pay your Damn bills on time. There is a reason its called a due date. For all of you that are shallow enough to think someone uses drugs because of their appearance....you need to Google Diggity Dave. That's his name. He actually is very much against drugs! I can't say much for that except, you are stupid! The bottom line is this: It is a used car lot, you are looking for a used car. You take your chances. Buy the warranty. If you art reasonable they will be too. If all you have is 299.00 down, don't expect to buy a Lincoln. You get what you pay for! Don't judge a book by its cover, I'm sure you are not a super model! You must have some insecurity if you are judging people you don't know. Most of all, keep your end of the deal! No one owes you anything. It's your responsibility to pay your bills, maintenance your vehicle, and not be cry baby bitches!
JRR

Louisville, KY

#29 Jan 24, 2011
laughing at you all wrote:
First of all, I have bought several cars from Jim Butner and they are not bad people! They sell USED cars! If you think that if you bought a new car you would not have problems, think again! For those of you that can't understand that, a car is a man made machine! They are not perfect. That is why they all have recalls! Second....you don't go to a car lot looking for a Mercedes when you can't afford to drive a pinto! Get real people, you can't get a Lincoln for 299.00 down anywhere! For those of you that were a couple days late on your payment, you don't go to Kroger and pay for your food tomorrow that you take home today! Pay your Damn bills on time. There is a reason its called a due date. For all of you that are shallow enough to think someone uses drugs because of their appearance....you need to Google Diggity Dave. That's his name. He actually is very much against drugs! I can't say much for that except, you are stupid! The bottom line is this: It is a used car lot, you are looking for a used car. You take your chances. Buy the warranty. If you art reasonable they will be too. If all you have is 299.00 down, don't expect to buy a Lincoln. You get what you pay for! Don't judge a book by its cover, I'm sure you are not a super model! You must have some insecurity if you are judging people you don't know. Most of all, keep your end of the deal! No one owes you anything. It's your responsibility to pay your bills, maintenance your vehicle, and not be cry baby bitches!
AMEN i feel the same way I have only owned butner "used" cars never had a problem never been taking advantage ofby them. GOOD PEOPLE in my book.
SLea

Louisville, KY

#30 Feb 7, 2011
I purchased a car from them. It is not running and I am going to lose my job if I do not get their help in replacing or repairing it. They are not concerned. What happens if I just let them take the car back? Does anyone know?
So True

Poway, CA

#31 Feb 8, 2011
SLea wrote:
I purchased a car from them. It is not running and I am going to lose my job if I do not get their help in replacing or repairing it. They are not concerned. What happens if I just let them take the car back? Does anyone know?
I took mine back within the first two weeks. I lost my, "check this out "laughing at you all" (what an idiot, you must be a hell of a man with great credit, to be a Jim Butner customer. "Loser" thats what you are, so who the hell are you laughing at? Check in your own stupid mirror an see what a$$ is looking back), okay, sorry bout that, but I had to let, "laughing at you all" know he's the joke"... I lost my $600 downpayment. Signed the car back over to them. Now if they choose they will sue you for the difference in what they can re-sell it for and what you owed.
mhk

United States

#32 Feb 10, 2011
we just bought car from them on tues 2/8 and it broke down less than 24 hours later!!! now they are giving me the run around..I called the BBB cause this is ridiculous and Iam so mad that we might have to pay them alot of money for a lemon!! dont buy from them just to be safe..i took a chance and now we are stuck waiting on them.
SLea

Louisville, KY

#33 Feb 10, 2011
Have you considered contacting WAVE 3 TROUBLESHOOTER? I am also contacting the BBB.
Good luck
Jallen

Louisville, KY

#34 Feb 11, 2011
I suggest staying far away from that lot they took advantage of me and im s single mom with 2 girls...
Happy Customer

Simpsonville, KY

#35 Feb 17, 2011
My family has bought several cars from this dealership and I truly believe they try to give each customer a quality vehicle. They are used cars and they can not help everything that goes wrong with them. They are car salesman not people that can see the future. They couldn't see that three days later someones car might break down. If they did they would have fixed it.

I have had a positive relationship with this dealership. I am so thankful that they gave me the chance to even get a vehicle and start building up my credit.
Anna

Louisville, KY

#36 Mar 6, 2011
JRR wrote:
<quoted text>
AMEN i feel the same way I have only owned butner "used" cars never had a problem never been taking advantage ofby them. GOOD PEOPLE in my book.
Good people huh? Are "Good People" defined as money-hungry a**holes? If they're "Good People", why do they repo after 1 day? A due date is a due date, but a $300 repo fee is $300!! Wake up, they're not good people. They talk to people like they're dogs after swiping what little money they have. I bought a car from them while in college, and have made every payment on time. Did they 'pimp my credit'? NO!! They didn't report a single payment to the credit bureaus. And to the above poster: You're an idiot. It only took one time for me to realize I was getting raped with their terms & interest. WAKE UP
lisa

United States

#37 Mar 10, 2011
My daughter bought a car from this lot, it has now been paid in full. She went to see about getting a new car from a new car lot and found out...not 1 payment had been reported to the credit bureau. Still no credit after paying off an 8000. Car loan!
Matt

Borden, IN

#38 Mar 14, 2011
Happy Customer wrote:
My family has bought several cars from this dealership and I truly believe they try to give each customer a quality vehicle. They are used cars and they can not help everything that goes wrong with them. They are car salesman not people that can see the future. They couldn't see that three days later someones car might break down. If they did they would have fixed it.
I have had a positive relationship with this dealership. I am so thankful that they gave me the chance to even get a vehicle and start building up my credit.
You cannot see the future true, we did not make it home with our vehicle when the front right wheel nearly came off held on by the last 2 threads on the wheel hub. They denied the repairs and said if we take it back we will be sued. I contimplated seeking legal action for neglect and still should. The nearly 200% inflation used to rape people who are in a tough position allready should be considered illegal. as far as building your credit, we learned this week that is a lie, as a "Finance" company onsite they use they only report negative (collections) credit, luckily we have not had any of those. I also discovered that they did not disclose mechanical or accident damage to this vehicle. I will be joining in on this if the information is passed on the attorney.
Brian Walcott

Louisville, KY

#39 Mar 21, 2011
lisa wrote:
My daughter bought a car from this lot, it has now been paid in full. She went to see about getting a new car from a new car lot and found out...not 1 payment had been reported to the credit bureau. Still no credit after paying off an 8000. Car loan!
I just bought a care from them on 03/19/11. When we were doing the paper wok I asked the finance guy if they reported to the credit agencies. I was told they do upon request only. So whenever I make a payment I intend to tell them I want all payments reported. Now that I see the posts here I am going to have my credit report monitored so I can see if they are reporting or not. I will report back here in a few months to pass along the info.
Brian Walcott

Louisville, KY

#40 Mar 21, 2011
Brian Walcott wrote:
<quoted text>
I just bought a care from them on 03/19/11. When we were doing the paper wok I asked the finance guy if they reported to the credit agencies. I was told they do upon request only. So whenever I make a payment I intend to tell them I want all payments reported. Now that I see the posts here I am going to have my credit report monitored so I can see if they are reporting or not. I will report back here in a few months to pass along the info.
P.S.... I was also told straight up by the same finance guy that they do not mess around with late payments (especially if it is one of the first payments that are late) As a matter of fact he said they are very quick to come out and repo if necessary. So as of right now the car I bought is running fine,(except the A/C). When I go back for the vehicle inspection I am going to see if they can give me a good deal on a A/C recharge. The A/C runs it just doesn't get very cold. I never run an A/C because of gas mileage reasons but it should have worked when I bought the car.
Scared Buyer

Louisville, KY

#41 Mar 24, 2011
I am glad I read this first. I was thinking about buying a car there. No way in Hell Now

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clarksville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
To: The New Albany Police Dept. Sep 24 hardwareman 2
Justice For David Camm (Dec '08) Sep 20 just me 8,254
IN Who do you support for Treasurer in Indiana in ... (Oct '10) Sep 19 party loyalty 98
Nice Houses To Rent Sep 13 Wonder 2
3 arrested for indecent exposure at Theatair X (Nov '13) Sep 6 KY Blue 9
Teen Accused Of Posting Nude Photos Of Underage... Aug '14 does it matter 1
so many cops (Dec '13) Aug '14 does it matter 9
Clarksville Dating
Find my Match

Clarksville Jobs

Clarksville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Clarksville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Clarksville

Personal Finance