Rounding up the Drugs: Harrison Count...

Rounding up the Drugs: Harrison County Mass Drug Arrests

There are 63 comments on the WDTV Bridgeport story from Apr 12, 2011, titled Rounding up the Drugs: Harrison County Mass Drug Arrests. In it, WDTV Bridgeport reports that:

Officers from all across Harrison County spent Tuesday looking for folks who sold drugs and guns to undercover informants with the Harrison County Drugs and Violent Crimes Task Force over the last year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WDTV Bridgeport.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Good Work

Fairmont, WV

#1 Apr 13, 2011
GREAT Job guys...keep it up...let's lock all the junkies up!
Really appreciate you all making the area safer for my children.
Bigpapa73

Parkersburg, WV

#2 Apr 13, 2011
Want to know who the boy is WBOY keeps showing on the news clip. He is not listed in the 21 people arrested.
1 HAPPY MOTHER

Clarksburg, WV

#3 Apr 13, 2011
Bigpapa73 wrote:
Want to know who the boy is WBOY keeps showing on the news clip. He is not listed in the 21 people arrested.
there are more listed in the newspaper, FINE JOB BY THE TASK FORCE!!!
Rayna

Fincastle, VA

#4 Apr 13, 2011
Bigpapa73 wrote:
What paper were they listed in?
Chunky Cheese

San Mateo, CA

#5 Apr 13, 2011
Exponent
Voter

United States

#6 Apr 13, 2011
Does anybody know WHY they refuse to fully staff this drug unit? And WHY everytime they are in the paper the Chiefs and Sheriff make excuses for why they WON'T give em more men. Sounds to me like they know what they are doing but that they need more people. We need to get on our political leaders butts and demand that they add to this unit. Our county and City are drowning in this drug problem and the task force are the only ones trying to pull us to safety. I say enough with the political bullpoop get them some help!!! And god bless you task force guys. Be careful!!!
budz

Fairmont, WV

#7 Apr 14, 2011
awesome job! get that junk outta here!!
Dillinger

United States

#8 Apr 14, 2011
Now they need to get the pill heads in jail also, starting with that waitress at the Parkette Restaurant. Her name is Crystal but she should go by nasty! Her and her brother Kevin and his underage girlfriend all need taken down. Some of the local law know about the problem up there but look the other way.I bet her boyfriend Rich dont know half the stuff she does. She will take anything but a bath!!!
faith

Clarksburg, WV

#9 Apr 14, 2011
speaking about drugs what about the clique club
1 post removed
granny

Charleston, WV

#11 Apr 15, 2011
the comments about any businesses should not be made so shame on you both. if the shoe was on the other foot you would not want people from those businesses talk about you. the forum is about the drug and firearm arrests.
Voter

United States

#12 Apr 15, 2011
Well they did it again!!! I live on Adams Avenue. Today as I was watching yet another drug deal outta of nowhere emerged these hairy bearded men with guns and badges. They ran down the dealer knocked him on his ass and carted him away. It was awesome to see. Then they took a second to stop and say hello to me and explained the guy was from philly and was a crack dealer. They said they were taking him to the federal courthouse and he'd be gone for awhile. If I can count right according to the paper and what I saw today, that's 54 arrests for them this week. Thank you Task Force. Keep up the GOOD work and be safe.
new to town

United States

#13 Apr 16, 2011
I've only lived here for a year, I came from Charlotte, NC where we didn't have nearly the drug issues that Clarksburg has. I would like to know if anybody can answer why there is such a huge issue over placing more people on the Drug Force. I don't understand it and thought maybe somebody could explain it. I've lived in several larger towns and I've never seen a town so bad with drugs as Clarksburg.
i know

United States

#14 Apr 16, 2011
Dillinger wrote:
Now they need to get the pill heads in jail also, starting with that waitress at the Parkette Restaurant. Her name is Crystal but she should go by nasty! Her and her brother Kevin and his underage girlfriend all need taken down. Some of the local law know about the problem up there but look the other way.I bet her boyfriend Rich dont know half the stuff she does. She will take anything but a bath!!!
Pills are a big problem in this town and also crack!!!!
1 post removed
Xcon

Terre Haute, IN

#16 Apr 17, 2011
Good work guys keep it up. These guys ruined my life and i hit rock bottom b4 it got better. Now im 1 year and 5 months sober and have never felt better. Arrest all of the dope dealers in clarksburg. Every last one of them deserve a long time in prison. They wouldnt sell that shit to there little brother or there kids but they have no problem ruining someone else's life. Good job Task Force. Big pat on the back from c-burg.
time for a change

United States

#17 Apr 17, 2011
I think its time we as Citizens of this town decide to either take back or communities from these drug dealers or do we just give it up to them. If you want to take it back then we have to get behind our law enforcement and start helping them. We also need to see that these drug forces get some more men. I'm calling every council member I can find numbers for tomorrow and demand they use my tax money to fight this problem. To the drug police...GOOD JOB! Please keep it up!
if you only knew

Fairmont, WV

#18 Apr 17, 2011
if you only knew exactly how bad drugs are it would probably make you sick. its not just in this area. its from morgantown all the way to charleston. i have friends that are cops so i hear it from them, and i also have a few friends that ive been friends with for 20 years that have seemed to fall off the wayside a bit. it has completely gotten out of control. i remember when you could go out and have a few beers and have a great time. now you could probably line up 10 random people and 6 would have something on/in them or looking for it. i dont think most of you realize how serious it is. its not just pills or weed anymore. heroin is way out of control. im not sure if any of you have heard of this stuff called 'bath salts' but people are overdosing on it left and right. you can buy it at that shop over in rosebud that used to be video world. it was supposed to be illegal starting the 14th but i would say hes still selling it. its a synthetic drug that is supposed to be like meth and heroin combined. doesnt even sound appealing to me. im hearing there are a lot more that will be going down in addition to everyone they got in the drug bust last week. it will get cleaned up its just gonna take time. this stuff is everywhere, and i would say all of you know someone that is using. it would probably surprise you a little. its bad.
Bigpapa73

Buckhannon, WV

#19 Apr 17, 2011
They need to come to Lost Creek at Hampton Meadows. Several people there that need busted. One boy was arrested in the bust last week he is home dealing again.
1 post removed
New To Town

United States

#21 Apr 17, 2011
Can anybody tell me WHY the staffing of the drug force is such a big issue. Do the political leaders in these towns and county NOT see that they are only placing their citizenry in harms way. I just don't understand it. Who is the MOST influential/powerful person in this area? I'll call them tomorrow is somebody will tell me who that person is. Please respond to this. I have children in this town.
Historian

United States

#22 Apr 17, 2011
"Wars are won on battlefields by brave men and steel and blood...not by politics or words or shallow promises.". Patton it was true then. Its true now.
corrupted

United States

#23 Apr 18, 2011
This town isnt what its cracked up to be.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clarksburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
bridgeport coach and harrison boe/ legal questions 6 hr Carrie D 12
Clarksburg is flourishing. 6 hr Mission Impossible 14
Food for thought 7 hr Thinking 14
Hey Clarksburg 8 hr Trayvon Baby Mama 10
Personal property taxes in Harrison County 9 hr McDuck 20
Casey Arbrogast 10 hr Fknwow 15
Young adult female seeks 14 hr Hey there 26

Clarksburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance