1,027 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes for the Charter

No against the Charter

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#643 Oct 29, 2012
Hi Guys wrote:
I have read and studied the charter and know it's not good for this county. But at any rate, consider this. Two of the five charter commissioners themselves voted against it. I'm not talking at the polls - although I imagine they will vote no there too. I'm talking about when the charter commission voted on the final draft at their last meeting. Two charter commissioners voted no. That speaks volumes to me.
Just saying......
It does to me also..Especially since one of them was totally for it at the beginning,but changed his mind toward the end.
Director

Jamestown, TN

#644 Oct 29, 2012
Joker wrote:
<quoted text>
I posted what the STATE found to be an issue. Wasn't me, it was the STATE and the the County Finance Director AGREED to it!!
The Finance Director agreed that the money was not sent to the county by the federal government within 60 days - that's all. When money that is earned or accrued in a fiscal year does not actually come in, it is set up as a receivable so that income is reflected in the year in which it was earned. The director had no idea when the funds would come in - nor did anyone at the Highway department. It's a hit or miss proposition. The receivable ($99,375) was set up in the hopes that the money would come in soon. The money did come in but it was after 60 days. That's the entire reason for the finding. Now the money will show up in the next fiscal year. The way it's written by audit, it sounds like someone tried to destroy the world. Had it not been set up as a receivable and the money did come in within the 60 days, the finding would have been just as bad or worse. Now the money will show up in the next fiscal year instead. No money is missing. No huge mistake was made. Please don't put words in my mouth as to what I agree or disagree with.

Location hidden

#645 Oct 29, 2012
Director wrote:
<quoted text>The Finance Director agreed that the money was not sent to the county by the federal government within 60 days - that's all. When money that is earned or accrued in a fiscal year does not actually come in, it is set up as a receivable so that income is reflected in the year in which it was earned. The director had no idea when the funds would come in - nor did anyone at the Highway department. It's a hit or miss proposition. The receivable ($99,375) was set up in the hopes that the money would come in soon. The money did come in but it was after 60 days. That's the entire reason for the finding. Now the money will show up in the next fiscal year. The way it's written by audit, it sounds like someone tried to destroy the world. Had it not been set up as a receivable and the money did come in within the 60 days, the finding would have been just as bad or worse. Now the money will show up in the next fiscal year instead. No money is missing. No huge mistake was made. Please don't put words in my mouth as to what I agree or disagree with.
He does that from time to time.He is the King of Spin...A high paid CPA would have done the same thing..
Grandpa

Cookeville, TN

#646 Oct 29, 2012
Hey i cast my vote for he charter today. everyone should vote .

Location hidden

#647 Oct 30, 2012
Grandpa wrote:
Hey i cast my vote for he charter today. everyone should vote .
I am glad to hear that you exercised your right to vote and I hope everyone else will.Unfortunately a vote for the charter will be a vote for higher taxes.
Ms Perfect

Cookeville, TN

#648 Oct 30, 2012
I have a question; Are record numbers of people voting to say no to the charter, like they did for the telephone company? One year age more than 700 people voted no, this year only 90 voted at the telephone co.

Location hidden

#649 Oct 30, 2012
Ms Perfect wrote:
I have a question; Are record numbers of people voting to say no to the charter, like they did for the telephone company? One year age more than 700 people voted no, this year only 90 voted at the telephone co.
I really do not know,but I truly hope so...
mythinkingonit

Jamestown, TN

#650 Oct 31, 2012
200% against charter government and voted against.

Location hidden

#651 Oct 31, 2012
mythinkingonit wrote:
200% against charter government and voted against.
Thanks.
betch ya

Saluda, SC

#652 Oct 31, 2012
Hey, Green-goober.....
Heard the charter is being voted down...

I guess its time to start buying them uniforms, and find you a fine new gun...Dont forget your new holster..

How do you like them ford explorers, we DIDNT get ?

They were put on the worst Ford vehicle list, but dont you fret, the king and his henchmen will be able to "find" money needing repairs, for his trusted LAP-DOGS...

