Harrison County's Worst School

Harrison County's Worst School

Posted in the Clarksburg Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Curious

Morgantown, WV

#1 Nov 3, 2011
So im curious! I know there are other parents on here, what school would you say really is the worst? I have dealt with a handful of the schools! The worst one i have dealt with in my own experience would probably be Nutter Fort Elementary. The school is more about Politics than it is education.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#2 Nov 3, 2011
I do not have a problem with Nutter Fort, But I do not look forward to my child going to WI. I have considered moving to another school area to avoid WI.
Imprtbrb

Clarksburg, WV

#3 Nov 3, 2011
WI is not bad if your kid isn't bad, just have to ignore the rumors and keep communication open with your kids and the teachers.
Curious

Morgantown, WV

#4 Nov 3, 2011
WI is a nightmare! I would invite any parent on facebook to join the group Complaints about Harrison County Schools. Its an true eye opener to a lot of the schools in the county. I know i was shocked to see some of the things that were occuring!
Truth

Bridgeport, WV

#5 Feb 22, 2012
You know I always find it interesting when people badmouth particular schools. More often than not, parents hate particular schools because they don't get to rule the roost. Teachers and administrators are slowly but surely taking back Harrison County Schools. Parents have been bullying the PROFESSIONALS long enough. It is time to call a spade a spade.
Beavis

Clarksburg, WV

#6 Feb 23, 2012
Truth wrote:
You know I always find it interesting when people badmouth particular schools. More often than not, parents hate particular schools because they don't get to rule the roost. Teachers and administrators are slowly but surely taking back Harrison County Schools. Parents have been bullying the PROFESSIONALS long enough. It is time to call a spade a spade.
Let's not bring race into this debate.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#7 Feb 23, 2012
Excuse me, whose kids are they? They're the parents. The taxpayers who pay the school teachers and administrator's salary.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#8 Feb 26, 2012
I think Wilsonburg has been in need of a good Administrator for many years now. It used to be a great school but for years now has went down hill. I would not want my children to attend.
education first

Fairmont, WV

#9 Feb 26, 2012
The Legislature will never enact Charter Schools in our lifetime. The alternative is the Parochial School system. St. Mary's and Notre Dame in Clarksburg are the best choices for a quality education in Harrison County. These schools challenge the students to higher standards of performance and are not bound by the rules that hold public school students back. It's the proper environment to get the best education.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#10 Feb 26, 2012
I disagree. I have more faith in the public system than the local private institutions.
Polly Ester

Valley Head, WV

#11 Feb 26, 2012
Honey, I graduated at the very top of my class from the School of Hard Knocks. Some would say it was the worst, but considering all, I've been just fine!
It's really more about what you do with what you have got, as opposed to what the school can do. I think too many parents these days don't want to fool with their children.. they don't want to raise them. Rather, they're looking for the school or somebody else to do the very tough job of parenting.
Truth

Clarksburg, WV

#12 Mar 19, 2012
lol
Beavis wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's not bring race into this debate.
Truth

Clarksburg, WV

#13 Mar 19, 2012
Sing it..... ;)
Polly Ester wrote:
Honey, I graduated at the very top of my class from the School of Hard Knocks. Some would say it was the worst, but considering all, I've been just fine!
It's really more about what you do with what you have got, as opposed to what the school can do. I think too many parents these days don't want to fool with their children.. they don't want to raise them. Rather, they're looking for the school or somebody else to do the very tough job of parenting.
Truth

Clarksburg, WV

#14 Mar 19, 2012
Please, paying the salaries.....people love to say that. With the average income being around 35,000 you hardly pay enough in taxes to be able to bully a teacher bc as you say "pay the salaries". You are right about one thing, you are the parent, so please, by all means, parent. That would make our job a whole lot easier. I don't bully doctors when I don't get the diagnosis I want. I don't think I know more than the mechanic that fixes my engine and I don't tell lawyers how to try cases. Why? Because I have no education or expertise on the matter.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/03/18/bad...
DontCallMeSnuffy wrote:
Excuse me, whose kids are they? They're the parents. The taxpayers who pay the school teachers and administrator's salary.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#15 Mar 19, 2012
Truth wrote:
Please, paying the salaries.....people love to say that. With the average income being around 35,000 you hardly pay enough in taxes to be able to bully a teacher bc as you say "pay the salaries".
How do you know what I make? How much taxes does a person have to pay before they can speak their mind about the quality of service they get?
Truth

