Where is a good place to meet people

Posted in the Clarksburg Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Out of town

Fort Worth, TX

#1 Aug 15, 2010
Hi I'm moving here next month and just trying to find out where the best bars/ hangouts to meet people
I'm 25 if that helps.
Phantom

Ville Platte, LA

#2 Aug 15, 2010
Are you going to attend Salem U.? There are no reputable hangouts in Salem. A little more variety in Clarksburg.
Out of town

Fort Worth, TX

#3 Aug 15, 2010
No just moving to clarksburg.
being me

United States

#4 Aug 15, 2010
If u r into bikes I would suggest P.J.Kellys,its a bike bar so to speak. It's also right across the st. from the Harrison County Courthouse where all the "important" people work.If u r not into that go to the bar on main st. BEWARE OF THE CLAARKSBURG POLICE DEPT.they r a**holes!!!
Bart Simpson

Easton, MD

#5 Aug 15, 2010
Go to Pj's it's not just a biker bar, they have bike night on Thursday night.
Out of town

Fort Worth, TX

#6 Aug 16, 2010
Sounds good. I ride a ducati is it just a Harley type crowd or all types of bikes?
Robbie Halford

Clarksburg, WV

#7 Aug 16, 2010
Out of town wrote:
Sounds good. I ride a ducati is it just a Harley type crowd or all types of bikes?
More like the Blue Oyster Bar from Police Academy (I-IV). I think tonight is A$$le$$ Leather Chaps Nite (1/2-off drink specials) with an impromptu performance by local Cher impersonator Phil Wiseman and his band, Queefs of the StoneAge.
Btw: Ducatis are made in Bologna, Italy, right? I love Bologna! I'd love to show you my Monster.
being me

United States

#8 Aug 16, 2010
All types of bikes are welcome.It eally is a nice place to go on any given night.They have different specials on diffeent nights. go and enjoy.
MilitaryWife02

Fairmont, WV

#9 Aug 16, 2010
People are nice here but not really too many that are receptive to newcomers. They all kind of grew up with each other and stick with who they know. We are military and have been here for several months and still have not found good friends. Not a lot to do here either unless you are in Morgantown around the college. Maybe for a single person though it might be a lot easier. Good luck hun.
being me

United States

#10 Aug 16, 2010
If you go to Morgantown than you have to worry about getting back to Clarksbug.My question to you is it worth it .Its a long ride when you had more to drink. The cops are bad because of the University.Just trying to be a friend.
Brightest Blessings

Clarksburg, WV

#11 Aug 17, 2010
MilitaryWife02 wrote:
People are nice here but not really too many that are receptive to newcomers. They all kind of grew up with each other and stick with who they know. We are military and have been here for several months and still have not found good friends. Not a lot to do here either unless you are in Morgantown around the college. Maybe for a single person though it might be a lot easier. Good luck hun.
I can echo that sentiment. I moved here a few years ago and found that people dont warm up to newcomers as quickly as they do out west. Once they decide you're ok, you have a fiend for life. It takes forever to get to that point, however. Just a different culture. We assimilate.
Going to a neighborhood church will help, if your into that. So will eating ramps and going hunting. I dont do any of those things, so I have handicapped myself to some degree.
HMH

Grafton, WV

#12 Aug 17, 2010
being me wrote:
If you go to Morgantown than you have to worry about getting back to Clarksbug.My question to you is it worth it .Its a long ride when you had more to drink. The cops are bad because of the University.Just trying to be a friend.
On the contrary. Follow the speed limits that are posted and stay between the lines. If you can do that much, the Morgantown PD rarely gives anyone trouble.
HMH

Grafton, WV

#13 Aug 17, 2010
Brightest Blessings wrote:
<quoted text>
I can echo that sentiment. I moved here a few years ago and found that people dont warm up to newcomers as quickly as they do out west. Once they decide you're ok, you have a fiend for life. It takes forever to get to that point, however. Just a different culture. We assimilate.
Going to a neighborhood church will help, if your into that. So will eating ramps and going hunting. I dont do any of those things, so I have handicapped myself to some degree.
Haha, yes, eat some ramps...that always helps one make friends.
Newcomer

Fairmont, WV

#14 Aug 17, 2010
MilitaryWife02 wrote:
People are nice here but not really too many that are receptive to newcomers. They all kind of grew up with each other and stick with who they know. We are military and have been here for several months and still have not found good friends. Not a lot to do here either unless you are in Morgantown around the college. Maybe for a single person though it might be a lot easier. Good luck hun.
It's really nice to hear someone else say this! I've been here a couple of months, and I have to say that the natives here aren't all that friendly. Totally surprised me!
Out of town

United States

#15 Aug 17, 2010
Well it's a pretty decent sized town I had guessed people would be a little more inviting. Sad but I suppose I will deal with it!
HMH

Grafton, WV

#16 Aug 17, 2010
You "newcomers" and "out of towners" are in store for a treat. Early in September the Italian Heritage Festival (AKA Tally Rally) will be held in Clarksburg. This is the time of year when you can observe fat drunken whops shoving greasy sausages down their throats like they are going outta style. Plan to attend. You will find it endlessly amusing. It is a classic in the town of Clarksburg.
Out of town

Philadelphia, PA

#17 Oct 6, 2010
Ok really cannot find anywhere that people really hang out. Any hints or suggestions? And I missed the sausage fest damn pretty upset right now.
Reds Angels

Alexandria, VA

#18 Oct 6, 2010
Go to Reds Angels.
HMH

Grafton, WV

#19 Oct 7, 2010
Out of town wrote:
Ok really cannot find anywhere that people really hang out. Any hints or suggestions? And I missed the sausage fest damn pretty upset right now.
What is your kind of scene? Do you like to gamble, drink or what exactly? Are you gay or straight? Are you into country music, rock and roll or say...alternative. This info might help me suggest a good hang out spot.
umm

Fairmont, WV

#20 Oct 8, 2010
HMH wrote:
<quoted text>
What is your kind of scene? Do you like to gamble, drink or what exactly? Are you gay or straight? Are you into country music, rock and roll or say...alternative. This info might help me suggest a good hang out spot.
Think "sausage fest" might give you a hint? LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clarksburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Whar'd the Davidson brothers post go? (Jun '13) 5 hr Trent 112
Red's Angel's (Sep '10) 5 hr Sparklebbydidy 525
Joe Shaffer is resigning as prosecuting attorney 6 hr start the celebra... 3
Magistrate Mark Gorby 7 hr F0cktard Mark GORBY 235
Countdown to Alex 9 hr pamperedprincess 37
Tractor-trailer accident on Rt. 50 shuts down E... 13 hr News Worthy 1
anyone hear of paul dennison getting busted 13 hr casual observer 23
Clarksburg Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Clarksburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:43 am PST

NFL 8:43AM
Jimmy Haslam: Browns have to get a QB in 2015
Bleacher Report 9:17 AM
Jimmy Haslam Speaks on Browns' 2015 QB Situation
Bleacher Report12:23 PM
Manziel's Teammates Discuss QB's Rookie Season
Yahoo! Sports12:24 PM
Report: Cleveland Browns 'wrecked' by Johnny Manziel's rookie season
NBC Sports12:46 PM
Teammate: Manziel was a "100 percent joke" as a rookie