Clarksburg, WV Police Shootings

Posted in the Clarksburg Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Joyce Baker

Trinity, TX

#1 Nov 15, 2008
It seems to me that the Clarksburg, WV police often act as judge, jury, and executioner, based on several killings by officers over the last few years. It seems once police decide somewhat is guilty and that they have committed a violent crime, the police will sometimes shoot this suspect, then claim it was justified.

One incident involves a Harrison county man was shot and killed back in October 2008 by a police officer. Dennis Albright was tracked to a basement of a friend's home. Police claim that Albright had been on the run and they also claimed he had shot and killed his girlfriend.
News story reporters write down what police tell them to write. During a press conference, authorities said Albright didn't give them an option of surrendering and that he "attempted" to fire on police. I am leary about the difference in wording between attempted to fire and actually fired on police.

I feel very uncomfortable when police make life and death decisions so frequently. As for downtown Clarksburg, I try to avoid that area completely since many people have told me that cops and court officials are corrupt in that county and may have gangster affiliations.
Debra Watson

Trinity, TX

#2 Nov 15, 2008
Some of the people in the world are on their way to hell and armaggedeon is on the way- what else would you expect from corrupt police? There is a special place in hell waiting for them.

We know of one man who was pulled over and harrassed by a nasty traffic cop, and it turned out the driver was an IRS agent. The poor cop was audited later that year and paid out of his ass for unreported personal income taxes.

Since: Feb 08

Greenwood WV

#3 Nov 15, 2008
I was told that Albright was firing his gun. Is that not true?
Serpico

Defiance, OH

#4 Nov 19, 2008
Well, first off, Joyce, Albright was not shot by a Clarksburg officer. The officer was from another department within the county. Moreover, that particular officer is a fine example of a good cop.

Second, Albright was a violent shitbag. Check out his criminal record at the Courthouse. Most who are familiar with him knew that it would be extremely unlikely that he would allow himself to be taken alive.

Third, there are numerous situations that could be considered "attempting" to fire on an officer. As far as I am concerned, if Albright drew his weapon, then the officer was completely justified in his actions.

Fourth, I am not necessarily pro-cop. There are a lot of crooked ones out there. And don't even get me started on corruption in this county...
Sandy

Trinity, TX

#5 Nov 21, 2008
There have been numerous incidents in Harrison County where the Clarksburg police have been at fault. I'm not familiar with the Albright case, nor have I done any research about it. From my previous legal experience I know that even though someone has a criminal background or someone dislikes him, is not a good indicator of whether or not to kill someone. If this idea was based on good judgment, then half of us would be killed just for walking down the street. That's why we have courts- to examine witnesses and provide evidence to find facts. We cannot be guided by gossip when it comes to human lives.

As far as Clarksburg police, I did read about incidents where several people were shot with firework mortar (the mortar that shoots up in the sky and explodes) over the last few years and they were severely burned. The people who shot the fireworks had private displays in July at their own homes. Several people who were shot with mortar have come close to death in these incidents, yet the police do nothing about it. They think these people are just having fun and once in awhile have an accident or two.
Clarksburg Citizen

Halethorpe, MD

#6 Nov 21, 2008
Sandy wrote:
There have been numerous incidents in Harrison County where the Clarksburg police have been at fault. I'm not familiar with the Albright case, nor have I done any research about it. From my previous legal experience I know that even though someone has a criminal background or someone dislikes him, is not a good indicator of whether or not to kill someone. If this idea was based on good judgment, then half of us would be killed just for walking down the street. That's why we have courts- to examine witnesses and provide evidence to find facts. We cannot be guided by gossip when it comes to human lives.
As far as Clarksburg police, I did read about incidents where several people were shot with firework mortar (the mortar that shoots up in the sky and explodes) over the last few years and they were severely burned. The people who shot the fireworks had private displays in July at their own homes. Several people who were shot with mortar have come close to death in these incidents, yet the police do nothing about it. They think these people are just having fun and once in awhile have an accident or two.
Sandy, I think you should stop while you’re behind because you don’t make a lick of sense.
Idiots

Clarksburg, WV

#7 Nov 21, 2008
DENNIS ALBRIGHT GUNNED DOWN A WOMAN IN COLD BLOOD. HE WILL ROT IN HELL.
Sandy

Trinity, TX

#8 Nov 22, 2008
Thanks Clarksburg citizen for your educated opinion. Maybe if you graduate high school someday your opinion will count for something. Then you will make a lick of sense yourself.
Clarksburg Citizen

United States

#9 Nov 23, 2008
Sandy wrote:
Thanks Clarksburg citizen for your educated opinion. Maybe if you graduate high school someday your opinion will count for something. Then you will make a lick of sense yourself.
Sandy, I think you have had a bad experience with the law. I also think alot of your opinion is only speculation in which you should have the facts correct before making yourself look ignorant.
Rodney

Defiance, OH

#10 Nov 24, 2008
Can't we all just get along?
CONCERNED

Carmel, IN

#11 Nov 29, 2008
UNTIL YOU HAVE WORN A BADGE OR DEALT WITH THE PUBLIC ( DRUNKS - DOPE HEADS- WOMEN ABUSERS- "TRASH" LIKE ALBRIGHT YOU HAVE NO BUSINESS JUDGING THESE MEN AND WOMEN, YOU WILL BE THE FIRST ONE TO CALL THESE FOLKS WHEN YOU NEED HELP,, THE LADY THAT THIS DIRT BAG ALBRIGHT ABUSED WAS TRYING TO GET AWAY FROM THIS PIECE OF ****, BECAUSE SHE WAS AFRAID OF HIM, HE MUST HAVE BEEN A REAL TOUGH GUY, GOING AROUND TRYING TO SCARE A WOMAN OR "WOMEN"--I KNEW THIS TRASH BAG IN SCHOOL, HE WAS A POT HEAD HEAD BY THE 7TH GRADE AND A PAIN PILL JUNKY BY THE TIME HE WAS 18, I WOULD BE CAREFUL WHO YOU ARE JUDGING!-- HE MADE THE COMMENT TO HIS "FRIEND" WHO'S HOUSE HE WAS HIDING UNDER--THEY WILL NOT TAKE ME ALIVE, AND I WILL TAKE ONE OR MORE OF THEM WITH ME !-- SOUNDS LIKE HE WAS A GREAT GUY !?
You_DONT_KNOW

New Albany, OH

#12 Nov 29, 2008
First and for most I will say I dont agree with what Dennis did... How ever I will say none of you knew the other side of him that loved his family... He was a great uncle and a good father,brother,and son.... He was troubled and did not get the help he desperatly needed...No one who really knew him thought it would ever go that far... And I think you should all stop and think if this was your family that it had happened to you no matter what hppens they are still family and will be missed.. So you can stop slamming him anytime because even though what he did was VERY wrong, he was still a human and had a family that will miss him....
Razor

Ithaca, NY

#13 Nov 29, 2008
Battering the police while feeling sorry for the killer is a perfect example of people running thier mouth about something they have no idea about. First of all the subject was shoot by a Harrison County Deputy, not a Clarksburg PD officer. For the record the officer is FAR FROM corrupt, he is an upstanding, intelligent young man that love his job and does it as well as any officer i know. He was also very upset about the shooting and did not want it to go that way. The subject was in a basement with no outside exits when he was found, they attempted to negotiate with him but he would not surrender. The SRT team made entry and tried to get him to drop his weapon all the way up until officers had physical contact with the subject he still did not drop the weapon. Proper force was used. The subject swore he would not go back to jail and in my opinion commited "suicide by cop." He did not fire but would not lower his weapon.

Maybe we should be questioning the rights of the female that this man promised to kill on several occasions before he acctually went through with it. Maybe if police agencys could judge people she would still be alive because this great upstanding citizen would have been headshot already.

The police in this area are far above average. We should be glad we live in an area where we don't have more big incidents like this.
worn out

Pickerington, OH

#14 Nov 29, 2008
i was told about this "site" today. i can not understand the continued obsession with this situation. dennis albright was a good person with a lot of problems. who of isn't bogged down with the everyday stresses of life? there is no excuse for the actions that occured, causing the deaths that have shook two families to the core. was dennis into drugs? yes. Had he ever threatened a woman ? yes. had he ever gone in search of help? yes.and was eventually told not to come back due to his confrontational behavior. duh!!! he was there because of that behavior. refusing to see him certainly didn't help him!!! he was clinically depressed. dennis lost his brother as a child. dennis lost the son he had raised for 8 years by finding out he wasn't the childs father, which didn't matter to him, but the child was yanked away to another state with no further contact.excuses, you may say. maybe. but you don't know what will make you snap. blame the ass who gave him the gun. blame the cops for not serving him with the warrants. they hunted him down after he shot jennifer. why didn't they do that to begin with? there are too many questions that will never be answered. i agree there are too many conflicting stories, but is that hurting you? no, but it is hurting his family. his children.so i say....let it go...get a life.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#15 Nov 29, 2008
worn out wrote:
i was told about this "site" today. i can not understand the continued obsession with this situation. dennis albright was a good person with a lot of problems. who of isn't bogged down with the everyday stresses of life? there is no excuse for the actions that occured, causing the deaths that have shook two families to the core. was dennis into drugs? yes. Had he ever threatened a woman ? yes. had he ever gone in search of help? yes.and was eventually told not to come back due to his confrontational behavior. duh!!! he was there because of that behavior. refusing to see him certainly didn't help him!!! he was clinically depressed. dennis lost his brother as a child. dennis lost the son he had raised for 8 years by finding out he wasn't the childs father, which didn't matter to him, but the child was yanked away to another state with no further contact.excuses, you may say. maybe. but you don't know what will make you snap. blame the ass who gave him the gun. blame the cops for not serving him with the warrants. they hunted him down after he shot jennifer. why didn't they do that to begin with? there are too many questions that will never be answered. i agree there are too many conflicting stories, but is that hurting you? no, but it is hurting his family. his children.so i say....let it go...get a life.
Everyone has problems and challenges in their life the rest of us do not go out and shoot people. Life sucks get a f*cking helmet. I am glad he is dead he was a prick. The police could not find him to serve the warrants earlier because he was already on the run. His network of dirt bag friends was hiding him until he
became a murder and they got scared and rolled on him because they didn't want to be charged with aiding him or harboring a fugitive. Plus it is a little easier to hide from 4-5 officers that are usually on duty than the 75+ that were looking for him after.

And for the record nobody "gave" him the gun. He stole it. Your next argument should be we should blame the company that made the gun. Another one with all pity for the killer and no facts. As for feeling sorry for his children, they are probably blessed that he is gone. Just a shame that little one had to stand there and cry with the killers sister and watch Jennifer die while they waited for EMS.

Poor Dennis :(

Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device from U.S. Cellular
Family in mourning

AOL

#16 Nov 30, 2008
Please let it go for the families of both Dennis and Jennifer. They need to get on with their lives and they don't need this constant reminder of a horrible incident. As they say hind sight is 20/20. The simple fact is that it was a horrible incident that can't be changed now, but constantly rehashing it only hurts the ones left behind. ALL of whom were innocent and loved both Jennifer and Dennis and MISS them terribly. Trust me the families of both wish things would have ended differently and that they could have changed the outcome. Your constant bashing of Dennis and the police won't change a thing. His family can't help what he did and they have been through enough. Remember there are children (neices, nephews, and 2 daughters) involved in this incident that loved him and this constant bashing and rehashing is hurtful to them. People please let it alone now for the sake of the ones left behind.
worn out

Pickerington, OH

#17 Dec 1, 2008
to razor 1979, jennifers child SAW NOTHING !!!!!
her aunt loves her more than that. there were other children there too. who saw nothing. thank god !!!! and F-U. dennis stole that gun, my ass. you are spreading unfounded rumors that you know nothing about. if you were not there, you don't know crap !!! so shut the F up !!!
sick and tired

Pickerington, OH

#18 Dec 1, 2008
Razor1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone has problems and challenges in their life the rest of us do not go out and shoot people. Life sucks get a f*cking helmet. I am glad he is dead he was a prick. The police could not find him to serve the warrants earlier because he was already on the run. His network of dirt bag friends was hiding him until he
became a murder and they got scared and rolled on him because they didn't want to be charged with aiding him or harboring a fugitive. Plus it is a little easier to hide from 4-5 officers that are usually on duty than the 75+ that were looking for him after.
And for the record nobody "gave" him the gun. He stole it. Your next argument should be we should blame the company that made the gun. Another one with all pity for the killer and no facts. As for feeling sorry for his children, they are probably blessed that he is gone. Just a shame that little one had to stand there and cry with the killers sister and watch Jennifer die while they waited for EMS.
Poor Dennis :(
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device from U.S. Cellular
you claim that others should get thier facts straight, when it is you should check yours. Ask anyone, Dennis was one of the most loving people you could ever meet. I know his temper better than most but he never caused harm to anyone who did not cause him harm first. When backed into a corner you either cower or you fight back. His definition of fighting back might have been have been different from yours but who are you to judge whether anyone is right or wrong? are you our creator? our creator is the only one who can judge us, and I am sure he has had to answer for all that he has done. As for his infant daughter watching her mother die, utter lies. She was in the house but not in the room. He did not steal the gun, it was repayment of a loan, so you may as well say sold illegally, but no justice has been sought for this breech of the law.
Those who KNEW Denny loved him and those of you who didn't, it's your loss because with all of his flaws, he is still one of the best men I have ever known. Always just a call away for all he loved. The world will never understand the loss of this great but imperfect father, brother, son, uncle, and friend.
sick and tired

Pickerington, OH

#19 Dec 1, 2008
I want to personally thank everyone trying to stop this mission of bashing Dennis. This was a tragedy that has torn apart many lives and the more it is in paper and a constant topic for conversation, the harder it is for those who love him to mourn so they can move on. Those of us who love him will never forget him because he is unforgetable. Once he touched your life it was forever changed.Those of you who missed your chance to know him, it is your loss. Keep your opinions to yourself. At this point all they can do is cause grief for his family and they do not deserve any of the grief that has come into thier lives the past couple of months as this tragic relationship came to a horrific end. Let them both rest in peace.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#20 Dec 2, 2008
The children saw nothing, bull.

The gun was given to him, bull.

I don't know who told you these things among other things that you seem to think you know that are incorrect. But I'm sure your information came family or someone close to the situation who is biased by their relationship with some party involved. All my information is unbiased fact. I did not personally know anyone involved and I am not taking any sides. All I know is what information I have reviewed as part of the investigation. I am not going to argue with people about if he was a "good person" or not. All I know is what is on record about him and his reputation with every police officer in the county and it is extensive and all bad.

I am done with this discussion. I will drop it if everyone else does.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clarksburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's your deal? 1 hr me 13
Guess who's back in jail 1 hr casual observer 7
That Spencer Guy 1 hr good4him 43
Guy @ go mart on w main & dale 3 hr Gogolmart 1
$ONAR CHECK/Fighter Sweep 4 hr casual observer 10
Fairmont woman high on weed 4 hr Amy McNuffins 3
trashy cburg woman lets 6 year old hit a joint 6 hr Lol lol lol lol 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Clarksburg Mortgages