First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Nancy Drew

United States

#169 Apr 25, 2013
Beavis wrote:
<quoted text>
So I guess you think the Koran is the source of all goodness in the world?
But I'm sure you knew what I meant anyway.....
Pat

AOL

#170 Apr 26, 2013
We are on The Chick Fil A topix. They do not want Homosexs marriage.

I have lived in Virginia, Kentucky, Rhode Island, Conneticut, New Jersey, Florida,....we all feel the same. No Marriage for Same Sex, Period.

I am not NOt Not going against God. In fact when Atheist's are about to die. They all cry for God to save them. Interesting.

All Atheist's cry to God when they about to die.
Yes

United States

#171 Apr 26, 2013
Pat wrote:
We are on The Chick Fil A topix. They do not want Homosexs marriage.
I have lived in Virginia, Kentucky, Rhode Island, Conneticut, New Jersey, Florida,....we all feel the same. No Marriage for Same Sex, Period.
I am not NOt Not going against God. In fact when Atheist's are about to die. They all cry for God to save them. Interesting.
All Atheist's cry to God when they about to die.
What in the Hell is a homosexs marriage??? I bet all these judgemental people will be crying when they die and "God" ask them who they are to judge what he created. Oh wait, he DIDN'T create everyone equally, right?? He only created what Christians think is right!!! Lol
Anonymous

Roanoke, VA

#172 Apr 27, 2013
Best part is with all of you around . I ll have plenty of room in heaven. Your judge mental and atheist selfs enjoy hell. That mean if there were to be a next life I would think Pat would be a gay black boy and Yes would be a priest!

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#173 Apr 27, 2013
Pat, atheists do not "cry to God" when they are dying. In fact, if you knew some atheists, you would understand that we do not live our lives by irrational fears such as the certainty of dying. We understand that what is important is making the best lives possible for ourselves and those we love while we are here because this is it. We are not allowing con-artist priests and pastors to convince us to vote against our best interests because we will be awarded for it in some mythical fantasy world after we die.

When we die it will no doubt be the same experience as before we were born, and that's okay. In fact, it makes the quality of life we have while here all that more important. This is why you'll see atheists more likely to care about things like living wages, healthcare access, and education and less likely to care about guns, God, gays, and abortion.

As for your extreme opposition against same sex marriage, I'm not worried about it as you have already lost the war. The majority of Americans want same sex marriage as most of us know someone who is gay and know them to deserve the rights we have. You're on the immoral side of history here Pat, just like the Christians who used the Bible to promote slavery, and those who used the Bible to combat civil rights.

If you want to fight for something moral Pat, why don't you start a war for livable wages so that America won't continue to rank number 2 among developed nations in childhood poverty and hunger? Why don't you begin fighting for a national healthcare system so America doesn't rank 36 when it comes to healthcare access and outcomes?

Maybe you won't fight for these things Pat because you, like many Christians, don't actually care about what is moral or right, but more about how having someone to look down on gives you your identity and makes you feel better about yourself. In the end, isn't that what this is all about Pat -- the need to feel superior to a group of people inn order to rationalize your own arbitrary existence?
Beavis

Fairmont, WV

#174 Apr 27, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
Best part is with all of you around . I ll have plenty of room in heaven. Your judge mental and atheist selfs enjoy hell. That mean if there were to be a next life I would think Pat would be a gay black boy and Yes would be a priest!
I'm glad you're not judgmental.

Since: Feb 13

Grafton, WV

#175 May 1, 2013
Klaus K wrote:
The majority of Americans want same sex marriage as most of us know someone who is gay and know them to deserve the rights we have.
uh, actually, polls confirm that the majority only want 'civil unions', NOT marriage for gays. The majority has never wanted gays to be "married". And they shouldn't be "married" as it would change the very definition of marriage, one man/one woman. Period.

Since: Feb 13

Munford, TN

#176 May 1, 2013
goose67 wrote:
<quoted text>
uh, actually, polls confirm that the majority only want 'civil unions', NOT marriage for gays. The majority has never wanted gays to be "married". And they shouldn't be "married" as it would change the very definition of marriage, one man/one woman. Period.
WRONG.

Majority of Americans polled now support GAY MARRIAGE.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/53-percent...

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#177 May 1, 2013
goose67 wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh, actually, you're not only a bigot, but uninformed as well. Most recent polls show that Americans support GAY MARRIAGE by a 53% to 39% margin. Again, you're "changes the definition of marriage" line of "reasoning is nebulous and not an actual argument. Gay marriage doesn't change the definition of anything, 50% of heterosexual marriages end in divorce so why the hell should gays not be allowed to try to do better.

Also, civil unions do not bestow the same rights as marriage. There is is a huge difference in the benefits couples earn from marriage vs. civil unions. Another important thing to remember is that preliminary studies are showing gay couples raise more well-behaved and educationally successful children (gays tend to be more intellectually sophisticated and more likely to teach their children to respect those that are different. As a former teacher I would have rather taught kids raised by gays vs. the children of redneck judgmental Christians any day.

One last point: Conservatives are big on the whole anti-abortion thing even though statistically Americans do a TERRIBLE job of caring for children. More and more gay couples are providing stable homes for children who are less likely to be adopted. By denying gay marriage, you are not only denying a basic human right, but also the opportunity for unwanted children to be raised in a stable loving environment.
Renee

Clarksburg, WV

#178 May 1, 2013
Klaus K wrote:
IT DOESN'T CHANGE THE "DEFINITION" OF MARRIAGE YOU BIGOTED PIECE OF SH@T. LOVE AND COMMITMENT BETWEEN TWO CONSENSUAL ADULTS IS LOVE PERIOD! I HAVE ZERO PATIENCE FOR PIECES OF HUMAN EXCREMENT SUCH AS YOURSELF. IT'S NOT A CHOICE! THAT IS PROVEN SCIENTIFIC FACT. IF YOU DON'T KNOW THE RESEARCH THEN THAT IS YOUR OWN WILLFUL IGNORANCE!
THE ONLY THING YOU HAVE TO BACK UP YOUR HATE IS AN ABSOLUTE BULLS@$T BOOK THAT NOT ONLY CONTRADICTS ITSELF A MILLION TIMES OVER BUT ALSO SUPPORTS SLAVERY, THE RAPE OF WOMEN, STONING FOR MINOR "OFFENSES," DAMNATION FOR WEARING TWO DIFFERENT TYPES OF FABRIC, EATING SHELLFISH, OR HAVING DAIRY WITH MEAT.
IT IS AN IMMORAL, HATE-FILLED, AND CONTRADICTORY BOOK THAT HAS NO PLACE IN AN ADVANCED AND MORAL SOCIETY! F@$k CHICK-FIL-A -- WHICH SUPPORTS THE SAME PARTY THAT IS ANT-HEALTHCARE ACCESS, ANTI-LIVABLE WAGES, ANTI-COMMON SENSE BACKGROUND CHECKS, AND ANTI-QUALITY OF LIFE IN GENERAL!
Excuse the christian expression but AMEN KLAUS!
Wouldnt it be lovely if we could all cherry pick out of the bible what we wanted to live by and just shit can the rest of it?
Renee

Clarksburg, WV

#179 May 1, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think it is ok to blow up kids?
WTH?
Please tell me what blowing up kids and what happened in boston on the misguided action of two radical religious individuals at that has to do with the definition of marriage and if Gays should have a right to it.

If anything that travesty goes to show how religion and its limits and which religion is write and what part of it is right and how people fight over it and believe they have the right to kill individuals over it just goes to further prove what we are trying to say! Live and let live, to each his own. Take care of your own business. It has no effect on you or your life if two men or two women lay down together or have a piece of paper that makes their union official!
You are all over the place aren't you.
Renee

Clarksburg, WV

#180 May 1, 2013
Beavis wrote:
<quoted text>
So I guess you think the Koran is the source of all goodness in the world?
Don't be foolish!
That's like asking someone if they think one movie is shit then they must think another movie is amazing.
Believing the bible is the root of all evil is not saying she believes in any other god or religious teachings. I am assuming she is agnostic or athiest! Which means she believes there is no god if she is athiest, or if she is agnostic means that she isnt sure if she believes there is a god, but my understanding of agnostic is that the belief is if there is a higher power it is beyond any realm of mortal thinking that we could comprehend and no teachings or Gods be it the christian god, budda, allah or whatever is not 'the be all and end all god'

Just think about it, the bible as it is written was written at a time when the human population thought the world was flat ie 4 corners of the world! Dont you think God who created the world would have let them in on the fact it was round?

And how many times has the bible been translated and translated and translated?
Think things may have been misinterperated? Do you really think someone could live in the belly of a whale? Or that every animal in the kingdom could live on a big boat how were they fed? how did they all get there? Its a fable! Has anyone heard of the hero pattern?
Goose67

Grafton, WV

#181 Oct 29, 2014
Big_Suze_65 wrote:
<quoted text>
WRONG.
Majority of Americans polled now support GAY MARRIAGE.
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/53-percent...
No, actually, you are wrong. Most Americans do not support gay "marriage". They support civil unions. Of course they don't have the same rights. That's because gays should not be "married" to each other. disgusting. That's not bigoted. That's called having morals. I understand your confusion.
Tina

Clarksburg, WV

#182 Oct 29, 2014
Hanna wrote:
<quoted text>Hate is also wrong in God's eyes! If there is a God, he created everyone.....black, white, straight and gay, so get over it!
You live your life the way you see fit because you only have to answer for yourself and noone else. If there is a Heaven and Hell, a lot of so called christians are going to be surprised when their ass is burning in Hell for being hateful and judgemental!!
I can tell you are a God fearing person by the hatred you have for others....lmao! WWJD??
Amen
Never seen so many negative, judgmental people in my life. Someone asks about burglaries and the response is whatever.... why bother to even post.
Tina

Clarksburg, WV

#183 Oct 29, 2014
Goose67 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, actually, you are wrong. Most Americans do not support gay "marriage". They support civil unions. Of course they don't have the same rights. That's because gays should not be "married" to each other. disgusting. That's not bigoted. That's called having morals. I understand your confusion.
I agree no marriage for same sex individuals Nothing civil about it. But like many things it is not what the majority of Americans want nor did they vote for it, money and politics game.
Senator Alex Weinstein

Clarksburg, WV

#184 Oct 29, 2014
Tina wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen
Never seen so many negative, judgmental people in my life. Someone asks about burglaries and the response is whatever.... why bother to even post.
Don't get discouraged. It takes a while to find the Topix that get people going. You are well ahead of the pack.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clarksburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum 1 hr Guru 738
Dustin Baldwin (Dec '13) 3 hr wonderer 5
Man Found Unconscious in Stealey 4 hr adam 84
reds angels 5 hr LeeHarveyTeabag 20
Save the Waldo? 9 hr Clark S Burger 18
What happened to Jack Logar? (Jan '15) 23 hr E. Mcguire 15
Shawn Bryant Fri Chase 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Clarksburg Mortgages