Domestic Violence Grant Awarded to 3 ...

Domestic Violence Grant Awarded to 3 Harrison County Agencies

There are 8 comments on the www.wdtv.com story from Jul 30, 2009, titled Domestic Violence Grant Awarded to 3 Harrison County Agencies. In it, www.wdtv.com reports that:

Three Harrison County agencies receive a grant to help combat domestic violence.

The "Services, Training, Officers, Prosecutors" or "STOP" Violence Against Women Grant has been awarded to the Clarksburg Police Department, Harrison County Prosecutors Office, and Hope Incorporated.

There will now be an assistant prosecutor dedicated to domestic violence cases, a $20,000 fund to pay overtime police work, and a domestic violence advocate at the courthouse.

It's estimated that more than one million women are victims of domestic violence each year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.wdtv.com.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#1 Jul 30, 2009
Great program, great job by CKPD going out looking for this money. The additional training and the officers, the prosecutor doing nothing but domestic violence and the advocate at the courthouse will all be very important tools to help people who feel like they have no options.
Hahahaha

Clear Spring, MD

#2 Jul 30, 2009
Yes, like the CKPD will do anything save for hanging at eatnpark with the extra money

Location hidden

#3 Jul 30, 2009
Maybe sometime in your life your mother, daughter, or someone else you love will be in a relationship where they get beat and don't know how to get out of it, you will think that's hilarious loser.
DYMONGRL

United States

#4 Aug 2, 2009
Being involved since Nov 2008 with this new approach to domestic violence, I can say, CKPD has done an excellent job. But, more work needs to be done on my part. "CHICKEN".......I've seen you in here. By the time you finish reading this, you will know who i am! Take cover and let the games begin! Seven long years of waiting for you to get your crap together. I'm done! By the way, what happen with running youself off the Fairmont bridge? I had my lawn chair and popcorn ready! How's that new girlfriend of yours? Oh wait a min, that's right, you two were involved in a domestic call at Billy's! You will never learn!I am happy you have moved on from my daughter. But, geez, I just can't let go! See ya in HELL CRACKHEAD! Please run for magistrate again...I have a really long editorial for the newspaper! As long I speak the truth....You just have to suck it up! C YA at election time!

Location hidden

#5 Aug 2, 2009
Wow.

I have no idea who you are talking to, but this chicken person sounds pretty screwed.
chuck

Clarksburg, WV

#6 Jan 28, 2013
God bless this program !
Cindy

United States

#7 Jan 30, 2013
I am glad people are going to get help
LLC

Bridgeport, WV

#8 Feb 3, 2013
Great !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clarksburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Weinstine Stolen Valor 10 min Licensed PI 32
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 45 min melissa 4,468
New Outlaw MC in Area? Wolfpack (Jun '14) 2 hr Licensed PI 73
MAGA... Making America Great Again 2 hr Licensed PI 44
Large-scale layoffs at Mylan 4 hr Anna 1
Decoy 5 hr RebelAirForce DOT... 1
Body found in the West Fork River 6 hr Geez 56

Clarksburg Jobs

Personal Finance

Clarksburg Mortgages