Clarksburg, WV

#16 Mar 22, 2012
Nobody said you didn't have the right to question things, but don't think your right comes from paying taxes. That is absurd. Also, I don't know you. You could be a very involved parent, but here is something that may shock you if you are. YOU ARE IN THE MINORITY.
If you do question things however, there is a way to go about it. One thing parents don't get. If teachers believed half of the things kids came to school and said about their parents, CPS would be knocking down the doors of 50% of the school population. Professionals know that kids tend to take words and situations out of context as well as know how to manipulate better than most adults. The majority of teachers are good and try hard. Yes, there are some that are horrible, but there are horrible doctors and lawyers and so on. We have NO reason to not want your child to succeed. Their achievements as well as their failures fall back on us.
DontCallMeSnuffy wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know what I make? How much taxes does a person have to pay before they can speak their mind about the quality of service they get?
Sumokat

Clarksburg, WV

#17 Mar 22, 2012
I don't have children but I do pay taxes, and school levies,and all of the other BS that goes into teaching these delinquents. Does that mean I have a say in the education of everyone's children? Because, if my money is is being wasted on YOUR kids education, you can either pay me back or let the teachers do what I pay them to do. Too many parents expect the school system to raise their kids, that is until the discipline begins. Then its "your picking on my child", "you have no right to tell me how to raise my child".
Want to know why I'm for the legalization of abortion and birth control, because some people should just not have kids.(and I don't care how much money you make)
Truth

Clarksburg, WV

#18 Mar 25, 2012
LOL. I can see you are frustrated. You know I don't think a lot of people know that only people that actually own property pay any taxes that go towards education/levies. I would love to know the percent of the Harrison County population that voted "for" the levy that also doesn't own any property and won't pay a dime towards what they voted in favor of. That would be good research.
I will say that I believe money could be better handled. I can't say how, but I am sure it could. And yes, I believe that if you are property owner (bc only property owners who pay property tax pay anything towards education) you should be able to speak out on things. I don't begrudge parents from speaking up, but sadly we live in a county where the highest parent involvement day is Halloween Party Day. Nutter Fort Elementary has 1100 + students and out of those students how many parents do you think are actively involved with the school? I wonder? From what I hear, it is slim. I have been a teacher in this county for over a decade and there are proactive parents, but they are few. You are so right about what you said about discipline. I believe that the need for discipline would be slim if parents stepped up and I don't blame just parents. We live in a society where even our federal gov't pays the blame game. Why shouldn't it's citizens. Read the attached article.
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/03/18/bad...
Sumokat wrote:
I don't have children but I do pay taxes, and school levies,and all of the other BS that goes into teaching these delinquents. Does that mean I have a say in the education of everyone's children? Because, if my money is is being wasted on YOUR kids education, you can either pay me back or let the teachers do what I pay them to do. Too many parents expect the school system to raise their kids, that is until the discipline begins. Then its "your picking on my child", "you have no right to tell me how to raise my child".
Want to know why I'm for the legalization of abortion and birth control, because some people should just not have kids.(and I don't care how much money you make)

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#19 Mar 26, 2012
I am a property owner. I have a lot of sympathy for schoolteacher right up until the time they act like they own the kids or have more rights over them than the parents do.
Truth

Clarksburg, WV

#20 Mar 26, 2012
Hmmm...I am not sure I can think of a scenario when a teacher would act like they "own" the kids or have more rights. Can you give an example?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clarksburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Favorite (and least favorite) tattoos 32 min Adolf Hitler Fan 1
Justin Jackson 1 hr Gimmethetea 1
Cpd 1 hr Bill 23
Got You on VIDEO GARY KEITH Jr 1 hr Brady 78
Freddie Gray case: All charges dropped against ... 1 hr Lazlo 7
BEWARE 105 Charleston Avenue, Clarksburg WV (May '15) 2 hr Reality Check Chic 43
Who is Panda Shreeves? 3 hr Yuck 10

Clarksburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Clarksburg Mortgages