Clarksburg Police Department is Full ...

Clarksburg Police Department is Full of Abusive People

Posted in the Clarksburg Forum

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
John Bard

Bradford, PA

#1 Feb 3, 2011
Someone thinks that the Clarksburg cops are good guys? what about the tunnels under Glen Elk? I can't believe people do not know about them. Do you really think that every politician here having an Italian last name is just a coincidence? I can tell you that the mafia does still exist.

I read recently in this forum about someone whose grandfather was in in the mafia and the male members of his family, and when he died there were federal judges, local officals, and even a US marshall at his funeral. It isn't the mafia of old, it is more organized and much more powerful now. They don't have to kill, they have their hands in everything that goes on here.

Check out this blog. Maybe it will clear up some misconceptions.
http://theclarksburgmafia.blogspot.com/
1 post removed

Since: Jan 11

Wheeling, WV

#3 Feb 3, 2011
grrr. are a retard. how retarded of me.
Two eyes

Clarksburg, WV

#4 Feb 9, 2011
I believe if all the police officers were recorded,as they due their duties and had to be held accountable there would be less abuse. The officers answer to the chief, he answers to the city manager, city manager answers to city council!! The new officers are real nimrods that are to lazy to inforce the law or just ignorant to the law. The female officer is very abusive and yet she gets away with bending all the codes. Anyone that makes a complaint becomes a target, And the city gets continually allows the abuse even after being sued!! No one wants to put an end to it. CPD is abusive!! There is no one willing to hold them accountable for their actions! Get out and vote for a city council that will! City manager and chief are appointed by council!!

Dallas, WV

#5 Feb 9, 2011
Two eyes wrote:
I believe if all the police officers were recorded,as they due their duties and had to be held accountable there would be less abuse. The officers answer to the chief, he answers to the city manager, city manager answers to city council!! The new officers are real nimrods that are to lazy to inforce the law or just ignorant to the law. The female officer is very abusive and yet she gets away with bending all the codes. Anyone that makes a complaint becomes a target, And the city gets continually allows the abuse even after being sued!! No one wants to put an end to it. CPD is abusive!! There is no one willing to hold them accountable for their actions! Get out and vote for a city council that will! City manager and chief are appointed by council!!
I suggest you put your name in the hat for city council. Make the police abuse your platform and see where it takes you. The men and women in law enforcement work all hours holiday and weekends, only to get abused by the citizens that "pay their salary". People call in with BS complaints and get pissed when they are told its not a criminal matter. These guys deal with the scum of the earth, who would slit their throat if they could and you expect them to get the royal treatment. Of course there are bad cops, just like there are bad doctors to ditchdiggers, but the majority are just doing thier jobs trying to make an honest living. My guess is your or a family member have been arrested by CPD and just hold a grudge. Again, if you are an honest citizen, submit your application to be put on the ballot. I am anxiously awaiting to hear your platform.
Two eyes

Clarksburg, WV

#6 Feb 10, 2011
I guess you think the lady that was abused by a city poilse officer,(worked for an atty) must have deserved it! Thats why she was awarded a settlement from the city. With your attitude that police deal with the scum of the earth,,, not everyone arrested is scum of the earth. I do not hold a grudge, towards anyone, for any reason,but I do feel you can get along better with the people if you treat them as they are innocent til proven guilty. Some police officers still practice that, you respect me,, I respect you attitude. If there isnt a problem with CPD, why are they under investigation? Why did the Exponet Telegram have to file AFOI to get their records for complaints made from 2007 too date on abuse,false arrest, excessive force, etc. You can assume all you want. It makes you look like the retard you admit to be!! No one said all the cops are abusive! The city has been sued twice with a few pending.Some of the current police officers have also been arrested prior to holding their jobs with CPD. I bet you wouldn't call them scum of the earth to their face. It's an attitude like yours that, some officers share that make them bad cops!!

United States

#7 Feb 10, 2011
First if you're going to try and quote me use my exact words. I never said everyone arrested is the scum of the earth. I said they deal with the scum of the earth and I didn't include everyone in that statement.

Secondly to include some BS civil suits does not prove anything. Very little proof is needed to win civilly. Now when some criminal charges get filed give me a shout.

Thirdly, in order to get any type of info like the paper wanted you have to use the freedom of information act. What business just hands that out to whoever asks?
being me

Buckhannon, WV

#8 Feb 10, 2011
the "old school"cops at least had some respect for the people they were dealing with.today these "KIDS" we call cops what nothing more than trying to make a "name" for themselves.i think that is why there are more complaints made.they think that badge gives them the power to do whatever they chose without care or concern for the very people they are supposed to protect AND serve.
zig zag

Fairmont, WV

#9 Feb 10, 2011
Let's go back to the idiot that started these posts. What the hell is he talking about with the mafia and a video of the 1985 flood. Last time I checked, the city manager and city council (8 of them) only had one Italian among them. I would say you have a serious problem if you think one Italian out of 8 is running Clarksburg.
being me

Buckhannon, WV

#10 Feb 10, 2011
vote for a new P.A. also. his father was shot and killed under the light on 4th st along with another "mafia" assoicate in the late 70's.don't think i need to name names on this matter.but it does support the topic of this thread.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#11 Feb 11, 2011
John Bard wrote:
Someone thinks that the Clarksburg cops are good guys? what about the tunnels under Glen Elk? I can't believe people do not know about them. Do you really think that every politician here having an Italian last name is just a coincidence? I can tell you that the mafia does still exist.
I read recently in this forum about someone whose grandfather was in in the mafia and the male members of his family, and when he died there were federal judges, local officals, and even a US marshall at his funeral. It isn't the mafia of old, it is more organized and much more powerful now. They don't have to kill, they have their hands in everything that goes on here.
Check out this blog. Maybe it will clear up some misconceptions.
http://theclarksburgmafia.blogspot.com/
WTF that link goes to videos of the 1985 flood. You are dilusional! We have some really great officers in this area. You people are the ones that have no respect. The attitude of officers is usually a direct reflection of the person they are dealing with.

Shinnston, WV

#12 Feb 11, 2011
You know I never thought of the cops much but i do undertnd they put their lives on the the line to protect and serve. now with that said im not sure how much protecting and serving they do. i have to say last time i had a discussion with one of them i wasnt happy with the way they treat people. it was about 6 oclck in the evening on lowndes hill in august hotter that hell and was a long day at work, so i grabbed an iced tea from mcdonalds figured the park would be quite and cooler than my hot box apartment went up there to make soome calls and browse the web and wind down after a long day when up rolls one of clarksburgs finest and asked what i was doing and i told him drinking ice tea playing with my phone, then he told me i must leave and i asked him why and he said they have been having problems with prostitutes there, ive been there an hour and havent seen one soul and was thinking well you need to catch these criminals and what does this have to do with me, so i told him this was a public park and i was just sitting here and then with a threatening step towards me he look me in the eye and said thaat he was going to turn around at the y and return and if i was there he was going to site, arrest and tow my car..so i left i dont need the hassle, BUT WHAT GIVES HIM THE RIGHT TO TREAT ME LIKE THAT! I never followed uped on anything. but that let me know what kind of officer he was, you know been cool if he wouldve rolled up and sit drank a glass of iced tea with me talk a bit about whats going on, wouldve made his day better, mine for sure, and i bet no hookers wouldve been around... lol but we are left with this kinda man on the police force... shameful

“Truth and Justice”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#13 Feb 12, 2011
Razor1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF that link goes to videos of the 1985 flood. You are dilusional! We have some really great officers in this area. You people are the ones that have no respect. The attitude of officers is usually a direct reflection of the person they are dealing with.
I completely agree....Attitude is everything.
The problem is that they don't have to deal with them on a daily basis for every problem imaginable. Its probably like babysitting a bunch of children as they go all over town doing idiotic things.
The Key thing is, I don't see any of these people applying at CPD to change things. Because CPD is not going anywhere. So post all you want

“Truth and Justice”

Location hidden

#14 Feb 12, 2011
spittingcamel wrote:
Secondly to include some BS civil suits does not prove anything. Very little proof is needed to win civilly. Now when some criminal charges get filed give me a shout.
Thirdly, in order to get any type of info like the paper wanted you have to use the freedom of information act. What business just hands that out to whoever asks?
Boom

Dallas, WV

#15 Feb 12, 2011
SardisBorn wrote:
You know I never thought of the cops much but i do undertnd they put their lives on the the line to protect and serve. now with that said im not sure how much protecting and serving they do. i have to say last time i had a discussion with one of them i wasnt happy with the way they treat people. it was about 6 oclck in the evening on lowndes hill in august hotter that hell and was a long day at work, so i grabbed an iced tea from mcdonalds figured the park would be quite and cooler than my hot box apartment went up there to make soome calls and browse the web and wind down after a long day when up rolls one of clarksburgs finest and asked what i was doing and i told him drinking ice tea playing with my phone, then he told me i must leave and i asked him why and he said they have been having problems with prostitutes there, ive been there an hour and havent seen one soul and was thinking well you need to catch these criminals and what does this have to do with me, so i told him this was a public park and i was just sitting here and then with a threatening step towards me he look me in the eye and said thaat he was going to turn around at the y and return and if i was there he was going to site, arrest and tow my car..so i left i dont need the hassle, BUT WHAT GIVES HIM THE RIGHT TO TREAT ME LIKE THAT! I never followed uped on anything. but that let me know what kind of officer he was, you know been cool if he wouldve rolled up and sit drank a glass of iced tea with me talk a bit about whats going on, wouldve made his day better, mine for sure, and i bet no hookers wouldve been around... lol but we are left with this kinda man on the police force... shameful
I concur that if this is truly how the situation occured then this officer handled this situation poorly. Now with that said, if I judged every company as a whole by the minimal interaction I have had with a few employees I could discredit pretty much every business I've been too. My dealings with CPD and Law Enforcement in general are mostly positive but there are always a few bad apples in each basket. I know for a FACT that the Clarksburg Police Department is extremly busy 18 hours of the day. They are so busy that in a matter of minutes their on duty resources can be completely exhausted. The person waiting on a cop to show up to help bitches that no one is there, but when they want to hire more cops this same person is on their soapbox completely against it. I complete respect the job these men and women perform and I support them fully when they operate "above the board".

“Truth and Justice”

Location hidden

#16 Feb 12, 2011
spittingcamel wrote:
<quoted text>
I concur that if this is truly how the situation occured then this officer handled this situation poorly. Now with that said, if I judged every company as a whole by the minimal interaction I have had with a few employees I could discredit pretty much every business I've been too. My dealings with CPD and Law Enforcement in general are mostly positive but there are always a few bad apples in each basket. I know for a FACT that the Clarksburg Police Department is extremly busy 18 hours of the day. They are so busy that in a matter of minutes their on duty resources can be completely exhausted. The person waiting on a cop to show up to help bitches that no one is there, but when they want to hire more cops this same person is on their soapbox completely against it. I complete respect the job these men and women perform and I support them fully when they operate "above the board".
Enough Said.

Wheeling, WV

#17 Feb 12, 2011
being me wrote:
the "old school"cops at least had some respect for the people they were dealing with.today these "KIDS" we call cops what nothing more than trying to make a "name" for themselves.i think that is why there are more complaints made.they think that badge gives them the power to do whatever they chose without care or concern for the very people they are supposed to protect AND serve.
I would like to call BS. Many years ago, before 24 hour media, the internet, police brutality/misuse of power was far more prevelant. There wasnt a forum to bring this to the forefront, so it was mostly overlooked. Ive heard many stories of cops just beating the crap out of someone, just because they could. If that happened today every ambulance chasing/minority group representing s hitbag attorney would be all over their asses. I think that most of these officers operate within the confines of their policies and procedures due to liabilty fears. with every Tom, Dick, and Harry looking to make a quick buck, they have to be very careful.

“Truth and Justice”

Location hidden

#18 Feb 12, 2011
SardisBorn wrote:
They try and assess every situation as it comes. You probably got called on by another person who was worried that you were up to no good due to the area. The area most likely has with a problem of criminal activity. I understand you should be have the right to be on public property anywhere in the city, but the fact of the matter is that there is a reason for everything. People make areas problems. They usually go to these places and sit in their cars just like you and wait for people to buy narcotics from and sell them. The police usually don't hassle the good citizens of a city, they help them, The people they hassle are scum. If you have a problem with the word scum then anyone who reads this needs to go to the mission or under the 4th street bridge and deal with them for CPD .......Just saying....
cockyslut2356

United States

#19 Feb 12, 2011
umm how about my aunt getting he @ss kicked by them gay clarksburg co [email protected] thay need to get a life

“Truth and Justice”

Location hidden

#20 Feb 12, 2011
cockyslut2356 wrote:
umm how about my aunt getting he @ss kicked by them gay clarksburg co [email protected] thay need to get a life
I would bet my paycheck she deserved it, so tell her to quit being a sore in the eye of clarksburg

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#21 Feb 12, 2011
SardisBorn wrote:
That is an area where they have problems and just like I said thier attitude is a direct reflection of the person standing in front of them. You admit you boned up and smarted him off. You should have just moved on like you were told. Just because it is a park does not5 give you the right to just hang out there in your car looking for trouble.

He has been given orders to run people off sitting in that area because they have been having problems there. He asked you to leave and explained why.

You are probably one of the same people that would be bitching if someone was sitting in thier car in that area selling drugs or hooking. They would respond with a smart ass answer just like you did. Your lucky he didn't drag you out of your car and search you and your car at that point because when you got smart you gave him probable cause.

If im not mistaking they also have a sign posted there that you are not allowed to sit in that wide spot or park. It is somehow posted, I forget the wording.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clarksburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Jimmy Leggett a dependable worker 7 hr NotJimmyuidiot 6
Sober Living house. 17 hr Jesse 76
Inauguration Day Fri PayupSucka 1
Michael Howard Fri Beavis 7
autumn hawkins Thu Aintchabusiness 2
Lacey P Thu PayupSucka 9
Erica Lipscomb Jan 19 The real all me 8

Clarksburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance