3 people die after speeding car hits tree

Full story: GoErie.com

Three people are dead after a car they were in struck a tree in western Pennsylvania.
Comments
1 - 11 of 11 Comments Last updated Nov 20, 2008
Niki

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2008

This is tragic! It would be nice for PA to change the driving age to 18! Although this girl was 19 I think there are way to many accidents (deadly) involving teens. In other countries where the driving age is 18 the death rate is much smaller. I was a teenage not to long ago and I couldn't wait to be 16, but now I really think we need to change!
lakerman1

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2008

niki, I am trying to make sense out of your post.
But I cannot.
Niki

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2008

Oh okay, sorry. Basically I think we should change the driving age to 18. Personally I think 16 is too young. I watch the news a lot and their are way to many tragic accidents involving young teens.
lakerman1

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2008

It would have been better for the driver in this case had the age limit been 20.
The problem with a goofy driver who wants to speed is that some do not grow out of that. I did.
Sarah

Meadville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2008

One of my really good friends was dating one of the boys that was killed in this crash. She told me they were going over 100 mph does anyone know any more details to this??
Lori

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2008

Sarah wrote:
One of my really good friends was dating one of the boys that was killed in this crash. She told me they were going over 100 mph does anyone know any more details to this??
How would she know, they're all dead?
Scott Priester

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2008

Niki wrote:
Oh okay, sorry. Basically I think we should change the driving age to 18. Personally I think 16 is too young. I watch the news a lot and their are way to many tragic accidents involving young teens.
You can throw all the drivers ed classes and suspend issuing a license two years, but what good will it do? There's still going to be that getting to know your car phase and the excitement and freedom of having a car no matter what age. Schools need car simulators such as the ones that simulate drunken driving, so kids can get an idea of how a car handles at higher speeds and show them what happens if they can't handle it at speed.
Missy

Shippenville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2008

Sarah wrote:
The accident happened right down the road from me and from what I seen of the vehichle they had to have been doing 100.

The car went over what used to be a railroad track on a small hill they went air born and lost control.

The car hit the drivers side door first and wrapped around the tree the front end of the car was laying about 10 feet away from the tree.

The driver was was a 19 year old girl and her boyfriend in the passanger seat and 2 others one being 20 and the other being 22.

The only one to survive was Doug and he is in the Pittsburgh hospital and doing fine. He was the boyfriend to the driver and he has no idea what happened with the rest.
Missy

Shippenville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2008

Missy wrote:
<quoted text>
The accident happened right down the road from me and from what I seen of the vehichle they had to have been doing 100.
The car went over what used to be a railroad track on a small hill they went air born and lost control.
The car hit the drivers side door first and wrapped around the tree the front end of the car was laying about 10 feet away from the tree.
The driver was was a 19 year old girl and her boyfriend in the passanger seat and 2 others one being 20 and the other being 22.
The only one to survive was Doug and he is in the Pittsburgh hospital and doing fine. He was the boyfriend to the driver and he has no idea what happened with the rest.
I don't know why it is saying I live in Knox when I live in Strattanville.
Missy

Shippenville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2008

I don't live in Knox I live in Strattanville I don't know why it says Knox.
Julia

Collierville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2008

Lori wrote:
<quoted text>
How would she know, they're all dead?
The driver was my foster daughter in 2004/2005...

There was 3 dead on survived I believe if you look the articles up in the paper

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Clarion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 18 hr Condi Rice 3,900
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) Fri Jesus C 51,282
Review: Breanna's Beauty Room Jul 30 AEJ 2
summerville, pa condeming flood properties alon... (Aug '12) Jun '14 Observer 4
Debate: Gay Marriage - Shippenville, PA (Oct '10) May '14 EmpAtheist 33
State police crack 2003 East Brady robbery (May '07) Mar '14 This is too funny 20
Candidate For Gov. Proposes Free Tuition For So... (Nov '13) Nov '13 SmokeFilledBackRoom 5

Search the Clarion Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Clarion Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Clarion People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••