Location hidden

#653 Nov 1, 2012
betch ya wrote:
Hey, Green-goober.....
Heard the charter is being voted down...
I guess its time to start buying them uniforms, and find you a fine new gun...Dont forget your new holster..
How do you like them ford explorers, we DIDNT get ?
They were put on the worst Ford vehicle list, but dont you fret, the king and his henchmen will be able to "find" money needing repairs, for his trusted LAP-DOGS...
I told you the Ford Explorers were not coming this time.You still love fishing..Keep it up.
I really believe the people of Fentress county are very smart,and hope they can see through the charter and vote it down.
Joker

Gainesboro, TN

#654 Nov 1, 2012
Green Hornet 007 wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way,the present person that is the head of finance does not get $60,000 a year.
$46,201 to be exact.
Joker

Gainesboro, TN

#655 Nov 1, 2012
Green Hornet 007 wrote:
<quoted text>
...By the way,I did serve in the military,but that is apples and oranges.......
Obviously the Air Force then. Am I right?
Joker

Gainesboro, TN

#656 Nov 1, 2012
Green Hornet 007 wrote:
Joker....
Still waiting for an answer to post #610...
The Charter has good and not so good parts, as does any form of government I suppose. Term limits, changes in voting (51% or more to win), etc are just a couple that are changes that this county needs and to be honest, IF I thought they could be changed without the Charter I would vote against it, but since I am not for sure that they can or will, I will be voting for it. Now, before y'all jump up and down all over my comments, I also feel the Charter will not pass for a few reasons; most people have not read it, most people don't understand what they read in it, most people believe what other people tell them it is/stands for, most people are afraid of change, some people think that KR, DB and others can/will be in charge if it is voted in, etc etc.

I am hoping that this will bring about changes to the way we conduct elections and other changes in our county government.... But I also heard from a very reliable source that one of the CCs (BP) recently made the comment about changing the election issues to having term limits and 51% or more of the vote to win (after the charter fails) something to the effect of; "we ain't ever going to change a damn thing, we have it the way we want it and we ain't ever going to change it".

So people, as you can see, we need a change in leadership in this county. Some of these people have been in there way too long and they have served the county long enough. With attitudes like that, this county will NEVER go forward, only backward!!!

Location hidden

#657 Nov 1, 2012
Joker wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously the Air Force then. Am I right?
Nope..Army..

Location hidden

#658 Nov 1, 2012
Joker wrote:
<quoted text>
$46,201 to be exact.
I am not sure about your figure,but even if it is correct,it will be less that a CPA..Maybe by about $30,000 more.
1) Paying a CPA will cost the county more money..Correct? Yes or No...
2)Paying $50,000 for the county attorney, as per the charter, will cost the county more money.Correct? Yes or No?
Joker

Gainesboro, TN

#659 Nov 1, 2012
Green Hornet 007 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope..Army..
Active Duty?

Hmmmmm, well then. You were obviously never in a Leadership role.

Location hidden

#660 Nov 1, 2012
While I am asking questions,Joker...
3)Have you not stated on a few occasions in the past that you were against the Charter?Yes or No.

I have more questions to come,but I will ask them after your answers here.
Joker

Gainesboro, TN

#661 Nov 1, 2012
Green Hornet 007 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not sure about your figure,but even if it is correct,it will be less that a CPA..Maybe by about $30,000 more.
1) Paying a CPA will cost the county more money..Correct? Yes or No...
2)Paying $50,000 for the county attorney, as per the charter, will cost the county more money.Correct? Yes or No?
Got it from the audit; so it's pretty damn accurate!

1) Have no idea, I'm not a CC and don't have any influence on setting a salary on a county paid position.

2) Compared to what is currently paid; yes.

But when compared to pay vs. hours per YEAR worked, NEITHER is a good investment!

Agree - Yes or No ?
Joker

Gainesboro, TN

#662 Nov 1, 2012
Green Hornet 007 wrote:
While I am asking questions,Joker...
3)Have you not stated on a few occasions in the past that you were against the Charter?Yes or No.
I have more questions to come,but I will ask them after your answers here.
I recall stating on multiple occasions that I believe that it will not pass.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clarkrange Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drug bust!!!! 4 min etaohc 21
Where To Buy Minnows ? 1 hr tufer 3
Billy Dean Anderson Book (May '13) 1 hr Abbi2 140
Birthday Cakes 3 hr Just saying 3
Andrew and charotte looper 12 hr Tim 5
Worst York football Coach ever? 23 hr johnson1 10
who is the sexiest hair stylist in Jamestown ? Mon Old friend 3

Clarkrange Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance