Harrison Co SD Pulls out of Task Force

Posted in the Clarksburg Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Daniel

United States

#1 Dec 11, 2012
Well glad to see the sheriff did what he said he wouldnt do. WDTV reported the SD has pulled all officers of the Task Force

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#2 Dec 11, 2012
Huh...that is a head scratcher.
Daniel

United States

#3 Dec 11, 2012
Razor thst was my thought exactly
mimi

Clarksburg, WV

#4 Dec 11, 2012
Razor1979 wrote:
This is completely off subject but, do you know why your user name is blue, and others are black?
Sorry Razor

Lafayette, IN

#5 Dec 11, 2012
Razor1979 wrote:
It is not a head scratcher. As those of us not drunk on the Sheriff Marano's Kool Aid have said for the last several years, McAtee has an axe to grind with the Task Force. The Sheriff swallows every bit of ignorance that McAtee spews about the Task Force. It is simple "take my ball and go home" childish attitude that those of us who left saw years ago.
You sang the praises of the Sheriff and his dedication to fighting drugs. We told the truth of how the HCSD administration did everything they could to undermine the Task Force. The Sheriff ran the Task Force short on manpower for a long time. He threw someone in last minute so people such as yourself would scream that he did put someone in to bring it to full staff.
Now, just over one month after the election, he has shown his true colors. Surprisingly enough, it is just as we said a long time ago. This move is based solely on the fact that the Sheriff dislikes Chief Walker and Chief McAtee dislikes Brian Purkey.
All that being said, your comment of "that is a head scratcher" is unjustified. You were told the truth and you argued that we were wrong. We all left that department precisely because of the that kind of attitude by the administration.
The is no "head scratching" now. You fought to get him reelected, so now you need to sing his praises of his great move to leave the Task Force. Not that we who worked there for years would know, but you will now hear about every tiny bust the SCAD unit makes. You will now be flooded with all the incredible and amazing things SCAD is doing that the Task Force never did.
Sad part is that there are so many people that will just keep drinking that Kool Aid. So many will talk of the great job being done. No one will actually look and see what is really happening. "The numbers game" is just that, a game. I can assure you that inflated numbers to show productivity are easily done at that department; and, SCAD will be no different.
Again, not that those of us that worked there would know.

Location hidden

#6 Dec 11, 2012
mimi wrote:
<quoted text>
This is completely off subject but, do you know why your user name is blue, and others are black?
that is because I am registered.

Location hidden

#7 Dec 11, 2012
Sorry Razor wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not a head scratcher. As those of us not drunk on the Sheriff Marano's Kool Aid have said for the last several years, McAtee has an axe to grind with the Task Force. The Sheriff swallows every bit of ignorance that McAtee spews about the Task Force. It is simple "take my ball and go home" childish attitude that those of us who left saw years ago.
You sang the praises of the Sheriff and his dedication to fighting drugs. We told the truth of how the HCSD administration did everything they could to undermine the Task Force. The Sheriff ran the Task Force short on manpower for a long time. He threw someone in last minute so people such as yourself would scream that he did put someone in to bring it to full staff.
Now, just over one month after the election, he has shown his true colors. Surprisingly enough, it is just as we said a long time ago. This move is based solely on the fact that the Sheriff dislikes Chief Walker and Chief McAtee dislikes Brian Purkey.
All that being said, your comment of "that is a head scratcher" is unjustified. You were told the truth and you argued that we were wrong. We all left that department precisely because of the that kind of attitude by the administration.
The is no "head scratching" now. You fought to get him reelected, so now you need to sing his praises of his great move to leave the Task Force. Not that we who worked there for years would know, but you will now hear about every tiny bust the SCAD unit makes. You will now be flooded with all the incredible and amazing things SCAD is doing that the Task Force never did.
Sad part is that there are so many people that will just keep drinking that Kool Aid. So many will talk of the great job being done. No one will actually look and see what is really happening. "The numbers game" is just that, a game. I can assure you that inflated numbers to show productivity are easily done at that department; and, SCAD will be no different.
I had that coming. What can I say? I could have never guessed a move like this would be made. I am pretty suprised. I hope that the situation is more than meets the eye and it is not as transparent a move as it seems.
redneck

West Union, WV

#8 Dec 11, 2012
Sorry Razor wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad to see mcatee doing good ! ask grandma
mimi

Clarksburg, WV

#9 Dec 11, 2012
Razor1979 wrote:
<quoted text>that is because I am registered.
Oh ok, thank you.
LJ Maxey

Clarksburg, WV

#10 Dec 12, 2012
Razor1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
I had that coming. What can I say? I could have never guessed a move like this would be made. I am pretty suprised. I hope that the situation is more than meets the eye and it is not as transparent a move as it seems.
All I'll say right now is; "I told you so." The people voted and this is what they get when they let the "machine" choose their sheriff. They listened to four (4) former sheriffs, who may be nice guys...but they are part of the machine. No one in their right mind could think this is a good decision. The Task Force and SCAD never cooperated; and they cannot continue to operate independent of each other in this county without someone getting killed or injured. There is a solution, but I'll wait to see how this plays out over the next few days before I comment any further.
Gambino

Shinnston, WV

#11 Dec 12, 2012
Razor,

You still swallowing Marano's load every night?
sorry razor SANDY

United States

#12 Dec 12, 2012
Razor1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
t
Sandy Audia aka sorry razor and razor 1979.. sandy pretty sad when you have to wrote separate conversations with yourself. Pulled
Ip addresses all audia . Sorry to hear you got fired from Clarksburg PD.. NOT ..HAHAHA
amazedbyignoranc e

Springfield, NJ

#13 Dec 12, 2012
sorry razor SANDY wrote:
<quoted text>t
Sandy Audia aka sorry razor and razor 1979.. sandy pretty sad when you have to wrote separate conversations with yourself. Pulled
Ip addresses all audia . Sorry to hear you got fired from Clarksburg PD.. NOT ..HAHAHA
You must be the one person on Topix who doesn't know who Razor is....
The Solution

Fairmont, WV

#14 Dec 12, 2012
The solution is coming. The feds will step in with the WV State Police and Alberts power play regarding jurisdiction will be as lame as his Sheriffship. Between the DEA deputations for drug investigations and the US Marshals deputations for arrest authority, the task force will be able to roam a hell of a lot further than Albert and his cronies can imagine. The task force will survive and be stronger than ever and Albert will look like the ass that he is.
greysquirrel

Clarksburg, WV

#15 Dec 12, 2012
I would like to say I hate to say I told you so but that would be a lie and I don't hate saying it, in fact I love saying it. It is a shame that the citizens of Harrison County have to pay the price for the sheriff and his chief being able to get a little bit of childish axe grinding revenge in and make no mistake that is all that it is.

By Albert pulling out of the Task Force what he has done is to give all the big drug dealers an open invitation to set up shop outside of the city limits.

I am not putting the guys down on SCAD when I say this because it is not their fault but there is no way that they are prepared to take on any big drug cases. They don't have the manpower, they don't have the training, they are not going to get the proper training because the SD is not going to pay the cost that would be incurred for the proper training, they don't have the experience and they are being run by someone that does not have a true interest in doing something about the drug problem but is more interested in numbers.

While I am on that subject let me point a few things out about those numbers that are being reported for SCAD. I have heard there were 134 arrest made by SCAD. Sounds pretty impressive doesn't it? What the numbers players are not telling you is that those "arrest" include tickets for possession less than 15 grams, a misdemeanor offense, and arrest made on other agencies and officers warrants that SCAD had nothing to do with the investigation that produced that warrant.

Those numbers also include tickets and such that were made by scad when they were called to the scene of a traffic stop that a non scad officer made. Don't just go by the numbers that are reported, they can be made to look anyway that they are wanted to be made to look like.

It takes years to learn to work drug cases, it takes mentoring from experienced investigators to teach junior officers how to properly do those cases, a service that was offered by the Task Force to the SCAD unit but that was disallowed by the chief deputy that I believe is causing the majority of the problems.

I posted that the people of Harrison County needed to take the time to learn about the candidates in the election and vote for the right guy regardless of the political party, evidently the drug dealers listened to my advice.

Albert thinks that if he pulls out of the Task Force then the Task Force will cease to exist because it is only by his power that it does exist and I for one will be only too happy to see him proved wrong. Even if, and it is highly doubtful that it will happen, the Task Force will only be able to conduct cases inside of Clarksburg and Bridgeport then they will continue to do a great job and the citizens in those cities will reap the reward because all the bigger dealers will move their operations out of the city and into the rural communities and into the smaller towns.

I hope all of you who just voted a straight ticket and all of you who swallowed all of the BS that was fed to you before the election are happy with what you got, you were warned by those of us who knew what we were talking about because we lived with it directly and saw what was going on.

Location hidden

#16 Dec 12, 2012
amazedbyignorance wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be the one person on Topix who doesn't know who Razor is....
You can't convience him Im not Sandy Audia. He is really stuck on that. I see his bar is for sale online. I am thinking of buying it and kicking his sorry ass out. I would make a good landlord I think.

As for the whole situation here. I am off the defending the sheriff bandwagon at this point. I don't get it. I think he is a great guy but this is amazing. I want to give him the benefit of the doubt that he knows what he is doing, but I will not be the one here fighting on his behalf because I obviously don't know what is going on. I can't justify this move.

On the other hand JC Maxey cried about this very issue all through the election and was struck down by the voters in a crushing victory. Maybe Albert took this election as a mandate for him to handle this issue the way he feels fit. At the local level small elections like county sheriff have major consequenses. When you come out heavy on one side or the other you have to expect a backlash if you are on the losing side. It seems like the task force is on the losing side. I don't beilive they will be hurt in the long run. They have great guys on that unit and a great leader. The SCAD unit has been under funded and under performing, but now they will add as many as 4 deputies...Im pretty sure they will get ALOT better immediatly. It is a power political move and it is going to damage relationships between agencies, but i dont think the sheriff will do anything to lower the level of service the department provides. In fact I think it may cause competition between the task force and SCAD and the sheriff wanting the SCAD to have every oppertunity to succeed. Maybe the people of Harrison County will come out on top in the end through healthy competition.
Harry

United States

#17 Dec 12, 2012
I figure he wants a little bit of money. Hope you got some backing
1 post removed
greysquirrel

Clarksburg, WV

#19 Dec 13, 2012
That is what happens when you live in an area where people are more worried about voting for the democrat rather than the right person for the job. If LJ Maxey had been the most highly decorated, most awsomely endorsed individual in the world he still would have lost because unfortunately Harrison County is full of fools who vote for the party instead of the man AND THAT IS COMING FROM A DEMOCRAT.

Location hidden

#20 Dec 13, 2012
I think you are wrong about that since we have had republican Sheriffs in the past. I know Troopo was, I think another one was also, forget his name. Maxey was a bad candidate in my opinion. Nobody worth electing ran because of Alberts so popular. When you spend your career undercover and half the cops don't even know who you are it is hard to enter an election and talk about your expierience.
Gambino

Shinnston, WV

#21 Dec 14, 2012
Razor1979 wrote:
I think you are wrong about that since we have had republican Sheriffs in the past. I know Troopo was, I think another one was also, forget his name. Maxey was a bad candidate in my opinion. Nobody worth electing ran because of Alberts so popular. When you spend your career undercover and half the cops don't even know who you are it is hard to enter an election and talk about your expierience.
Lol Razor's still on his knees for Marano I see. Did you spit or swallow this time?

And it's TRUPO not Troopo smart guy. You'd think such a sheriff-sniffing little turd like you would have known that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clarksburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Your town one with alot of hookers? (May '09) 1 hr johnDINGLEscooter... 42
Defendant Isaiah R. Hilliard pleaded guilty 2 hr Vainglorious 20
The Best (Nov '11) 2 hr johnDINGLEscooter... 46
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 2 hr Nosy Rosie 4,484
Luke the bicycle guy. 4 hr Will 1
Robinson Grand Theater. 4 hr Gary Keith Rock 25
Cute red head at at&t at the mall 4 hr Will 53

Clarksburg Jobs

Personal Finance

Clarksburg Mortgages