Johnson To Hold Health Care Town Hall In DeKalb County

Aug 4, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WXIA-TV Atlanta

Rep. Hank Johnson announced Tuesday he will hold a town hall next week on health care reform legislation proposals being debated and drafted by Congress.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
No Government Takeover

Marietta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2009

I'll be there. I know the good Congressman will vote for this garbage no matter what. He is a liberal Dem after all. I will still be there to tell him how I feel about it.
Susan Oakes

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2009

My husband and I showed up at the August 10, 2009 town hall meeting at Perimeter College prior to 6 PM. The lines were already beyond long, and grew even longer once we secured our polite place in the line. After an 1.5 hour wait, we were turned away as the gym was completely filled. The lines snaked around and were poorly drawn, and the folks at the end of the line managed to move ahead and secure a better position than the courteous folks who arrived earlier. The public would have been better served if there had been less police protection and more town hall coordinators to manage the people flow/paths. Perhaps any future town hall meeting coordinators should anticipate a large turnout and plan accordingly. That would ease the disappointment to those that are unable to be accommodated.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Clarkston Discussions

Search the Clarkston Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 7 min you cant 39,410
Ga. Mother Pleads For Information Leading To Dr... Apr 15 Lillian Sutton 1
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) Apr 13 youfool 1,983
just a chat room(aspiring actress/actor?) (Oct '07) Apr 6 River 100
First Slice 4/1/14: Atlanta archbishop apologiz... Apr 2 Jorja Fox 3
Corrupt DA Robert James Apr 2 james is dirty 2
Vote For Me And I'll Set You Free Mar 27 Melody Maddox 2
•••

Flood Watch for Dekalb County was issued at April 18 at 9:14PM EDT

•••
•••

Clarkston News Video

•••
•••

Clarkston Jobs